Suns trade for Royce O’Neale

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Suns trade for Royce O’Neale

Post by Superbone »

That was beautiful.
"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Royce O'Neale has been great. He's instantly become our ... 5th or 6th best player? How would you rank the guys in our roster in terms of how well they've played for us? My rankings would be something like this:

Book
KD
Nurk
Grayson
Beal
Royce
Gordon
Bol
Eubanks
Okogie
S. Lee
Young
Little
Azubuike

Side note: When is Thad Young going to show up and do anything for us?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'll be honest, I wasn't very impressed with Young for the limited amount of time he's played for us so far. He was very slow. I'm not sure he's going to do much for us. Maybe in the playoffs when things really slow down and get muddled up.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'll say one thing. Our roster seems much more balanced since the trades at the trade deadline. And it sure helps that Bol has stepped up. We didn't see that coming at the beginning of the season.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Seems like we are working Thad in slowly. Even if he’s not playing much I feel like he’ll be a good mentor. I think he’ll eventually get some run though

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:14 pm
Royce O'Neale has been great. He's instantly become our ... 5th or 6th best player? How would you rank the guys in our roster in terms of how well they've played for us? My rankings would be something like this:

Book
KD
Nurk
Grayson
Beal
Royce
Gordon
Bol
Eubanks
Okogie
S. Lee
Young
Little
Azubuike

Side note: When is Thad Young going to show up and do anything for us?
Sounds about right…I’d probably have Gordon above Royce, but on a per-minute basis Royce has been better, just hasn’t been here long. Similar with Beal, I’d put him 3rd on a per minute basis, but he’s been out so much that I think you have him right.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

RoyO has only been with the team for 11 games, and we've been an unimpressive 6-5 in those games.

And yet, the team looks a lot better. The team feels more like a team, they seem tougher, there's a better energy. The team seems to play with more intentionalality. Royce is just what the doctor ordered. Definitely not the only thing the doctor ordered, but I'm on the RoyO hype train.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

He definitely gives us a swagger we lacked previously.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not exactly the same type of player, but imo he's the closest thing we have to a Jae Crowder on this team. Sturdy veteran SF/PF who can spot up and hit open 3s, has some swagger and veteran confidence, plays within himself mostly, good team player and locker room guy. Jae had a bit more fire/toughness, and was a great defender in some situations, so Royce isn't exactly the same. But that's the closest recent comp imo.