Game Day: Suns @ Jazz, Wed 2/26/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day: Suns @ Jazz, Wed 2/26/14

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Man I hope Utah is ready to give up on Enes Kanter.
I was thinking about the parallels between Kanter and Len while watching the game. Iirc, Kanter was the 3rd pick in his draft? Yet you don't see people talking about him being a bust and he's come along very slowly. He's still only 21 so very young, but in his first full year starting he's only putting up 12 & 6. He's got a long way to go. I think you can expect a similar path with Len.
Actually, I was thinking the exact opposite. If you remember, Kanter went about 18 months without playing a single basketball game. So he came into the NBA with far less experience than Alex Len.

Even with those circumstances, he showed a lot more in his rookie season than Len has. He didn't look lost. He looked comfortable in the post.

And he hasn't been starting this entire year. He started out starting, but the Jazz struggle with both he and Favors are on the floor together. He's been coming off the bench ever since Marvin Williams returned from injury. Look at what he did while Favors was injured. He returned to the starting lineup and had games of 18/10, 25/10, and 25/7. You point to him averaging 12 & 6, but you fail to mention that is 25 mpg. It's not like he's getting 36 minutes a night.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

And just to be clear: I'm not trying to fuel the "Alex Len is a bust" fire. I think it's way too early to make that claim. But I think Kanter was a better prospect coming into the 2011 draft, and I think he was a better rookie than Len has been, despite coming into the league with less experience.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Len has a lot more potential on D. Kanter is a train wreck there.

I do still like Kanter, though. He just needs to be paired with a good defender (errr, such as Favors).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Man I hope Utah is ready to give up on Enes Kanter.
I was thinking about the parallels between Kanter and Len while watching the game. Iirc, Kanter was the 3rd pick in his draft? Yet you don't see people talking about him being a bust and he's come along very slowly. He's still only 21 so very young, but in his first full year starting he's only putting up 12 & 6. He's got a long way to go. I think you can expect a similar path with Len.
Actually, I was thinking the exact opposite. If you remember, Kanter went about 18 months without playing a single basketball game. So he came into the NBA with far less experience than Alex Len.

Even with those circumstances, he showed a lot more in his rookie season than Len has. He didn't look lost. He looked comfortable in the post.

And he hasn't been starting this entire year. He started out starting, but the Jazz struggle with both he and Favors are on the floor together. He's been coming off the bench ever since Marvin Williams returned from injury. Look at what he did while Favors was injured. He returned to the starting lineup and had games of 18/10, 25/10, and 25/7. You point to him averaging 12 & 6, but you fail to mention that is 25 mpg. It's not like he's getting 36 minutes a night.
That's an interesting new Enes wrinkle...

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

You're going to milk that cow for all that it has, aren't you?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:You're going to milk that cow for all that it has, aren't you?
You're right. That was a little cocky of me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
INFORMER wrote:You're going to milk that cow for all that it has, aren't you?
You're right. That was a little cocky of me.
Somebody already said that INF had Enes envy but I think that was on that other site.
"Be Legendary."