Suns News: Week 14 (1/22/24 - 1/28/24)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Suns News: Week 14 (1/22/24 - 1/28/24)

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:57 am
Weird…I guess the tweet got deleted…but yes it was about Bridges. Said the suns are interested.
I’m going to just say that I want the Suns to win a championship, and if the basketball fit is great I will just let the police play their part and I will just be a fan and root for the rest of the team’s success. I don’t like the dude, I don’t like his actions, I wouldn’t buy his merch, but I want the Suns to win and I can be happy for the other 14 guys on the team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I’d take him for the TPE. Or our junk. And if he gets thrown in jail then we just release him no hesitation, though that would suck for our team

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I am not a purist, but Miles Bridges is too far for me. I would not want him on our team. Go Google what he's done and then tell me you want that in a Suns uniform.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Yeah. That would be a very toxic decision by the organization. I would never touch Miles Bridges with a 30ft pole. He shouldn't ever play professional basketball again. Most folks would still be in prison.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:08 am
I am not a purist, but Miles Bridges is too far for me. I would not want him on our team. Go Google what he's done and then tell me you want that in a Suns uniform.
Let the police be the police and God be God. I’ll just be a fan that wants his team to win. He’s not going to be around my family or my kids. I’m not his friend.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:21 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Let the police be the police and God be God. I’ll just be a fan that wants his team to win. He’s not going to be around my family or my kids. I’m not his friend.
Nope. Dude shouldn't be able to be paid to play basketball again. This is beyond the morality police. Guy is a legit monster.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:22 am
specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Nope. Dude shouldn't be able to be paid to play basketball again. This is beyond the morality police. Guy is a legit monster.
Well, he’s allowed apparently. The justice system and NBA feel differently. We’ll just agree to disagree. And if he gets traded to us and we go on to win a championship, you may still feel that way about him (as do I), but I bet you’ll be pissing in excitement about that trophy and the rest of the team

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

On June 29, 2022, Miles Bridges was arrested in Los Angeles after an alleged assault on his former girlfriend, who is also the mother of his two children. The assault reportedly occurred in front of their children on June 27, 2022. Bridges was charged with one felony count of injuring a child’s parent and two felony counts of child abuse. The charges included an allegation of causing great bodily injury to the domestic violence victim
The specific injuries sustained by the victim included a concussion, a closed fracture of the nasal bone, a rib contusion, and a strained neck muscle, which were indicative of an assault by strangulation

. These injuries were serious and resulted in felony charges against Bridges, reflecting the gravity of the assault.

In November 2022, Bridges pleaded no contest to a felony domestic violence charge

. As part of his plea deal, he was sentenced to three years of probation, with no jail time. He was also required to complete 52 weeks of domestic violence counseling and 52 weeks of parenting classes, serve 100 hours of community service, and undergo weekly narcotics testing. He was prohibited from owning any guns, ammunition, or weapons. Additionally, he was ordered to pay a restitution fine of $300 and a domestic violence fine of $500. He was also required to obey the terms of a 10-year protective order, which mandated him to stay 100 yards away from and have no contact with the woman. Bridges and the woman maintained custody over their two children, and any visitation or exchange of children had to be done peacefully and through a neutral third party

In April 2023, the NBA suspended Bridges for 30 games as a result of the charges and sentencing

. Because Bridges did not sign a contract for the 2022-23 season, the league deemed that 20 games of the suspension had already been served. As a result, Bridges was only required to miss the first 10 games of the 2023-24 season after signing with the Hornets

In October 2023, Bridges turned himself in to police due to a warrant for violating a protection order. He was charged with violating a protection order, misdemeanor child abuse, and injury to personal property. The charges stemmed from an incident where Bridges allegedly threatened the mother of his children during a custody exchange, threw pool balls at her vehicle, and threatened to withhold child support if she reported the incident to the police

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:23 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
Well, he’s allowed apparently. The justice system and NBA feel differently. We’ll just agree to disagree. And if he gets traded to us and we go on to win a championship, you may still feel that way about him (as do I), but I bet you’ll be pissing in excitement about that trophy and the rest of the team
I don't think the organization is that stupid.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:30 am
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:23 am
AmareIsGod wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
I don't think the organization is that stupid.
Isaiah Thomas says otherwise

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I said when it happened that the nba should’ve told him to apply for readmission when he finished his 3 year probation. That seems fair to me. If you can get a 2 year suspension for drug use, 3 years for a violent domestic abuse situation seems appropriate.

NBA decided 30 games was enough. The fact he had a 2nd incident speaks volumes as well. I wouldn’t stop rooting for the suns, but I’d feel gross about it. I’ve seen no evidence of remorse or anything from him. This is nothing like rooting for Grayson Allen, he was easy to be converted to. I won’t be a Miles fan if he’s on the team.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:50 am
I think I said when it happened that the nba should’ve told him to apply for readmission when he finished his 3 year probation. That seems fair to me. If you can get a 2 year suspension for drug use, 3 years for a violent domestic abuse situation seems appropriate.

NBA decided 30 games was enough. The fact he had a 2nd incident speaks volumes as well. I wouldn’t stop rooting for the suns, but I’d feel gross about it. I’ve seen no evidence of remorse or anything from him. This is nothing like rooting for Grayson Allen, he was easy to be converted to. I won’t be a Miles fan if he’s on the team.
He should be in jail really

TOO

Post by TOO »

KPJ is available too while we're at it.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Fuck Miles Bridges. He’s a piece of shit. I don’t want nothing to do with him.

…but I’m also not the gm or owner so if they trade for him, it is what it is. Ive been rooting for this team my whole life. There hasn’t been a moment of my life where I wasn’t following this team. My earliest memories is watching and cheering for this team with my dad and I haven’t stopped since. I’m not giving my fandom because of that human garbage.

This all just speculation tho, so not much to say other than it would suck for him to be on our team. If we are being real, as fucked up as it may be, there’s probably plenty of teams that would love to have him on their team that could also outbid us for him pretty easily, so not really worried about him being on our team.

Split T

Post by Split T »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:54 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:50 am

He should be in jail really
I agree..should’ve served time

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:59 am
Fuck Miles Bridges. He’s a piece of shit. I don’t want nothing to do with him.

…but I’m also not the gm or owner so if they trade for him, it is what it is. Ive been rooting for this team my whole life. There hasn’t been a moment of my life where I wasn’t following this team. My earliest memories is watching and cheering for this team with my dad and I haven’t stopped since. I’m not giving my fandom because of that human garbage.

This all just speculation tho, so not much to say other than it would suck for him to be on our team. If we are being real, as fucked up as it may be, there’s probably plenty of teams that would love to have him on their team that could also outbid us for him pretty easily, so not really worried about him being on our team.
That’s what I figured and then I heard he has a de facto no trade clause because of his 1 year deal so he can kind of direct where he goes.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I hope this guy is right…

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I am a believer in forgiveness and giving people second chances. And nobody is as bad as their worst day or the worst thing they have ever done. But the second incident really seals it for me. The guy got some grace, probation rather than prison time, a small suspension and a chance to restore his career. Then he has another incident including throwing things at the same woman, again in the presence of his poor children. At that point I don't think there is much hope for the guy.

You can say it doesn't matter because all you want is his play on the court. But NBA players make appearances at events, schools, hospitals, charity stuff. They are part of the city and community and are public-facing in a way other employees are not. You can't bring in a guy who you know beat the crap out of his wife, concussed her, fractured her ribs, threw metal objects at her, multiple times. You can't.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 11:12 am
I hope this guy is right…

Richards would be cool, KJ Martin doesn't move me, he can't shoot.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya he’s a big time athlete but inconsistent shot. He hasn’t really gotten a chance to play this year. I think I’d take him over Nas though, he’s basically a Nas replacement. I was more talking about the Bridges stuff and Richards stuff with that tweet.