Game Day - Playoff Edition - Game 2: Suns (0-1) @ Wolves (1-0), Tues 4/23/24

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Game Day - Playoff Edition - Game 2: Suns (0-1) @ Wolves (1-0), Tues 4/23/24

Post by Wally_West »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:55 pm
https://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27ldghwu

NY sends a couple first round picks to Sac Town

Suns get
Sabonis
Barnes

Kings get
Randle
Hart

Knicks get
Durant

No.

specialsauce

Re: Game Day - Playoff Edition - Game 2: Suns (0-1) @ Wolves (1-0), Tues 4/23/24

Post by specialsauce »

Suns have got to get off KDs contract for some assets before it's too late. Zion is my preference if NO is frustrated and wants to try something different and go Ingram/Murphy/KD for length

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I think big 3 will stay together for at least one more year. If next year is close to this year, we’ll probably trade him to OKC few of their 264 first rounders they have over the next 10 years so he can finish out his career there.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:56 pm
Let's go get Budenholzer as our next coach.
I would rather play random than play the way we've been, whatever you call this. And then, when we win the championship under Mike, Frank Vogel can come into our locker room and be like:

"I did this"

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
I think big 3 will stay together for at least one more year. If next year is close to this year, we’ll probably trade him to OKC few of their 264 first rounders they have over the next 10 years so he can finish out his career there.
I don't think that's too far from the truth to be fair.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:07 pm
Suns have got to get off KDs contract for some assets before it's too late. Zion is my preference if NO is frustrated and wants to try something different and go Ingram/Murphy/KD for length
Zion? Why would we want another 'star' who only turns up when he feels like it and is more injury prone than Brad Beal? Pass.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Postgame Quotes and Videos
Spoiler: show/hide

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Can't say more than what's been said. They are who we thought they were. No vibes, joyless, gutless, careless. It's ugly basketball, there's never been a flow even when our Big 3 has been healthy. Feels like everyone's going through the motions.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:11 pm
OKC doesn't have the contracts necessary

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:07 pm
Zion? Why would we want another 'star' who only turns up when he feels like it and is more injury prone than Brad Beal? Pass.
Because we need a shred of physicality. And say what you want about him, he's only 23 years old and he is immensely talented. Durant has maybe a year left. I would rather take a chance on Zion.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:48 pm
AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:50 pm
So this is a funny / cringey pair of videos of Eubanks botching post moves. But I do think the tweet misses the point. You don't sign a minimum salary backup center and then expect him to carry your offense with his crazy post moves. That isn't what Eubanks is good at. He's quite good at setting screens and rolling to the basket and finishing with a dunk; he did this 2-3 times tonight, often with KD. He isn't a man blessed with a wide array of graceful post moves, but we're paying him like $20 a game and he's our backup center. If he had great post moves, he wouldn't have been available for a minimum deal this offseason.

The bigger point is, your team's offense shouldn't be so shitty that you end up desperately throwing it into the post to Drew freaking Eubanks with a few seconds left on the shot clock, hoping for him to bail you out with a post move. That's on the rest of the team to run a good offense and get a better shot than that.
EXACTLY

Why are the Suns sending the ball right to Minnesota's best defenders? Even if it was Nurk out there, they should run plays that take Gobert and McDaniels at least a step away from the play, not driving by McDaniels to pass shoot over Gobert in the post. Jokic and Embiid are the only players in the league who I would want challenging Gobert directly.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 pm
What a dumb play by Booker
Has a player ever lost favor so quickly? Something is seriously wrong with him.

I had an intense packing day but DirecTV did me a favor as I close the door on a long history with them. The game didn't record for whatever reason. When I turned on the TV and discovered it wasn't recording, I put on the game and it was the last three minutes of the third quarter. Apparently the Suns had actually been ahead but the Wolves were on a big run to retake the lead. Anyway, I got to watch as the Wolves lead continue to grow.

Somewhere in the 4th quarter Booker pissed me off SO bad. The clock was running down so what does he do? Pass it to a covered Eubanks in the lane. What the F happened to the aggressive Booker that made tough shots. It was the stupidest decision imaginable with the shot clock running out. SHOOT THE DAMN BALL YOU FRICKIN' IDIOT!!!

Okay, deep breaths, it's moving day. I'll be in Arizona soon. I'll be watching Game 3 in Phoenix. I don't know what to expect but I sure wouldn't be surprised to see us go down 0-3. This team has lost their heart. Specifically Booker. It appears that Durant is a bad influence. You can't blame coaching for what we're seeing on the court unless they are being forced to play one-on-one basketball which I can't imagine is what Vogel draws up every play. Timberwolves are playing team basketball. We are not. That's the difference.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:43 pm
Booker has just lost his dribble uncontested 3 times now, what’s his deal?
That's the million dollar question. He's gone from hero to goat in a single season and not the good kind.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 pm
I have loved hoops for 40 years and there is just something about this Suns team that makes it where I don't want to watch. It's such an ugly style of basketball. Probably just a me thing
Uh, no.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:14 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:47 pm
I have loved hoops for 40 years and there is just something about this Suns team that makes it where I don't want to watch. It's such an ugly style of basketball. Probably just a me thing
No I’m 100% with you….

And Allen going out…. Knew we should have brought back the “one more game” for his ankle.
Once again, came back one game too soon.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Furlanfufi wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:54 pm
Brazilian commentators calling "poor" our movement without the ball.
Good thing our excellent passing makes up for it.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I don’t want Zion for KD, nor do I think we could get him, but what about Ingram? KD for Ingram and Dyson Daniels would be interesting to me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TOO wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:00 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:59 pm
Vogel couldn’t coach himself out of a wet paper bag.
But he won a title, how is this possible?
Two words: LeBron, Davis.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:03 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:50 pm
It's time to trade Booker.
Well, Beal isn't going anywhere unless he wants to, so our options are limited. We have two players what we could get multiple players for. Nurkic, O'Neale and Allen who won't bring back a lot and a bunch of minimum salaries.

The next two home games will really tell us how much quit there is in this team.
Yes they will. And I'm not betting on them. They have disappointed us way too many times this season.

"Be Legendary."

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Superbone wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:02 am
Split T wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:28 pm
What a dumb play by Booker
Has a player ever lost favor so quickly? Something is seriously wrong with him.

I had an intense packing day but DirecTV did me a favor as I close the door on a long history with them. The game didn't record for whatever reason. When I turned on the TV and discovered it wasn't recording, I put on the game and it was the last three minutes of the third quarter. Apparently the Suns had actually been ahead but the Wolves were on a big run to retake the lead. Anyway, I got to watch as the Wolves lead continue to grow.

Somewhere in the 4th quarter Booker pissed me off SO bad. The clock was running down so what does he do? Pass it to a covered Eubanks in the lane. What the F happened to the aggressive Booker that made tough shots. It was the stupidest decision imaginable with the shot clock running out. SHOOT THE DAMN BALL YOU FRICKIN' IDIOT!!!

Okay, deep breaths, it's moving day. I'll be in Arizona soon. I'll be watching Game 3 in Phoenix. I don't know what to expect but I sure wouldn't be surprised to see us go down 0-3. This team has lost their heart. Specifically Booker. It appears that Durant is a bad influence. You can't blame coaching for what we're seeing on the court unless they are being forced to play one-on-one basketball which I can't imagine is what Vogel draws up every play. Timberwolves are playing team basketball. We are not. That's the difference.
I hated the Durant trade for crippling the franchise for a decade. I am starting to detest Durant for what he has done to Booker. And I am finding myself not moving heaven and earth to watch playoff games.

This is so sad.