Suns get their PG? IT returns

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Suns get their PG? IT returns

Post by Mori Chu »

The thing about a signing like this is, it kind of undermines our bench guards like Saben Lee and Damion Lee. I know those guys aren't all-stars, but it must be frustrating for them to see the team bring in another guy who plays the same position and is essentially meant to replace them. And IT isn't exactly setting the world on fire, so the message is, we'll bring in anybody off the street to replace you. I hope IT works out great, but I think this could be a bad move for team chemistry.

If IT worked out well, would he still be playoff-eligible?

Carno

Post by Carno »

I mean why not? Saben Lee has been awful and should never see an NBA court ever again.

IT is eligible for playoffs if he wasn't on an NBA roster after March 1st, which I believe is the case.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

So Superbone decided to unilaterally lock a thread that had more discussion and activity than any other thread. So expect to see Ayton discussion in every thread now.

Couldn't just ignore it since you're not interested in it? Wasn't inflammatory. Nobody was name calling. You just unilaterally decided you didn't want people talking any more. Childish small dick move bro.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Won't miss it, not sure why anyone cares what they dude is doing anymore, glad it's gone.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Again, it's very easy to just ignore a thread. Like the dumb countdown thread. Or when people start spamming with puns and completely derail a thread.

It was actual discussion about basketball.

But egos get in the way.

Please unlock.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Yea I don’t get locking…. Thought we lived in America and had freedom of speech. It’s easy to ignore and was nothing more than a running meme of his career.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:38 am
The thing about a signing like this is, it kind of undermines our bench guards like Saben Lee and Damion Lee. I know those guys aren't all-stars, but it must be frustrating for them to see the team bring in another guy who plays the same position and is essentially meant to replace them. And IT isn't exactly setting the world on fire, so the message is, we'll bring in anybody off the street to replace you. I hope IT works out great, but I think this could be a bad move for team chemistry.

Saban Lee only has 4 games left of eligibility and I don’t think we can count on Damian Lee for anything. It’s a 10 day contract…if he’s not any good they’ll just let him expire and probably convert Saben to a real contract.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:11 am
So Superbone decided to unilaterally lock a thread that had more discussion and activity than any other thread. So expect to see Ayton discussion in every thread now.

Couldn't just ignore it since you're not interested in it? Wasn't inflammatory. Nobody was name calling. You just unilaterally decided you didn't want people talking any more.
Agree with the sentiment…. And compared to the whole political forums it’s nothing.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

I don’t. Good riddance.

carey

Post by carey »

IT does nothing to solve our biggest issue which is defense. Vogel is supposedly a defensive genius but you can't tell by watching our squad.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

TOO wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:28 pm
Goran wasn't available?
Goran retired.
Phoenix Suns 2023-24NBA Champions !

carey

Post by carey »

carey wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:53 am
IT does nothing to solve our biggest issue which is defense. Vogel is supposedly a defensive genius but you can't tell by watching our squad.
We just gave up 140 points to a Milwaukee team without Giannis but sure let's add IT. As long as we continue to let other teams shoot insane numbers from 3 (60% today!) we aren't winning any playoff games, assuming we even make it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:

If they played better, it wouldn't be necessary to try somebody else. That's on them.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:42 am
Yea I don’t get locking…. Thought we lived in America and had freedom of speech. It’s easy to ignore and was nothing more than a running meme of his career.
Ultimately, it's Marty's call.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

It's fine it will just result in the discourse spilling into other threads

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:03 pm
I appreciate all the maturity you're showing in the matter.
"Be Legendary."

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Exactly

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:05 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Pot meet kettle old man

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:59 pm
Mori Chu wrote:

If they played better, it wouldn't be necessary to try somebody else. That's on them.
If Saben Lee or Damion Lee (when healthy) were dependable enough to give consistenet minutes this might be an issue, but neither one of them is. Neither is Okogie. So it doesn't hurt to take a flyer on a veteran who was tearing up the G-League.

If Thomas is healthy, he should be good for 10-15 minutes a game and he is different that all the stand around jumpshooters they've had who can't create their own shot.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Split T

Post by Split T »

I blame the suns…if they’d just play better we’d all be in better moods haha. I’m kinda glad I’ve been out of town and haven’t watched the last 4-5 games…Denver game was my last one