Game Day: Grizzlies (12-23) @ Suns (19-16), Sun 1/7/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Grizzlies (12-23) @ Suns (19-16), Sun 1/7/24

Post by Mori Chu »

We've seen signs of life from this team lately. But they've thrown away so many winnable games, you start to question whether they really get it or can find a way to improve before the season is over. I think on a meta level we turned over way too much of our roster all at once. Nobody has any history here, any comfort, any familiarity or security, other than Booker.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:21 pm
We've seen signs of life from this team lately. But they've thrown away so many winnable games, you start to question whether they really get it or can find a way to improve before the season is over. I think on a meta level we turned over way too much of our roster all at once. Nobody has any history here, any comfort, any familiarity or security, other than Booker.
Durant and Beal have comfort and security, at least in the sense of being practically untradeable.

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

I think the Big 3 know they can win games on their own in the regular season if they really needed to. But they also know that they need a few of these role guys to gain confidence going into the playoffs to be able to win in the playoffs. Gotta let them fail and learn too.

However I think its getting close to the point where they need to pick who the guys are going to be and stick with them. changing through the rotation so much isn't helping anyone.