2024 NBA Draft

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2024 NBA Draft

Post by Split T »

Ya my thinking is those guys couldn’t just count on their college skills to be successful in the nba. They needed to develop nba skills as well. Jimmer was only good when he could dominate the ball like Luka…only he was also 6’2 and didn’t pass…Edey has the benefit of being massive which covers up a lot…I just think he’s going to have to spend a lot of time screening and rolling…whether or not that’s a skill he can be effective at will determine if he can be an nba player.

Don't get me wrong, it would be dumb to draft him and not utilize his low post skills, but no one will build an offense around that, just like no one was building an offense around Jimmer as a ball dominant, shoot first pg.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't think that you have to cater your entire offense to post ups, but like I said before, the Suns offense has some post ups in it. He also was doing high screens and rolls in Perdue's offense yesterday and got a few offensive put backs after a miss by the guards after a PnR. He's so big, his screens are pretty tough to avoid.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Right I think it’s likely he can find some use as a screen and roll man…I’d just prefer to draft the guy we know will be good at that.

I don’t want another DA situation where we just want him to screen and roll and he mopes because he’s not getting enough post touches.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think we can all agree: it’s critical we walk away from this draft with (at least) one rotation player - whether that means by drafting him, trading for him or trading down and picking up additional assets. Jones can not blow this.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yes…and that becomes even more crucial if Bol, Grayson, EG, or Royce aren’t retained.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 12:15 pm
I think we can all agree: it’s critical we walk away from this draft with (at least) one rotation player - whether that means by drafting him, trading for him or trading down and picking up additional assets. Jones can not blow this.
This is all I care about with the 2024 draft. They have to find someone who can regularly contribute to the rotation regardless of how they obtain that guy.

I'm not sure that task will be in Jones' hands, though.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 4:44 pm
Shabazz wrote:
This is all I care about with the 2024 draft. They have to find someone who can regularly contribute to the rotation regardless of how they obtain that guy.

They found him last year but had to give him away.
"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:00 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Pining for Camara? Seriously?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:44 pm
Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 6:00 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Shabazz wrote:

Pining for Camara? Seriously?
Seriously. He's good.
"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Looks like someone's getting the picture

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:55 pm
Looks like someone's getting the picture
Obviously, Cap is only looking at the negatives.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

We will pick either 21, 22, or 23…depending on coin flips and whether New Orleans makes the playoffs

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I really want Edey to be available and picked by the Suns. I just can't with Ewwwbanks anymore
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya we absolutely need to replace Eubanks…I’m not sold on Edey yet though.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I prefer a guy who doesn't have cement in his shoes.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Like Gobert?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Yes, Gobert can actually move.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Gobert would be awesome on this team tbh…you can’t use him as connector much, but he’d help the defense so much and he’d give us a real lob threat. I’d love to find someone in that mold. I don’t follow college basketball, but Yves Messi seems like the closest to that based on what I’ve read. Maybe Kel’el Ware if you want someone who can pop too.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:45 pm
Gobert would be awesome on this team tbh…you can’t use him as connector much, but he’d help the defense so much and he’d give us a real lob threat. I’d love to find someone in that mold. I don’t follow college basketball, but Yves Messi seems like the closest to that based on what I’ve read. Maybe Kel’el Ware if you want someone who can pop too.
Don’t most of the mocks have Messi off the board before we draft? We’re not really in a position to trade up.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think I saw him mocked to us once, but that was when we were at like 18…I’m not really sure yet how the draft will go