Around the League: September

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Around the League: September

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:The Cavs scare me.
Why?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

EPIC.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:[ Image ]

EPIC.
Will that team be good enough for us to get their pick? The also have Rubio, Pek, and Bazz to go with those four youngsters.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I wouldn't count on it. I think they'll be a .500 team.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

INFORMER wrote:I wouldn't count on it. I think they'll be a .500 team.
In 3 years maybe. That team wins 28 games, at most.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

In2ition wrote:
Why?
Because they have an championship caliber team right now, but also a ton of flexibility and assets. And unlike the "big 3s" of the last few years, they're young and have young upside players around them.

Also, I'm in the "Kevin Love is underrated" camp.

If things break right with them they could be really, really good for a very long time.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Why?
Because they have an championship caliber team right now, but also a ton of flexibility and assets. And unlike the "big 3s" of the last few years, they're young and have young upside players around them.

Also, I'm in the "Kevin Love is underrated" camp.

If things break right with them they could be really, really good for a very long time.
I agree with this.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Xylus wrote:
I have a feeling that this team is going to surprise a lot of teams. They also have Dieng and GRIII, so they can run out a very athletic team with a pg that can pass creatively. I don't know if Flip is going to run with this team, but they really should. I realize that they are very young, but they have enough vets in Young, Rubio, Pek, Martin, Brewer and I think that Bazz and Bennett will have big improvements.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote: EPIC.
It's interesting that Rubio isn't in there at all.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote: EPIC.
It's interesting that Rubio isn't in there at all.
It's all the new guys.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

In2ition wrote:
Xylus wrote:
I have a feeling that this team is going to surprise a lot of teams. They also have Dieng and GRIII, so they can run out a very athletic team with a pg that can pass creatively. I don't know if Flip is going to run with this team, but they really should. I realize that they are very young, but they have enough vets in Young, Rubio, Pek, Martin, Brewer and I think that Bazz and Bennett will have big improvements.
There's too many young players and zero star power. When your best player is Thad Young, you're going to struggle to get to 30 wins. They might be surprisingly competitive, but they won't sniff .500.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Xylus wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Xylus wrote:
There's too many young players and zero star power. When your best player is Thad Young, you're going to struggle to get to 30 wins. They might be surprisingly competitive, but they won't sniff .500.
Funny, that's what they said about us last year. ;)
"Be Legendary."

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Superbone wrote:
Xylus wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Xylus wrote:
Funny, that's what they said about us last year. ;)
That's not what I said, though ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha! Cuban and Morey going at it:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... From-Cuban
Mark Cuban has made a series of comments about Daryl Morey and the Houston Rockets over the past few months, which has finally elicited a response.

Cuban has derided Dwight Howard's decision to sign with the Rockets, while also signing away Gersson Rosas as GM only to have him step down and return to Houston months later. The Mavericks also signed Chandler Parsons to a max contract.

"I think [Cuban's] pissed that we went after Dirk [Nowitzki] in free agency, however unsuccessful it was," Morey told Yahoo Sports.

"We've been pretty good, and I think he's doing a smart thing to take on a rival," Morey told Yahoo Sports late Sunday. "He should want to beat up on San Antonio, too, but it's hard to paint the Spurs that way. So he's directed his bully pulpit onto us. Our owner stays above the fray, so I'm outgunned honestly.

"But let's be clear: If the money's equal between the Rockets and Mavericks, I think players are picking Houston. Every time. For Dwight [Howard], I just don't think it was a hard choice between us and Dallas. If you want to win, you're going to want to join our organization. We have a first-team All-NBA player in his prime [James Harden]. They have an enormously talented superstar [Dirk Nowitzki] but he obviously isn't 24 years old.

"The choice was pretty obvious between the two teams. Dwight is the smart guy in this."
"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Xylus wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Xylus wrote:
They said that same thing about the '04-'05 Suns too. I just have a feeling that they will surprise people, even though they lost one of the best players in the NBA this summer.

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

These examples are exceptions, not patterns.

We should know about 20 games into the season how good the Wolves will be, though.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

INFORMER wrote:[ Image ]

EPIC.
Not impressed. You realize they used photoshop for the muscles... ;)

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Xylus wrote:These examples are exceptions, not patterns.

We should know about 20 games into the season how good the Wolves will be, though.
You're right, and I totally admit that I very well may be entirely wrong about how they will be. I have a bunch of TBD and incomplete predictions right now, so it's par for the course at the moment.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think the Wolves will not win a lot of games and will definitely not make the playoffs, but they have a bright future. It's probably the best thing for them to be bad for a while to rebuild and reduce expectations / pressure on their young guys while getting good draft picks.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Mori Chu wrote:I think the Wolves will not win a lot of games and will definitely not make the playoffs, but they have a bright future. It's probably the best thing for them to be bad for a while to rebuild and reduce expectations / pressure on their young guys while getting good draft picks.
You're probably right and that would go along with what almost every pundit is saying. They might think that they have enough young guys and would rather be in the playoffs at this point. Dieng, Shabazz, Bennett, Wiggins, GRIII, and LaVine. That's a lot of athletes as rookies or second year players, not usually the recipe for success.