Get-to-know-you thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Get-to-know-you thread

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:Wait a second, if it's Mexico vs. USA and it's in Arizona, how is it a home game for Mexico? Have they revoked the Treaty of Hidalgo?
wait, are you the real cap/capologist/sherky of phxsuns.net?

it's a home game for MX because mexican fans will likely outnumber the gringos again in the stadium by 8 to 2. it's like watching a suns game in AWA when the lakers come to town.
Irredentism is all the rage these days.
yeah, texas, arizona (will take a while), california might go crimea or sudetenland at any moment once the demographic tipping point has been reached.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Glad to see we have a new home! I could only take so much of the RealGM folks...
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:Wait a second, if it's Mexico vs. USA and it's in Arizona, how is it a home game for Mexico? Have they revoked the Treaty of Hidalgo? Irredentism is all the rage these days.
Cap, I keep waiting for the Enterprise to whoosh through your avatar but it never comes.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Glad to see we have a new home! I could only take so much of the RealGM folks...
UOd! I like the username makeover. Clever.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:Wait a second, if it's Mexico vs. USA and it's in Arizona, how is it a home game for Mexico? Have they revoked the Treaty of Hidalgo? Irredentism is all the rage these days.
Cap, I keep waiting for the Enterprise to whoosh through your avatar but it never comes.
I originated my starfield avatar for a Star Trek board. This one, of course, is customized with Suns colors.
Superbone wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:Glad to see we have a new home! I could only take so much of the RealGM folks...
UOd! I like the username makeover. Clever.
FF is UO?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

It's a good guess by SB, or maybe he knows something we don't.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good to have ya here, Fowl!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
FF is UO?
UOducks4life. Check out his signature.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

iLLmatic wrote:It's a good guess by SB, or maybe he knows something we don't.
Maybe I'm the only one that reads signatures. :)

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Thanks for the warm welcomes, folks. I've missed (almost) everyone's hoops knowledge since the last site went down.

Shout out to AIG for sending me the new URL.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Or that... :oops:

England Sun

Post by England Sun »

Here is my little effort for your perusal.

* Where are you from / where do you live now?
Derby England. Born in Colchester England as my dad was in the Army but moved to Derby as an 18 month old and still here.

* What do you do for a living, or what occupies your days?
I run my own Sign Language Interpreting Business so work, family and church occupy me these days.

* What are your most passionate interests and hobbies outside of following the Suns?
'Most passionate' is an interesting term:-) Spending time with my family is my greatest pleasure and if I can do that with a fire in the back garden while whittling wood with them even better.
I'm into bushcraft and survival and help out with some shows here in the UK. Cody Lundin attended one the other week that my friends organised. I'm a huge Derby County football (soccer) fan and have a season ticket there and this year my oldest daughter and son will have their first as well.
Love playing basketball and football and am also a personal protection instructor.
Get little time for Xbox these days but have always been a gamer.

* When/how did you become a Suns fan?
1993 The year after we were in the finals. NBA was being shown over here for the first time and I watched loads of teams before falling in love with Kj, Barkley, the Dans, etc. Never looked back.

* Were you on the old phxsuns.net? Were you on the even older AZ Central site? Do/did you visit any other Suns or NBA boards?
Posted briefly on the old AZ central site. Hated the trolling, what a waste of human life time. Was one of the original rebels to found .net although with a young family and work was unable to post as much as I would like, and being 7 or so hours in front, or even further behind, most of the conversations are done in my absence so don't usually have much to add that someone else has not already said. Joined this site today as I do not go on other forums and was getting my daily Suns info from 'newsnow'.
Hopefully will be posting more over here for the foreseeable.

* Do you know any other users here in real life? Ever met them in person?
Sadly no, and although I don't drink, would love to meet up and spend some time with you. We are planning to visit America again in 2016, will be in Utah with my sister for some of it but also visiting friends in Dallas and San Francisco and hopefully making a trip to Arizona to watch the Suns play.

* What other sports teams are you a fan of, besides the Suns?
Derby County or the Rams is their nick name.

ES
What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Mori Chu wrote:* Where are you from / where do you live now?
[*]I live in Mesa, in the Projects off University and Lindsey
  • Mori Chu wrote:* What do you do for a living, or what occupies your days?
    * I am a writer and emcee and yogi or martial artist, I speak or find truth for justice
    Mori Chu wrote: What are your most passionate interests and hobbies outside of following the Suns?
    * Comic Books, Music, Raising my kids, teaching truth to those who will listen, playing basketball
    Mori Chu wrote:* When/how did you become a Suns fan?
    *My folks moved here in 1988. @ 3 one of the first things my dad took us to do was to a Phoenix suns game at the veterans memorial coliseum. Its a bit funny, I look at how its treated now and its just like how the vets get treated. Party "for" them on A couple of days out of the year ( in the case of the veterans memorial coliseum, It might get more celebration then vets in the army). From that Momement I fell in love with the suns. I was 3 years old but I can remember being high up in the stands, WAY up where I thought I was gonna fall on the court if I stood up (yeah still glad they built the purple palace, I probably would of fell to the flippin court if I did stand). People EVERY where :lol:
    I dont remember who they were playing, and that bothers me, but I still got some photos from the game.

Mori Chu wrote:* Were you on the old phxsuns.net? Were you on the even older AZ Central site? Do/did you visit any other Suns or NBA boards?
    *Well see, thats a difficult question to anwser, you might call me a stalker. But NO, i didnt check out the AZ central sight much
    Mori Chu wrote:* Do you know any other users here in real life? Ever met them in person?
    * naw, nope but maybe if i get a oppertuity, Ill dress up like the Black Captain Marv-el, but they got my cape on sale. Its up on ebay and mary marvel stole my pants so I might need a new uniform
    Mori Chu wrote:* What other sports teams are you a fan of, besides the Suns?
    * The Mercury and I like the Cardinals ( havent been to the new stadium yet), so I like the Rattlers a bit more. I like going to D-backs games but I dont like to watch them on tv
[/quote]
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Good to hear more about you, Marv-el. Welcome to the site.

Captain Marv-el

Post by Captain Marv-el »

Thanks Mori :ugeek:
$HAϟAM

Hiphop Family Treeϟ Roots

Zeratul

Post by Zeratul »

* Where are you from / where do you live now?
I live in the south of France but most my family is from the US.

*What do you do for a living, or what occupies your days?
Used to be a translator, currently working at a youth center. When not working I mostly take care of my family and play my guitar.

* What are your most passionate interests and hobbies outside of following the Suns?
Nice thing with my current job is I get to try just about all the cool stuff. Sports, video games, live action role playing games, scuba diving... you name it! I also enjoy good music and sci-fi books.

* When/how did you become a Suns fan?
Became a fan in the early 90's as I was visiting my phoenician cousins. I decided I'd be a Suns fan for life after the 1993 finals.

* Were you on the old phxsuns.net? Were you on the even older AZ Central site? Do/did you visit any other Suns or NBA boards?
No, been too busy to post these last few years. Should be easier now.

* Do you know any other users here in real life? Ever met them in person?
nah

* What other sports teams are you a fan of, besides the Suns?
I follow a lot of sports but the only team I really root for is the Suns.