Game Day: Suns (47-33) @ Kings (45-35), Fri 4/12/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (47-33) @ Kings (45-35), Fri 4/12/24

Post by Mori Chu »

specialsauce wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 am
Favorite player on the team. All heart. Not acting too cool to care like the two others.

There's no "chillin" remark coming from him.
I get the fondness for Beal lately. And our other Big 2 have done some disappointing things and not shown the best leadership. But it'll take more from Beal to make me like him more than Booker. For one thing, Beal has been invited a bunch and always seems to tweak something or get another nagging injury. Also, his numbers and play haven't been all that great until recently. I get that it's taken time for him to find his role here. And I am very happy with how he's doing. But I wouldn't put him over Book personally.

Booker helped us raise this team up from the bottom of the league to the NBA Finals. He has had 70 points for us. He's been our all-star and All-NBA guy. And he is the reason KD and others wanted to come here. He's the core and heart of the team. Book hasn't handled the struggles this season well. And he was part of a team that hung its head and choked in multiple playoff series. But he's still my guy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t think saying Beal is our favorite player means we think he is our best player. His personality is just refreshing and he’s the one who has changed his game the most to try and make this work…now I get that he was 3rd in line and should’ve been the guy to sacrifice, but it would have been easy for him not to. He’s honest, he calls out the team when they don’t play well, none of this 36 unbothered or chillin stuff.

That’s not to say I think KD and Book are wrong for how they approach the game, but we desperately need an emotional leader and Beal seems to be stepping up.

Also I wouldn’t say Beal hasn’t been all that great. He’s shooting over 41% from 3…18/5/4 on .601 TS%. He’s been very good and he’s stepped up defensively and taken a lot of tough assignments. Hard to complain with what he’s done when healthy…hard to complain with anyone’s individual output on the team tbh…

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Beal's probably just happy to be playing in games that matter this late in the year. But there does seem to be a real authenticity to him. Not that Book or KD are fake, Beal just seems less filtered.

I think Book is just down on the state of things with the team after having so much fun the past 4 seasons where everything clicked. He knows what a successful team looks and feels like and this one ain't it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:56 pm
I don’t think saying Beal is our favorite player means we think he is our best player. His personality is just refreshing and he’s the one who has changed his game the most to try and make this work…now I get that he was 3rd in line and should’ve been the guy to sacrifice, but it would have been easy for him not to. He’s honest, he calls out the team when they don’t play well, none of this 36 unbothered or chillin stuff.

That’s not to say I think KD and Book are wrong for how they approach the game, but we desperately need an emotional leader and Beal seems to be stepping up.

Also I wouldn’t say Beal hasn’t been all that great. He’s shooting over 41% from 3…18/5/4 on .601 TS%. He’s been very good and he’s stepped up defensively and taken a lot of tough assignments. Hard to complain with what he’s done when healthy…hard to complain with anyone’s individual output on the team tbh…
He's the one thing I'm looking forward to NEXT year, I really think he's gonna take off. If they don't trade him.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:08 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:54 am
I didn’t realize you had a 2018. That’s awesome.

Complete restoration on mine. Had to remove the rear quarter panels and roof skin to due to excessive rust from the vinyl top. Just finished redoing the suspension with new lowered leaf springs in the rear and tubular control arms in the front with new coils. Installed disc brakes all the way around, so the suspension and brakes are done. Going to rebuild the original 327 with a new aluminum top end kit. Have to finish the body work and get it painted, then install a complete interior. It’s coming along.
Wow, that's amazing. Would love to see pictures and video once you're all done. And before pictures too for that matter.

I always wanted a muscle car and finally got one at the end of 2017 since my kids were off on their own at that point. I love driving it so much. Best car I've ever owned by a country mile. It's amazing that I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in it. :D I was also very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the car. I haven't had ANY issues with it in my almost 7 years of ownership. And the thing corners fantastically which I didn't expect. I did get the 2SS with magnetic ride control.

I would drive a newer one too, but a 120 mile round trip commute isn’t conducive to having a car with a 400+ hp V8.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:13 pm
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:

Complete restoration on mine. Had to remove the rear quarter panels and roof skin to due to excessive rust from the vinyl top. Just finished redoing the suspension with new lowered leaf springs in the rear and tubular control arms in the front with new coils. Installed disc brakes all the way around, so the suspension and brakes are done. Going to rebuild the original 327 with a new aluminum top end kit. Have to finish the body work and get it painted, then install a complete interior. It’s coming along.
Wow, that's amazing. Would love to see pictures and video once you're all done. And before pictures too for that matter.

I always wanted a muscle car and finally got one at the end of 2017 since my kids were off on their own at that point. I love driving it so much. Best car I've ever owned by a country mile. It's amazing that I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in it. :D I was also very pleasantly surprised by the quality of the car. I haven't had ANY issues with it in my almost 7 years of ownership. And the thing corners fantastically which I didn't expect. I did get the 2SS with magnetic ride control.

I would drive a newer one too, but a 120 mile round trip commute isn’t conducive to have a car with a 400+ hp V8.
Freeway commute with big hp isn't so bad.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

TOO wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:02 pm
SunsRIt wrote:
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:

I would drive a newer one too, but a 120 mile round trip commute isn’t conducive to have a car with a 400+ hp V8.
I drive a hybrid that gets 50+ mpg. Makes me drive more like a sane person too.

TOO

Post by TOO »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:04 pm
TOO wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
Superbone wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:

I drive a hybrid that gets 50+ mpg. Makes me drive more like a sane person too.
Ha, I drive a beefed up Silverado that definitely doesn't get 50mpg

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
I would drive a newer one too, but a 120 mile round trip commute isn’t conducive to having a car with a 400+ hp V8.
I did that for 14 years (110 miles). I don't envy you.
"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
SunsRIt wrote:
True. It goes into a 4 cylinder mode when your just cruising the freeway. The gas milage was pretty surprising especially the way I drive it. I didn't get it until I had cut my commute in half though.
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

My commute is about 5-6 miles round trip

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good thread with videos about how the Suns got back in this game.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:06 pm
My commute is about 5-6 miles round trip
My commute now is 0 miles. I win! :D
"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

There was some question on whether it was a foul…this looks like Beal got ball

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:47 pm
There was some question on whether it was a foul…this looks like Beal got ball
► Show Spoiler
But that's not what the Sacramento broadcasters told me.
"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My only question is why hasn't Beal played with the same aggression more often?

He's had plenty of opportunities in the past two months when Booker and KD were on the bench.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I really hate how much of a negative influence KD has been on a Booker. I don’t know the Booker I’ve been watching this season. He really has lost his edge.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:37 pm
I really hate how much of a negative influence KD has been on a Booker. I don’t know the Booker I’ve been watching this season. He really has lost his edge.
Yeah, the whole unbothered thing really bothers me.
"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:50 pm
iLLmatic wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:37 pm
Yeah, the whole unbothered thing really bothers me.
100%

Polar opposite to what we influence CP3 had. I absolutely hate it and I hate Book for it. The "chillin" comment after a complete collapse in a huge game is just the epitome of the problem