What does this team need most?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

What does this team need most?

A pass-first PG
24%
A PF/C
14%
Better bench depth
No votes
Health / recovery from injuries (e.g. Beal)
14%
Coaching change (fire Vogel)
19%
Time to "gel"
14%
Effort; play harder
14%

Total votes: 21

TOO

Re: What does this team need most?

Post by TOO »

I think it's funny that people think a PG fixes things. That's not the problem. It's effort and execution, especially defensively and on the boards.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TOO wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:21 pm
I think it's funny that people think a PG fixes things. That's not the problem. It's effort and execution, especially defensively and on the boards.
If it’s consistently an effort and execution problem and it’s across the whole team, then I think what you’re really trying to say is that it’s ineffective coaching.

TOO

Post by TOO »

specialsauce wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:05 pm
TOO wrote:
If it’s consistently an effort and execution problem and it’s across the whole team, then I think what you’re really trying to say is that it’s ineffective coaching.
I dont think it's just Vogel, I think it'd KD and Booker too. They have this holier than thou attitude right now and it sucks

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I've said this before, but I just don't think it ever makes sense to blame a team's bad performance on "effort." Every team is out there trying hard. Some teams have better players than others, or players who fit together better. Some have better chemistry, coaching, practices, preparation than others. It's not a pickup game; you don't really win or lose on "effort."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:23 pm
I've said this before, but I just don't think it ever makes sense to blame a team's bad performance on "effort." Every team is out there trying hard. Some teams have better players than others, or players who fit together better. Some have better chemistry, coaching, practices, preparation than others. It's not a pickup game; you don't really win or lose on "effort."
Hard disagree. The Suns starters have routinely been outplayed by teams bench squads, just because the bench guys are out there going 100mph and Suns starters can't match the effort.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

TOO wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:17 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:05 pm
TOO wrote:
I dont think it's just Vogel, I think it'd KD and Booker too. They have this holier than thou attitude right now and it sucks
Yup agree coaching AND leadership

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Dec 22, 2023 6:23 pm
Maybe don’t say it again, guy!

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

https://fadeawayworld.net/5-reasons-why ... -superteam
5 Reasons Why The Phoenix Suns Will Be Another Failed Superteam
The Suns built a superteam this season that may fail to win a championship.

FRAN LEIVA
UPDATED:10 HOURS AGO
ORIGINAL:12 HOURS AGO

This article actually identifies are core issues pretty accurately.
1- Injury Riddled Superstars.
2- A Mediocre Defensive Cast.
3- Phoenix Lacks Enough Creators To Sustain An Elite Offense.
4- Under Average Bench Production.
5- Too Many Eggs In One Basket.