2024 Suns General Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Carno

Re: 2024 Suns General Offseason News

Post by Carno »

If I'm being frank, they should keep Frank. We don't know the dynamic behind the scenes. Frankly, Frank may have been doing a great job, but everyone else sucked.

Seems unpopular around, but I still think running it back with minor tweaks is the best option of the limited crappy options available. Don't sell continuity short.

TOO

Post by TOO »

If there is a we tried it your way now we do it my way thing Frank has then maybe it works, but I don't believe unbothered will do anything they don't want to.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 7:13 am
Keeping Vogel and replacing his assistants is the definition of insanity. Vogel PICKED those assistants; those are his guys. If you take away all of a coach's staff from him, why would you expect him to do better? There aren't a lot of examples of head coaches being forced to take assistants and having it work out great.
Except for at the very top with the highest paid lead assistant in the league. Kind of ruins your argument.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Carno wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 am
If I'm being frank, they should keep Frank. We don't know the dynamic behind the scenes. Frankly, Frank may have been doing a great job, but everyone else sucked.

Seems unpopular around, but I still think running it back with minor tweaks is the best option of the limited crappy options available. Don't sell continuity short.
I don't think it's going to ruin us to start the next season with Vogel. Now, if we don't get off to a strong start, let him go! I'd give him about 20 games to get it together. Frankly speaking, that is.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:39 am
If there is a we tried it your way now we do it my way thing Frank has then maybe it works, but I don't believe unbothered will do anything they don't want to.
I can't wait until the Suns explode on the scene next year and Frank belts out, "I Did It My Way!" Otherwise, he's out of here and singing "Fly Me To The Moon."

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am
Mori Chu wrote:
Keeping Vogel and replacing his assistants is the definition of insanity. Vogel PICKED those assistants; those are his guys. If you take away all of a coach's staff from him, why would you expect him to do better? There aren't a lot of examples of head coaches being forced to take assistants and having it work out great.
Except for at the very top with the highest paid lead assistant in the league. Kind of ruins your argument.
I mean, Kevin Young was so ignored and marginalized that he left before one year was even over, and gave interviews talking about how the team didn't listen to him or implement his offense, and how he was looking forward to actually having some authority at BYU next year. So I don't think Young ruined Vogel's coaching effort this year. I think Vogel (and the players) just mostly pushed him to the side, which is what you do when you get an assistant forced on you from management who you don't see eye-to-eye with.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:27 am
Superbone wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am
Mori Chu wrote:
I mean, Kevin Young was so ignored and marginalized that he left before one year was even over, and gave interviews talking about how the team didn't listen to him or implement his offense, and how he was looking forward to actually having some authority at BYU next year. So I don't think Young ruined Vogel's coaching effort this year. I think Vogel (and the players) just mostly pushed him to the side, which is what you do when you get an assistant forced on you from management who you don't see eye-to-eye with.
That's a lot of imagination on your part. We have no idea what was going on behind closed doors.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

The longer this goes on, the more likely I think they are actually gonna keep Frank. So dumb. Yeah, giving him a whole new staff is really going to be the difference.

Frank’s staff, the staff HE HANDPICKED, was the reason why his coaching sucked. That makes feel better. What the fuck.

Phil Handy and some other random fucks chosen for him is going to turn things around. Great.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not going to lose sleep over giving Frank another shot with a better balanced roster, but if they're just going to run back a 9-man rotation of 5 Shooting Guards, 1 Center, KD, and 2 guys who get benched in the playoffs then it won't matter who's coaching the team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Mon May 06, 2024 11:43 pm
It's kind of weird how we never really heard anything about the rather large coaching staff throughout the season.
I get having a large staff when you're developing a lot of talent, but that isn't the Suns. Why does a veteran, top-heavy team need a gigantic coaching staff? And why did this team look unprepared so frequently?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 10:18 am
Carno wrote:
Tue May 07, 2024 9:22 am

I don't think it's going to ruin us to start the next season with Vogel. Now, if we don't get off to a strong start, let him go! I'd give him about 20 games to get it together. Frankly speaking, that is.
Well let's see who gets added to his staff, because right now, there isn't a legit option on that staff that I would want to take over midseason.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

And I feel that we can legitimately take that for data.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

My nightmare scenario is, we keep Vogel, then we suck again next year, then we fire Vogel midseason, then Fizdale becomes our coach for the rest of the year.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The team isn't going anywhere if they fire a head coach mid-season anyway.

If they're going to fire a head coach because the team is at a dead end, I think it's always better to do it during the season.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

"Have you heard anything I've said?"
"You said it's all circling the drain, the whole TEAM.
Right?"
"That's right."
"Had to end sometime."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

If they keep Frank, I am canceling my League Pass. I barely watched this year anyway.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

I still love how we’re not blaming the guy running the show but everyone he brought in. Hope you guys are ready for another season of sucking…. Also, you think the big 3 are playing more together next year? Pfft, fat chance. It will be less than 25 games and predict one of them out for an extended time… like 3-4 months. Probably booker. This is literally the definition of insanity.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I honestly think we're waiting to see if Lue becomes available.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 1:13 am
I still love how we’re not blaming the guy running the show but everyone he brought in. Hope you guys are ready for another season of sucking…. Also, you think the big 3 are playing more together next year? Pfft, fat chance. It will be less than 25 games and predict one of them out for an extended time… like 3-4 months. Probably booker. This is literally the definition of insanity.
Sounds like you have it all figured out. :P

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2024 8:18 am
I honestly think we're waiting to see if Lue becomes available.
And in Lue of?

"Be Legendary."