Game Day: Suns (38-27) @ Celtics (51-14), Thurs 3/14/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (38-27) @ Celtics (51-14), Thurs 3/14/24

Post by Mori Chu »

Expecting all of your top 8 guys to be healthy is not generally going to pan out. IMO the big benchmark is how often our starting 5 has been intact, including our Big 3, Nurk, and Grayson. And they haven't all been healthy for most of the season; Beal and Booker have missed a lot of games between them. When all 5 are playing, we're a pretty decent team. Not a title contender, but better than a 7-8 seed. But, well, we traded for Brad Beal knowing that he was over 30 and had a recent history of multiple injuries. So we got what we paid for.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:59 am
It's one thing to not be as good as a team like the Celtics. I'm fine with that. It's that this team has never looked like it's been in any kind of flow or rhythm all year and there's a real lack of hustle and urgency. We're not good at anything, the pieces don't look like they fit, the coaching has been suspect at best and the guys really seem to be content to keep playing at a half assed level. The Celtics punched us in the mouth last night and we didn't do show any resilience. There's no fight or grit with this team. Jaylen Brown punked us all game and no one stepped up. I think there's been a lot of regression overall and I don't know how we fix that going forward. I'm just about out on Vogel and think we need a tougher coach to really challenge guys and push them.
I agree that lack of hustle and urgency has been an issue for this team but not last night. Celtics were just better and hitting their shots while we were not. I thought the Suns looked dialed in from the jump. Royce's threes were wide open. It's a different game if he hits those.
"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I made my opinion clear on Jaylen Brown so Grayson bad turnover here and letting dude get the exclamation point I was tuned out
Didn't ever see this stuff
Smh

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:19 am
ShelC wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:59 am
It's one thing to not be as good as a team like the Celtics. I'm fine with that. It's that this team has never looked like it's been in any kind of flow or rhythm all year and there's a real lack of hustle and urgency. We're not good at anything, the pieces don't look like they fit, the coaching has been suspect at best and the guys really seem to be content to keep playing at a half assed level. The Celtics punched us in the mouth last night and we didn't do show any resilience. There's no fight or grit with this team. Jaylen Brown punked us all game and no one stepped up. I think there's been a lot of regression overall and I don't know how we fix that going forward. I'm just about out on Vogel and think we need a tougher coach to really challenge guys and push them.
I agree that lack of hustle and urgency has been an issue for this team but not last night. Celtics were just better and hitting their shots while we were not. I thought the Suns looked dialed in from the jump. Royce's threes were wide open. It's a different game if he hits those.
Yeah, Royce has been in a big slump lately. Book was subpar by his standards too. We were trading 2's with their 3's.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I was told that Nurk wasn't as good of a rebounder as the last guy.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Works for me.