Game Day: Celtics (48-14) @ Suns (37-26), Sat 3/9/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: Game Day: Celtics (48-14) @ Suns (37-26), Sat 3/9/24

Post by The Bobster »

LazarusLong wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 11:23 pm
" I also liked their big white stiff center, #40."

Luke Kornet.
Dad, Frank Kornet, had a brief stint with the Bucks.
His mother used to host Sonoran Living on Channel 12 here in Phoenix. She's now a news anchor in Nashville.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Haven’t been able to comment, but how did no one else complain about Eubanks yet? -20 in 11 minutes. Routinely dominated by Luke Kornet. Every time he came in, everything went to pot.

I’m looking forward to being healthy, so we can minimize or eliminate minutes from guys who suck. Against teams like the Celtics and in the playoffs you can’t afford to give minutes to Eubanks, Lee, etc. Our top 8 is pretty strong but it seems like we always play as well as our worst player on the court.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Postgame Quotes and Videos
Spoiler: show/hide

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 1:29 am
Haven’t been able to comment, but how did no one else complain about Eubanks yet? -20 in 11 minutes. Routinely dominated by Luke Kornet. Every time he came in, everything went to pot.

I’m looking forward to being healthy, so we can minimize or eliminate minutes from guys who suck. Against teams like the Celtics and in the playoffs you can’t afford to give minutes to Eubanks, Lee, etc. Our top 8 is pretty strong but it seems like we always play as well as our worst player on the court.
Well, when you go shopping in the bargain bin, this is what you get.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Fairly solid effort
I was super disappointed at one point.....

I'm always giving Beal his props but man oh man, down 5 to start the 2nd quarter and he's the catalyst for that group. Simple answer was he was just pressing too much but he forced some shots, didn't hit couple open guys and other factors contributed yes but we were down 13 in no time.

Bol was one of the guys he had once or twice but didn't pass it. Solid game again from young fella, he gave up a 3 to Hauser which was a mental lapse and not sure how much he played after that......

Vogel tried Roddy for his D and to be fair I think he was as advertised, strong dude and stuck to Tatum pretty good but I was surprised that all his 3s looked to have zero chance of scoring.....
Not someone we gonna need to count on but he seems to have a hitch and all that which I didn't notice in the Grizz highlights I peeped at.

Grayson being a barometer as to how well things are going on offense still seems valid

Have to agree with the EG takes
At least our projected small ball closing lineup going into the season would now be Royce instead of him so that helps cause there really are some times when he looks his age on D and going for loose balls smh
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Nurk had a similar comment earlier in the year when Vogel went with Eubanks against a smaller team.
People got a little concerned as to if he was pouting or it would be an issue. Think is clear by now Nurk gonna speak his mind and nothing wrong with being candid.
I don't see it as shots fired and all that drama, even his comments about Celtics in the follow up questions is just him giving a straight answer

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Yeah, not worried about what Nurk is saying. These guys should have some ego and want to play.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not having Book, I'm not too discouraged by this loss. Celtics are the top team in the league. But I do think we were outworked in the first half and that's inexcusable. I think we did better in the second. Got back in it but then proceeded to miss open shots to tie and/or get back on top. Yup, their bench minutes were much better than ours as well. At least that gets mitigated a bit in the playoffs.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

I do not thing Frank returns next year
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

It's a frank curse, Johnson, Kaminsky, Vogel....

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Depending on how the rest of the season/playoffs go, he could be brought back but would be on the hot seat immediately next season. I still don't think the players have embraced him or really bought in but he may get a pass due to Beal and Book missing so much time this season.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think it’s a good idea to dump Frank…we need continuity. That’s the thing this team desperately needs. I guess if we are dumping him for Kevin Young, but if you are going outside for a hire, you better absolutely be sure you nailed it. For me it would have to be like Ty Lue coming available.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Mar 10, 2024 2:59 pm
I don’t think it’s a good idea to dump Frank…we need continuity. That’s the thing this team desperately needs. I guess if we are dumping him for Kevin Young, but if you are going outside for a hire, you better absolutely be sure you nailed it. For me it would have to be like Ty Lue coming available.
Yeah, if we do, it better be for somebody that commands respect and is willing to lay into the guys at times. Not a lot of Pops around but that's what we need. Otherwise, keep the continuity.
"Be Legendary."