Around the NBA: Week 19 (2/26 - 3/3)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Around the NBA: Week 19 (2/26 - 3/3)

Post by ShelC »

It's not fair.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He’s gonna run the league soon

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Clips lost to the Lakers after a 4th quarter collapse :?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

We are currently at 5th in the West, 3.5 games back of the 4th place Clippers. The standings have been the same for a while now, with a clear top-4, then a gap, then #5-10 clustered pretty close together. We are only 1 game out of 8th and only 2.5 games out of 10th.

It looks like the top-10 West teams are solidifying. The 11th and 12th place Jazz and Rockets are separated by 4 or more games from the 10th place Warriors, and they're both on bad losing stretches.

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

This is going to be a tough stretch. If the Suns can somehow come out of it in good shape, I'll be extremely encouraged and impressed.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

5-1, loss against Toronto

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Kevin Garnett said Lebron James takes PEDs from Balco. Thoughts?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I've long thought that Lebron was on PEDs. He's just so strong and durable, far past the point of other players. He has tons of muscle despite that not being super advantageous for an NBA player. Where would he find the time to bulk up like that while running so many NBA miles?

I'm also open to the idea that maybe Lebron isn't strictly on "PEDs" in the sense of literal steroids, but maybe some questionable gray-area stuff that isn't technically illegal but still gives an advantage. Like maybe they give him special medicines and supplements that end up raising his testosterone without technically being steroids. Or maybe he's on antibiotics 100% of the time, which lets his immune system do less work and gives him more energy to grow big and strong.

I do wonder if some kind of PED scandal will come out about Lebron near / after the end of his career.

TOO

Post by TOO »

KG says a lot of dumb stuff for attention.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

The context around when he said it did not sound like he was looking for attention at all. I'm with Mori, I think Lebron has been on HGH/steroids or something similar to enhance his body and boost recovery for a long time.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've heard similar things about LBJ and some other guys in Miami specifically. But also suspicions about Blake Griffin and older players like Anthony Mason.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It all comes from the biogenesis scandal…it was mostly baseball and wrestling but there were a couple trainers that have a link to LeBron that were implicated. There was no evidence LeBron received any PEDs from it. Personally I think it’s messed up to make a claim like that without evidence. Speculation on a message board is fine, but KG saying it on a show perhaps millions will see is a little messed up.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:37 am
I've long thought that Lebron was on PEDs. He's just so strong and durable, far past the point of other players. He has tons of muscle despite that not being super advantageous for an NBA player. Where would he find the time to bulk up like that while running so many NBA miles?

I'm also open to the idea that maybe Lebron isn't strictly on "PEDs" in the sense of literal steroids, but maybe some questionable gray-area stuff that isn't technically illegal but still gives an advantage. Like maybe they give him special medicines and supplements that end up raising his testosterone without technically being steroids. Or maybe he's on antibiotics 100% of the time, which lets his immune system do less work and gives him more energy to grow big and strong.

I do wonder if some kind of PED scandal will come out about Lebron near / after the end of his career.
He does spend over $1 million a year on keeping his body in it's best shape possible. It's not all membership dues to LA Fitness, private trainers and protein shakes. He's got to be doing something much different.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah I mean, I'm sure he's using every available technology to help improve his athletic performance. Maybe he's doing some of that "blood doping" stuff where they extract his blood, put it in a centrifuge, pump it full of platelets or whatever, then put it back in his body.

TOO

Post by TOO »

He's probably doing the thing where you take fetus juice and inject it into his body, I cannot recall what it's called. It's like PRP but something else.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:02 pm
He's probably doing the thing where you take fetus juice and inject it into his body, I cannot recall what it's called. It's like PRP but something else.
Great, he's a cannibal.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 1:00 pm
TOO wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 12:02 pm
Great, he's a cannibal.
Shhh, you can't talk that way about him. Keep it on the downlow.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:07 am
5-1, loss against Toronto
That would be amazing.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 11:00 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:37 am

He does spend over $1 million a year on keeping his body in it's best shape possible. It's not all membership dues to LA Fitness, private trainers and protein shakes. He's got to be doing something much different.
The whole PED thing is interesting. Since I've been on a mission to get into my best shape, I watch a lot of YouTube fitness content. They have lots of videos out there dedicated to "natty or not". Some is obvious. Others not as much. Also depends on your genetics. Some can get naturally jacked a lot more than others. I refuse to take anything.

LeBron is definitely more jacked than the average NBA player. Could it be just great genetics? Possibly. But I think there's a good chance he's taking PEDs. Look at Beal. He's jacked too but in a much more natural way.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Stem cell treatments is what I was thinking of. Damn old brain.