Game Day: Warriors (10-12) @ Suns (12-10), Tues 12/12/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Warriors (10-12) @ Suns (12-10), Tues 12/12/23

Post by Mori Chu »

I think it's too early to heap too much hate on any member of the roster, except Bol Bol, who has been utterly worthless.

Yuta looked pretty good in his first few games, but it's been rough after that. Maybe the biggest disappointment FA signing so far overall. But I like his hustle and defense; he had a nice block from behind on Curry in this game. And he hit a nice 3. I think he may improve with time and, as others said, if he's playing alongside the Big 3 so that he gets wide open looks.

Okogie has also cooled off a lot after a strong start to the season. The league has figured out about his horrible shooting and just sags off of him. But he made some really nice 3s last night before he went out with his hip injury. If he can just hit wide open 3s, he's extremely valuable. I haven't given up on him, especially since his defense is spectacular and would be really helpful if we could keep him on the court.

Eubanks I was pretty pleased with until the past 3-4 games or so. Prior to that I was impressed with his great screens, overall effort, strength, and touch around the basket. In the past handful of games he's looked a bit lost. I really disliked that lineup where we played him at the 4 alongside Bol Bol at the 5; that was horrendous. What was the coaching staff thinking there?! But as a backup to Nurk against teams with a big center, I think Eubanks is fine. I don't think I would prefer a shooting big like Frank the Tank over Eubanks since I like Eubanks's rebounding and strength and screens and such. Frank was mostly garbage other than shooting, which isn't really what we need from that spot.

I'm so happy/impressed with Goodwin. We really seem to have found a backup PG/combo guard who deserves heavy minutes. Some nights his shot isn't there, but he plays really hard, literally on the floor almost every game, and plays great defense. And he seems to be one of the guys who is not scared of any opponent and will go at the opposing team's defense consistently. He's been great. Can't believe he was just a throw-in on the Beal trade. He's made more impact for us than Beal has, so far.

Metu hadn't shown us very much until the past few games, when he's been great. Maybe he can be our backup big instead of Eubanks against smaller/faster teams? I like that role for him. His shooting and attacking the basket was great last night; very impressed.

KBD has been maybe the second biggest disappointment to me behind Yuta. But I think he's still playable as a backup 4 and occasional starter. I like his length and defense when his shot isn't falling. But I wish he were more consistent on offense so that we could keep him on the floor longer. Too many of our guys seem to fade away and disappear for stretches, possibly because we don't have good distributing ballhandlers to give them open shots.

Others: Allen and Gordon have been great; not much to say there. Keep them in the rotation.

All in all, I still think this is a deep and talented roster. I think mostly we just need more time to get healthy and "gel."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:24 am
JJ Slim wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:02 pm
Nurkic has continued his nice play. He had struggled a few games ago with his free throws but made 10 of 11 tonight. That was huge.
11 FTAs. Wow, that was much needed
I'll tell you, he's performed way better for us than I expected when the trade went down. And yes, the aggressiveness and FTs from the center position are refreshing.
Very pleased with him as well, gives us a different dynamic

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Frank is playing in Serbia. I watched him in a Euroleauge game one early morning a few weeks ago.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Dario is the one that still looks really solid that we should have held on to.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya he didnt play super great for us last year, but probably was still needing time. He’s been awesome for GS this year

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:57 pm
Ya he didnt play super great for us last year, but probably was still needing time. He’s been awesome for GS this year
He's probably better than Drew, but I like that Drew gives us a different look than Nurk, whereas Dario is basically the same type of player, just smaller. The issue with Drew has been his play the last few weeks.