Game Day (Exhibition): Nuggets @ Suns, Fri 10/10/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Game Day (Exhibition): Nuggets @ Suns, Fri 10/10/14

Post by Indy »

His phone is posted on Whois. Not sure if it's home or work. Or real.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote:Yep. Less than 30 days now. Someone should call Sose and tell him to take off any auto renew he might have on it.
Sose hasn't responded to anyone's request for anything in nearly a year.
But he saw fit to grace us with this post on July 22 this year :
Why have we not traded for Love yet?
.....to which I responded :
How's about why the hell haven't any of us heard from you one way or the other about the damn site since last November?
I mean, if life's gotten busy or somesuch, ok - but at least leave word in the form of an update or something of the like as opposed to being a bitch and just bailing. In addition, there's been scores of us who've contributed to keeping that site going over the years - dude owes us an explaination.

Sose is a decent guy in person - have no idea why he'd go out like this, but it's a bitch move however you look at it.

Cap

Post by Cap »

What's the trick to snagging an expiring domain name before the cybersquatters do? I assume they have sophisticated tools for submitting a registration within a millisecond of the name becoming available.

Indy

Post by Indy »

SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:
Indy wrote:Yep. Less than 30 days now. Someone should call Sose and tell him to take off any auto renew he might have on it.
How's about why the hell haven't any of us heard from you one way or the other about the damn site since last November?
I mean, if life's gotten busy or somesuch, ok - but at least leave word in the form of an update or something of the like as opposed to being a bitch and just bailing. In addition, there's been scores of us who've contributed to keeping that site going over the years - dude owes us an explaination.

Sose is a decent guy in person - have no idea why he'd go out like this, but it's a bitch move however you look at it.
Uncalled for Swing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
carey wrote:

Uncalled for Swing.
What exactly is uncalled for on my end, Indy?

What's uncalled for here is Sose bailing without a single word - his little post above on Facebook (the only one besides some twitter re-tweet) was the only one since November. Not one word on the site status.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey

Post by carey »

I can't say I'm in disagreement. People did donate money. Whether or not he had a responsibility to those people to keep the site up and running is open for debate. On a personal level, ignoring people's request for information is just kind of a douchey thing to do if not understandable if the guys is just super busy. Once it reached the 6 month mark though it started getting a little ridiculous in my book.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I was disappointed the way it ended and it was a major bummer that we couldn't communicate during our magical rebirth season last year. And yeah, I wish Sose had communicated with us just a little to let us know what was going on. But we had many years (how many? more than 10? I'm not good at keeping track of stuff like that) of community thanks to Sose. So, let's not bag on the guy and let's move forward and be thankful Mori/Marty was able to reunite us.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Does anyone know him personally? Is he still living, in prison, fighting in a war or what?

carey

Post by carey »

JCSunsfan wrote:Does anyone know him personally? Is he still living, in prison, fighting in a war or what?
He got married....
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:I was disappointed the way it ended and it was a major bummer that we couldn't communicate during our magical rebirth season last year. And yeah, I wish Sose had communicated with us just a little to let us know what was going on. But we had many years (how many? more than 10? I'm not good at keeping track of stuff like that) of community thanks to Sose. So, let's not bag on the guy and let's move forward and be thankful Mori/Marty was able to reunite us.
Exactly. We had 13 years there. And what money was donated went to buying servers and parts. I donated many times and don't feel slighted in the least. Calling him a bitch or a douche or anything else is uncalled for, in my opinion.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

carey wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Does anyone know him personally? Is he still living, in prison, fighting in a war or what?
He got married....
Dead then.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

I wouldn't say I know him personally, but I've met him several times at .net gatherings (2001 scrimmage, Dan Majerle's last game in April, 2002, 2002 draft, couple of road game gatherings at Cooperstown right behind the arena in 2003, 2006 scrimmage, couple of Drunken Amateur Report gatherings in 2007 & 2008) - last I'd heard (he friended me on Facebook a few weeks after the site went down, then unfriended me in, I think, April or thereabouts for whatever reason), he'd gotten re-married. Don't know what's happened with him since (obviously), but he never gave me an explaination about the site during that period, either.

'Bone, Indy, nobody's bagging on Sose - just bagging on his actions and/or lack thereof. It was a bitch move to bail without any word, leaving God knows how many folks in utter limbo. And Indy, just because you don't feel slighted doesn't mean others don't. Like I stated above, if life's gotten hectic or whatnot, understandable - but why not leave an update on the site status one way or the other?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
He got married....
So, in other words, all three of the above! :lol:

"Be Legendary."

EDC

Post by EDC »

So many fans that use to check that site for information are gone and likely never to return. The community was left to die and honestly most of it did.

He didn't owe us anything but it says a lot when he wasn't willing to put in 15 minutes into a message so others could set up a site and a few more minutes to redirect to that new site. I don't think anyone would have even blinked if it had taken 3 months to even get that far.

It has almost been a year...

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SwingMan wrote:Like I stated above, if life's gotten hectic or whatnot, understandable - but why not leave an update on the site status one way or the other?
Yeah, he could have at least done that. He left a lot of us hanging. Moving on...

"Be Legendary."

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
carey wrote:
He got married....
So, in other words, all three of the above! :lol:
LOL good stuff SB

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Cap wrote:What's the trick to snagging an expiring domain name before the cybersquatters do? I assume they have sophisticated tools for submitting a registration within a millisecond of the name becoming available.
Find out where the domain is registered at and see if they offer some sort of auction service. Most registrars will auction a domain off before they release it to the public.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Mori Chu wrote:10 page Game Day thread for a meaningless preseason exhibition? I love you guys. It's so awesome to see so many posts and users actively using the site. When I made it earlier this year, I just hoped that we could get a few of the old gang back to talking Suns. I didn't imagine that it'd become so lively here and get so many people back together. It really makes me happy to see all of you guys here. *sniff*

GO SUNS
Thanks for bringing the community back again Mori.