Game Day: Suns (43-31) @ Pelicans (45-29), Mon 4/1/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Game Day: Suns (43-31) @ Pelicans (45-29), Mon 4/1/24

Post by In2ition »

TOO wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:23 am
In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:52 am
It's crazy on Twitter when you see KD stans complain about these type of games from Book. They go into how it hurts the team, and no one gets involved, but when KD has big games everyone else is involved. It's nuts and comical.
I hate player stans, the weirdest of the weird.
Agreed. I'm a Book stan on Twitter if you consider someone that comes to their defense when slandered. I don't slander other players on the team when they do well, because for some reason(in their heads) it hurts Book. I think that's so weird. If KD averaged 50 per game and Book was averaging only 20 per, while the Suns were on track to win 60+, I wouldn't even care in the least.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:38 am
Pelicans are a lot more interesting team now that Zion seems to be more committed to keeping his weight down and staying healthy. They have a lot of really nice pieces like Herb Jones and Murphy who you'd be happy to have on your team. Jones was really active on defense in this one as usual. CJ McCollum didn't help them with his 6-17 shooting night.
I don't even remember seeing McCollum last night. I forgot he was on their team. He used to be a focal point.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
It's crazy on Twitter when you see KD stans complain about these type of games from Book. They go into how it hurts the team, and no one gets involved, but when KD has big games everyone else is involved. It's nuts and comical.
I don't follow that but that's pretty funny. I guess it makes sense if you are a KD stan.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:07 am
It was nice seeing Book go off and find his rhythm. He's really fun to watch when he's locked in and everything is working for him offensively. But it feels like we need someone to go nuts just to build a lead and have a chance at winning. It's Grayson hitting eight 3s in a half or one of the Big 3 giving us 30+ on 55% shooting. Doesn't seem like there's ever a good balance or the Big 3 all playing well in the same game.

I have to go back and watch the 4th when Zion went off. We were using Beal to guard him in the first half and it worked really well. Think we went away from that later on. But Zion also took the initiative and bullied his way to the basket which is impossible to defend. Not sure why they weren't going to him earlier. They were using him as a screen and roll option and that's just not his game. He needs the ball in his hands getting downhill to be most effective.

It's really frustrating seeing the team come out with such bounce some games and be completely flat in others. We also still shrink when the going gets tough. When we start missing shots and turning the ball over, we slow down and tighten up which gives the other team momentum. Happened last night again. We just can't seem to find reliable offense to go to when we need a basket.
Suns generally had a good scheme against Zion last night but it fell apart a bit at the end.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:23 am
In2ition wrote:
I hate player stans, the weirdest of the weird.
Do you remember when Penny Hardaway was here? We had people showing up here only because they were Penny fans. Same with Shaq.
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:29 am
In2ition wrote:
I don't follow that but that's pretty funny. I guess it makes sense if you are a KD stan.
Here are some examples from last night.

"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha. That is pretty funny. Definitely KD fans and not Suns fans. It does remind me of the Penny and Shaq days and the player-specific fans.
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shits super weird.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Carno

Post by Carno »

This is ridiculous. Book's points came in the flow of the offense. He didn't really force anything. KD LOVES it when Book goes off. It goes the other way around too. Book defers to KD when KD is hot. Book was only hot for the first half. In the second half, he was much less of a focal point, probably because the defense changed to focus on him.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

The Book stuff is awesome if not crazy, yeah there was that beef with the Pels but that dude clearly appreciates his family coming

As for my usual things I harp on :oops:
Brad 5/8 for 13pts with 3 3pt, 9 rebs and 6 dimes
Grayson 4/8 for 11pts and 4 dimes

Beal did have 3 turnovers but you look at that box score and might seem like they were "too quiet" but I just continue to like how they impact the game.
Beal continues to back up his talk that he's taking on the challenge to do the other little things to help the team win. We've had some shooters over the years and if you run them off the line they were not very comfortable with the dribble but the way Grayson attacks on the break and half court is important.

Beal (and the team) did another solid job on Zion but the difference from the first game when we put Beal on him is that in the 2nd half he was going up faster. I feel in the first match up he was trying to get too deep and we were playing him to spin back and the help was always there. Last night he seemed to gather from further out and initiate the contact so wasn't much dribbles in the paint to allow us to converge.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Felt like that post was a little long lol
Game was good stuff again until the 4th made it a little bitter sweet.

Of all the things that concern the fan base which as others have point out simply comes down to a bit more energy and focus.
Our stagnating on offense and the KD isos continue to be my main concern.

I think the Playoffs game slowing down will help us
I feel our defense rotations been better and the guys do lock in for periods so might not be as susceptible to a 3pt barrage from opponents

But man this KD stuff
I was hoping we will run more off the ball screens for him and we're doing that, more midpost stuff like Dirk but I know I'm kidding myself that the Isos at the top will be limited. Some of those live ball turnovers in future must win games gonna probably make me lose my mind more than anything else smh lol
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

bajanguy008 wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:25 pm
Felt like that post was a little long lol
Game was good stuff again until the 4th made it a little bitter sweet.

Of all the things that concern the fan base which as others have point out simply comes down to a bit more energy and focus.
Our stagnating on offense and the KD isos continue to be my main concern.

I think the Playoffs game slowing down will help us
I feel our defense rotations been better and the guys do lock in for periods so might not be as susceptible to a 3pt barrage from opponents

But man this KD stuff
I was hoping we will run more off the ball screens for him and we're doing that, more midpost stuff like Dirk but I know I'm kidding myself that the Isos at the top will be limited. Some of those live ball turnovers in future must win games gonna probably make me lose my mind more than anything else smh lol
It was actually the end of the 3rd that was the problem. We played them evenly in the 4th. But yeah, the KD lazy pass turnovers HAVE to STOP. We have no room for that. And he's been pretty consistent at having at least a couple a game. Knock it off, KD!
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

KD just has no business getting the ball above the 3pt line at this point unless he's shooting the 3

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Here is pissed off KD due to Book taking all the shots:

"Be Legendary."

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Now let’s see the mode night in and night out.