Game Day: Suns (19-17) @ Clippers (22-13), Mon 1/8/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Suns (19-17) @ Clippers (22-13), Mon 1/8/24

Post by TOO »

Wally_West wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:51 pm
I don’t think there’s any friction between Book and KD at all. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they do sleep overs and watch marathons of Chopped or pawn stars. In that recent interview they all did together, they were saying they play COD until 4 in morning together. They’re fine.
Maybe they should focus more on basketball and less on video games?

Right guys? That's what we're supposed to say here?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Wally_West wrote:
they play COD until 4 in morning together.
I wonder if that has something to do with the fourth quarter collapses.

Get some sleep, guys.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:30 pm
Wally_West wrote:
I don’t think there’s any friction between Book and KD at all. It honestly wouldn’t surprise me if they do sleep overs and watch marathons of Chopped or pawn stars. In that recent interview they all did together, they were saying they play COD until 4 in morning together. They’re fine.
Maybe they should focus more on basketball and less on video games?

Right guys? That's what we're supposed to say here?
We did it for that last center (almost said his name!) so we should do it for these guys.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

If they were at least playing Alan Wake or Baldur's Gate...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

We're not talking about the Lopez brothers.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

They must be on that modern warfare zombie grind… lol. Can’t lie, I’ve been digging it.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

101 - 94 was an actual score in this game
Crazy

We traded in getting blown out in the 1st quarter and fighting back in Phx to the opposite

Loss sucks but the Grizz one believe it or not was more annoying than this
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Sunsfanatic76

Post by Sunsfanatic76 »

Spoiler: show/hide
SunsSince92 wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:59 pm
'So predominantly, the guard addition would play with the 2nd unit, but could also offer situational minutes when our offense gets sloppy or lazy'

Who is that guard passing to in the second unit with Booker and Beal off the floor? Outside of Gordon we don't have a reliable scorer off the bench. If we're playing Durant with this guard in the second unit then I struggle to see how the offense would differ from what we're running now as it'd surely just devolve into more KD iso?
Definitely a fair and legitimate question!
To answer this question I'd first say that in Having Beal be the primary ballhandler/ facilitator and having Book go back to his natural position at SG in which he's more gifted and lethal at should clearly give our offense a significant boost as well as reduce the overall pressure induced exhaustion/ reduced efficiency/wear and tear throughout the first three quarters on Booker, leaving him more fresh and energized for the 4th quarter and hopefully remedying our 4th quarter meltdowns better. Now for the solution as to who this point guard signing would actually be passing to aside from just Gordon as an offensive threat?

Although I have no disdain or animosity for any of our bench players, I'd again look to trade or waive/cut the ones that have unfortunately been underperforming the most over these 40 games. Nothing personal, but we're "in it to win it" right?? Now there could actually be a multitude of possible options via trades, our exceptions or via the unsigned/ buyout pool. But we DO HAVE TO strongly consider making moves to replace those players not performing for players that we can depend on? The trades I'd personally look at under current circumstances would be:

Atlanta- It's been reported that they're now open to almost anything? So would/could they consider like a Little/Okogie/Watanabe/ 2 2nds for P Mills and Saddiq Bey? Or maybe just Saddiq Bey and Garrison Matthews for Little/Watanabe/ 2 nds? Saddiq Bey hasn't been good defensively, But he's a very solid 3 pt shooter with decent size at 6'7, and Matthews is a legit knock down shooter too.

Toronto- They're currently on the verge of a complete rebuild around their young core AND they could use a more experienced vet center option for depth with Poetl out with injury. Would/could they consider something like Little/Bates Diop/ Eubanks/ 2nds for Chris Boucher? Or maybe a Little/Eubanks/ Watanabe/ 2 2nds for Porter Jr and Jalen Mcdaniels?

Memphis- The Grizz lost Morant for the season and are most likely tanking being in the 13th spot now. Their waiving Biyombo furthers this perspective. I don't think we could get Smart obviously, But would/could they maybe consider a little/ Watanabe/ 2nd for D rose and Zaire Williams or D rose and Konchar?

Utah- Utah (If they trade Markannen and tank), would they maybe consider a trade of Little/Watanabe/Bates Diop/Eubanks/ 3 2nds for Olynyk and Jason Preston?

Washington- As Washington is now fully entering into their rebuild, would they maybe consider a trade of Little/Watanabe/ Bates Diop/ 3 2nds for Delon Wright and Muscala? or maybe even just a trade of Little/Bol/ Eubanks/ 2 2nds for Muscala/ Baldwin Jr/ Butler?

But even if none of these trades becomes a reality, there are still multiple good options still available from the current unsigned/unrestricted free agency pool. Really, any of:
Kai Jones, Mohammed Gueye, Kostas Antetekoupo, Donta Hall (overseas buyout) for size, elite athleticism, shotblocking, very mobile/switchable long fluid defender.
D Cousins, Vernon Carey Jr, D Howard (overseas buyout)? for frontcourt size, scoring, PHYSICALITY, REBOUNDING, TOUGHNESS. But also would give us Nurkic insurance IF he goes down for any period of time with injury?
Stanley Johnson, Mo Harkless, Noah Vonleh, Theo Pinson, Feron Hunt, Justin Lewis, Brandon Slater (2- way SF), Cameron McGriff (two way 3/4).
TJ Warren, Joey Hauser, Matthew Hurt, Ryan Turrel, Pter Cornelie (2 way 4/5), Makur Makur (2 way 4/5), Mohammed Gueye (two way versatile multipositional 4/5).
Rubio, John Wall, Raul Neto, Ryan Nembhard, Shaq Harrison, Shariffe Cooper, Elf Payton, Michael Carter Williams, Ashton Hagans, etc for backup guard options?

There's a multitude of options for us to consider even if we can't find a beneficial trade. And plenty of available gunners/ scorers even on the vet min possibly too. :)