MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Mori Chu »

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the whole phx-suns.net family!

Our Suns have been a bit disappointing this season so far, so I think we need some good cheer. So let's make some.

Q: What is something happy or joyful about you and your family's holiday or year?

and,

Q: What is one "present" you hope to get this year? Whether it's a literal Christmas present, or something Suns-related, or life-related, etc. What are you hopeful for?

Mori Chu

Re: MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Post by Mori Chu »

I'll go first. Something happy and joyful for me and my family this year is that we are expecting our fourth child, a boy, sometime in mid-January. We are excited and can't wait to welcome him to the world. We're going to name him Max. (We plan to sign him to a $50m/year contract.). In my case, Max doubles as the one "present" I hope/expect to receive in the coming year. :-)

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Merry Christmas ya'll! I hope everyone stays healthy and safe during the holidays. I'm so grateful for having the forum and cool group of people to interact with.

When I get some more time I'll follow up with the questions.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Merry Christmas! I hope Santa comes to all of your houses!

I am happy AND joyful that I get to spend the holidays with my sons (that live on both coasts), my brother and his wife, and my 84-year-old mom and her SO who is a longtime family friend. That also doubles as my present as I am lucky to have everything I want and am thankful I was able to retire this year on the early side. I guess the one thing I don't have is an NBA championship for our Suns. Since I'm not greedy (and the odds currently seem insurmountable based on recent play), I'll hope the Suns are healthy for the second half of the season and they start figuring out how to win and at least make the playoffs and don't embarrass themselves.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Merry Christmas, everyone. Try to experience extra happiness because I can experience none.

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Happy Christmas all. Have a lovely day and an even better 2024.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Merry Christmas everyone!
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Democritus

Post by Democritus »

Merry Christmas to all of you from the country where the real Santa originates ;) Happy holidays guys
"We shall leave this world as foolish and as wicked as we found it on our arrival"-Voltaire

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Q: What is something happy or joyful about you and your family's holiday or year?
This is a tough, complicated question to answer…. I lost my mom in July to pancreatic cancer and not having her around this year has been a change. Perspective wise, it’s made me appreciate the friends and family that I have and extremely blessed to have the support system I have. Sometimes losing someone as monumental as a parent can help you appreciate life and the loved ones you still have left. We were able to pick up my step dad and bring him along for our family holiday and had a great time laughing at the fond memories we have of mom. Just a great time.

Q: What is one "present" you hope to get this year? Whether it's a literal Christmas present, or something Suns-related, or life-related, etc. What are you hopeful for?
So I was hoping for some new suns gear…. Needless to say the family didn’t disappoint…. lol. But the one thing I really want is the damn ring!

Merry Christmas to everyone here 😉

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Cap wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:37 am
Merry Christmas, everyone. Try to experience extra happiness because I can experience none.
Cap…. I hope you can find some joy today!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:25 am
This is a tough, complicated question to answer…. I lost my mom in July to pancreatic cancer and not having her around this year has been a change. Perspective wise, it’s made me appreciate the friends and family that I have and extremely blessed to have the support system I have. Sometimes losing someone as monumental as a parent can help you appreciate life and the loved ones you still have left. We were able to pick up my step dad and bring him along for our family holiday and had a great time laughing at the fond memories we have of mom. Just a great time.
So sorry to hear that, Kryptonic. One of my best friends has a dad who has advanced-stage cancer and is likely not long for this world. Very sad. But she's grateful that she gets to at least spend this Christmas with him. And my wife recently had a loss on her side of the family. Always worth a reminder, call/hug your loved ones while you can.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:45 am
Kryptonic wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 11:25 am
So sorry to hear that, Kryptonic. One of my best friends has a dad who has advanced-stage cancer and is likely not long for this world. Very sad. But she's grateful that she gets to at least spend this Christmas with him. And my wife recently had a loss on her side of the family. Always worth a reminder, call/hug your loved ones while you can.
Thanks Mori and absolutely right…. One thing I am noticing as I get older, losing family members and having family move away is that family isn’t always so much the blood related people in your life, but the people in your life that value and love you unconditionally and reciprocate that.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Merry Christmas everyone.

Bittersweet holiday this year. We lost my father in law in August, I’m working today and none of my children came home for Christmas this time around, although I did get to see them at Thanksgiving. My son is home from his mission though and I amy family has been extremely blessed.

JJ Slim

Post by JJ Slim »

Merry Christmas everyone! I want to start out by thanking Mori for continuing the site that was phxsuns.net started many years ago by sose. I have known many of you for almost 25 years going back to the AZCentral days and have met several in person at Suns get togethers. We have dis•cussed, disagreed, fought, cursed, agreed and loved together. We have shared both highs and terrible lows including 9/11 and when we lost my wonderful wife MEE in 2008. She was loved by many of you and she loved you in return. I had been on the sites first and she joined later and I almost felt like I ended up in her shadow or just a sidekick to her.

As far as the questions I have tons to be thankful for. Mine and MEE's children and my new wife's children are all doing well. We lost my mother in September at the age of 83 but I am thankful that after she was diagnosed with terminal cancer in 2019 and given less than 6 months to live she made it over 4 years and we got to spend time with her and she was lucid right up to a few days before she went. My father is 93 and still kicking and even though he has dementia he still knows who we are and is always a ham for getting his picture taken.

For a present I hope and pray that the Suns turn it around and become the team they have the talent and potential to be. I'm getting discouraged and feel like that curse is always there just as we are getting our hopes up.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Merry Christmas, everyone!
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:49 am
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to the whole phx-suns.net family!

Our Suns have been a bit disappointing this season so far, so I think we need some good cheer. So let's make some.

I got fired on Thursday, as have a lot of people lately at my company.

But the owner of the company asked me to come into his office on Friday and told me he made a mistake in letting me go, that he likes my positive energy, and wants me to come back. I’ve never had anything like that happen to me before in my life.
Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Dec 24, 2023 10:49 am
and,

I am grateful that my dad (who has stage four prostate cancer) has been doing better recently and I was able to spend Christmas with him and my mom and my sister.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Sorry about all you people who have loved ones dying. If I could trade places with them, I would.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Cap wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:10 pm
Sorry about all you people who have loved ones dying. If I could trade places with them, I would.
You good?
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Cap

Post by Cap »

TOO wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:25 pm
Cap wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 7:10 pm
You good?
No.