Game Day: Pacers (24-18) @ Suns (23-18), Sun 1/21/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Game Day: Pacers (24-18) @ Suns (23-18), Sun 1/21/24

Post by TOO »

I'm just going to convince myself that part of the bench issue is because we almost always have one of the big 3 out there with them leading the way and doing the scoring.

Jeremy, is this what denial feels like?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Someone said EG is playing hurt…don’t know if that’s true, but I’d sit him if so. He’s not super useful if he’s hurt. It’s tricky though because we don’t have someone to take his spot…Damian Lee would be nice in that role.

As for KBD, he was out there to defend Siakam… I think his offense is atrocious, but he does play good defense. I still would like to see Little in over him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

KBD was a turnstile for awhile out there. Everyone went right past him to the basket.

I thought that Nembhard played some really good defense on Booker last night. It might have been that Book was just off in the second half, but it looked like Nembhard was playing really well and making things tough for Booker.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Well I’m glad I remembered to use my bonus bets this time…I didn’t win the Booker 40+ but I did win the KD for 40+! :P
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Hmmmm
Started seeing all the headlines about Book n back to back 50pt games when he started on another heater but it quickly became one of his bad habit games.

Every Book/ Suns fans knows the movie when he gets caught up in the physicality and seems to focus more on overpowering dudes then gets silly turnovers

Granted he did having way too many just rim out but for sure this isn't the first time he has responded this way to physical/pesky defenders and then always takes a bad foul or two on defense trying to return the aggressive stuff to said defender. I think Nesmith and Nembhard deserve lil credit

Anyways
On to tonight ✌️👍
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I'm glad we just have Beal which isn't breaking news lol

A game like last night with KD going nuclear and Book a lil off the D would have hard trapped them all 4th quarter and we would have seen that movie with "one of the others" getting the ball at the top of the key and having to make a play

Just can't do that anymore
We have made Beal the screener out top for KD and that used to be Okogie but once Beal gets that pocket pass out the trap it's obviously a different story
The fact too that Grayson didn't hesitate the times when Beal got doubled late and also attacked the basket was simple but just a problem in previous 4th quarter lineups cause again that's our 3nD guy or big who gets that pass and has to make a play

So as been seen
The small ball lineup is legit (even with EG doing whatever he's doing sigh lol)

EG.......
I don't even mind the misses cause I think that avgs out it's his decisions on when to go 1v1 that trips me out. In open court is usually fine but his half court drives are like EG bro you're not blowing by anyone anymore without that running start 😅
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)