Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (48-33) @ Wolves (56-25), Sun 4/14/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
pickle

Re: Game Day (Early Start!): Suns (48-33) @ Wolves (56-25), Sun 4/14/24

Post by pickle »

I haven't been posting on the basketball side of this board in a long while since this team really messes with my mental health, but I'm glad the regular season is over and things worked out really well. A few observations after watching this game, a lot of it probably repeating what's already been said, but I'll give myself a pass since I haven't posted about actual basketball in a long time.

1. I've been super frustrated with the way we seem to always end up going one on one with at least three guys watching. When Beal is the release valve he's then more hesitant. With him as the engine, it feels like Booker and Durant are better difficult-shot makers and this is the right order of things. I hope this latest approach is *the* approach going forward.

2. Allen came up huge in the fourth. What's the status with his (lack of) extension? It might have been discussed somewhere else already but I have a lot of threads to catch up to.

3. Towns is coming back from injury so maybe he gets a pass? But in this game he was still a bit of a clown who lets his emotions get the best of him.

4. Rebounding is still an issue, especially when Nurk is in foul trouble, but I really liked how the smaller guys really pitched in to help on the boards, exemplified by that one defensive rebound that Beal came all the way back from the three point line to secure early in the fourth.

5. The Wolves announcers are such fucking idiots. "Bradley Beal has a questionable handle" "There was no contact on that" "Booker really sold that contact to the mouth". Asshats.

6. Have I mentioned that I liked this version of Bradley Beal?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I usually like the Wolves broadcast team, but they were super whiny in this one.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:30 am
I usually like the Wolves broadcast team, but they were super whiny in this one.
I don't know how that's possible that you could ever like them. I really wanted to punch them in the throats yesterday. ONE time the main play by play guy called the color commentator on his bullshit after he said, "the ball don't lie." He followed that up with, "It sometimes lies. He did get hit in the face."
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 8:24 am
Shabazz wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 1:30 am
I don't know how that's possible that you could ever like them. I really wanted to punch them in the throats yesterday. ONE time the main play by play guy called the color commentator on his bullshit after he said, "the ball don't lie." He followed that up with, "It sometimes lies. He did get hit in the face."
The facts of being hit in the face doesn't mean anything when you are paid to be biased.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Paid to be biased or just biased? EJ does a good job of complimenting good play by either team. Certainly he is biased but, you can broadcast games and call them without being a total homer on everything. I think EJ does a good job of keeping it balanced.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

To us he seems to call it how it is, but you talk to fans of other teams and they have different feelings on the subject when it comes to the Suns.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bill Simmons overshot there, but, I still worry that the #1 way we could lose this upcoming series would be for Ant to go nuclear and score 35 ppg on us, which could totally happen. It ain't over till it's over.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Can’t get beat by an Ant. Just step on him.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:24 am
Can’t get beat by an Ant. Just step on him.
We could use an Ant trap defense.