Season In Review: Rating

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

How Do You Rate The Season

A
No votes
B
19%
C
48%
D
22%
F
11%

Total votes: 27

AmareIsGod

Season In Review: Rating

Post by AmareIsGod »

Feel free to provide context around your vote as well as plus or minus.

Ex: B+. Frustrating and inconsistent. Ended on a high note with the best playoff path forward. 4D Chess. Bradley Beal's muscle game alone gets an A+ overall. It was a B+ coming back from injury but he spent some serious time getting his muscles full and hard. It showed the final game of the regular season.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

pickle

Re: Season In Review: Rating

Post by pickle »

Sorry, I went C. This team keeps toying with my emotions. The result is as good as could be, and I'd say I don't care about the record as much, but I'm very frustrated with how the end result is less than the sum of the parts it would seem. I don't see a consistently executed plan that makes the game easier for supporting players, and this may be no fault of anybody's in particular but pretty much none of the guys we signed in the off season on a minimum really outperformed expectations.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I have to go with C as well. They were the epitome of the student who was bright enough to earn an A but only put in enough effort to pass the class.

Far too many instances of brain dead or lazy basketball from a group with way too much collective experience and talent to let that stuff continuously pop up.

Every good stretch was closely followed by an inexplicable shit show for one reason or another. Maybe all that stuff will fade in the playoffs, but they certainly haven't built much belief equity.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

F+ that shit was awful.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:01 pm
F+ that shit was awful.
I'm surprised you went with the +!
"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:27 pm
TOO wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:01 pm
F+ that shit was awful.
I'm surprised you went with the +!
Made the playoffs.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

3TheHardaway

Post by 3TheHardaway »

Was looking like a D-F most of the year, but the last 5 quarters show that they crammed before the finals. Got a solid B-/C+.

Split T

Post by Split T »

C-/D+ for the regular season. It was pretty bad most of the time. Finished on a high note, but I’m not going to forget the rest of the season…let’s see how the playoffs go.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:44 pm
C-/D+ for the regular season. It was pretty bad most of the time. Finished on a high note, but I’m not going to forget the rest of the season…let’s see how the playoffs go.
What will it take for you to forget the rest of the season? And careful how you answer. You may end up with a horse head in your bed.
"Be Legendary."

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Its either a B or C-/D+...if the next few games are duplications of today, then maybe bloody late...but they put it together...then B...if the intermittent flake outs return, its a C-/D+...depends on the first series.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

D+ for below average as it didn't meet up to expectations and the entertainment value was not great. Super frustrating season, but it could all turn around if they pull out a big playoffs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Superbone wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:53 pm
Split T wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:44 pm
What will it take for you to forget the rest of the season? And careful how you answer. You may end up with a horse head in your bed.
They make it to round 2 and at least put up a fight against Denver and I’ll have some level of optimism for this team next year. They lose to Minny or get boat raced by Denver and I’ll stick with my C-

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

B+. Frustrating and inconsistent. Ended on a high note with the best playoff path forward. 4D Chess. Bradley Beal's muscle game alone gets an A+ overall. It was a B+ coming back from injury but he spent some serious time getting his muscles full and hard. It showed the final game of the regular season. ;) ;)

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Solid C. Frustrating to watch sometimes, but still ended up winning 49 games and making the playoffs. 49 wins is even with Milwaukee and is good enough for 3rd in the East. It seems like they have put it together in the last week, Beal is hungry and vocal about it and they will be very dangerous in the playoffs.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I and every other Suns fan wanted them to go undefeated in the regular season. They were supposed to be super dominant and nobody could guard them. A+ That didn’t happen. The injury bug hit. New team, new players, new coaching staff. It took awhile to figure out a pecking order. The 3 stars trying to figure out how to play together. Turnovers. Defense struggled. The A+ went to a C- for most people.

The real season just started. They ended the season strong, healthy and in the playoffs without having to go through a play in and are playing against their ideal matchup. I give a A because we are right where we want to be.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:15 pm
I and every other Suns fan wanted them to go undefeated in the regular season. They were supposed to be super dominant and nobody could guard them. A+ That didn’t happen. The injury bug hit. New team, new players, new coaching staff. It took awhile to figure out a pecking order. The 3 stars trying to figure out how to play together. Turnovers. Defense struggled. The A+ went to a C- for most people.

The real season just started. They ended the season strong, healthy and in the playoffs without having to go through a play in and are playing against their ideal matchup. I give a A because we are right where we want to be.
In the end, Nodack, it's just entertainment.🥹

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

C- for me. This team should be at least an A-, but it's not better than the sum of its parts.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Nodack wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:15 pm

I admire you for being so positive 'Dack. Myself, I don't mind the record so much and as far as being optimistic goes, am thankful that we ended up where we are, got the match up with the Wolves, and at least have a chance to "peak at the right time."

But as far as the season goes, it's hard to fuel that optimism with our on court play. Many years ago the Bulls had the "Three Alphas" which everybody kind of panned, but personality-wise it made some sense, as each one of Wade Butler and Rondo could lead either vocally or with their hustle on the floor. Our trio is more of a "Three Betas" setup with their personalities. Book has some fire in him but he doesn't really direct traffic and get the others to fall into line. I'm hoping that the last few games of Beal is a sign that we are shaking up the hierarchy a bit and that he can really take the reins of that lead guard role.

I have other thoughts, but seeing as how this is a brand new start, I'll try to be less negative...

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Incomplete, C- for regular season alone but does it prepare them for the playoffs?

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Solid C for the season.
Jury is out and waiting for more evidence for the post season.
We all expected more from the big 3 inspite of expecting injuries.
As others have said, the whole is not bigger than the sum of its parts right now and has stuttered to 49 wins.
We have some great players who should get us to 49 wins.

What we don’t have, on too many occasions, is a great team and that is why it’s a C from me.
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.