Game Day (Exhibition): Nuggets @ Suns, Fri 10/10/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: Game Day (Exhibition): Nuggets @ Suns, Fri 10/10/14

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:I was disappointed the way it ended and it was a major bummer that we couldn't communicate during our magical rebirth season last year.
I'm with you there. Thankfully I found a majority of the posters who migrated to RealGM for that time.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

The domain is registered with GoDaddy, so they should put the domain up for auction first at https://auctions.godaddy.com before releasing it to the general public. I think it cost 4.99 a year to buy a membership on the auction site which isn't bad.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:Does anyone know him personally? Is he still living, in prison, fighting in a war or what?
He got married....
Oh, in such cases the answer is

"All of the above" ;)

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

If you want to be technically accurate, he got remarried. Sose put a good deal of time on the original board; I think he just got tired of it all.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

SDC

Post by SDC »

If you want to be technically accurate, he got remarried. Sose put a good deal of time on the original board; I think he just got tired of it all.
and last year seemed like a good time to do it. #tanking #worstintheleague #philly76ers

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

LazarusLong wrote:If you want to be technically accurate, he got remarried. Sose put a good deal of time on the original board; I think he just got tired of it all.
Hey, it happens. When the fun things become a chore you have to decide if you want to keep going or not.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:If you want to be technically accurate, he got remarried. Sose put a good deal of time on the original board; I think he just got tired of it all.
Hey, it happens. When the fun things become a chore you have to decide if you want to keep going or not.
Exactly. And he didn't post very often for quite some time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep, I got the impression that he was more of a Cardinals fan than a Suns fan.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I hope Hornacek gives the Morris Twins another start so we can see that starting lineup against an actual NBA team. I suspect though that starting Marcus might be better for Marcus than it is for the team. I think it could lead to better individual numbers for Marcus but that the team may not actually play as well as a unit.

I'd also like to see Tolliver and Warren get a look together as the starting forwards. I hope we avoid using Warren's rookie status as an excuse to exclude him from the rotation.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

I agree that Warren needs court time. He's a plug-and-play type guy who doesn't need five minutes of playing time to get it in gear and start contributing.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I think both Warren and Green are going to be too good that they can't be ignored.

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Kinda like Archie Goodwin.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Kinda like Archie Goodwin.
I hope so. Kid still needs to develop a decent jump shot.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
The Bobster wrote:
Yep, I got the impression that he was more of a Cardinals fan than a Suns fan.
I never got that feeling. Just got the impression he didn't spend a lot of time on message boards anymore.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Superbone wrote:I think both Warren and Green are going to be too good that they can't be ignored.
I think Warren makes Green expendable.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

As a scorer, maybe, but Warren can't make threes or the kind of tough shots that Green hit last season. In my opinion it is IT3 the one who has a bigger impact on Green.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Ring_Wanted wrote:As a scorer, maybe, but Warren can't make threes or the kind of tough shots that Green hit last season. In my opinion it is IT3 the one who has a bigger impact on Green.
I only somewhat disagree. I think IT3 helps make GG expendable. But I think Warren's the one who will push Gerald out the door by earning his minutes. TJ *does* hit tough shots, and he's very quickly started to show that he can hit 3's. He's not Gerald - IMO, he may already be the better player.

For me, the question is, what would a Gerald trade look like? We have young guards who can't get playing time, four fringe-starter small forwards, and a starting center who hasn't proved up to par. So you can combine Gerald with all sorts of assets. But Gerald's only on a one-year deal. If we traded him alone, could we get more than a second-rounder for him? Could a Miles/Gerald/Ennis combo net us a starting center who can help us contend while we await the arrival of Alex "I was drafted ahead of Adams, Dieng and Gobert" Len?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Since draft day I am wondering what you can get for Green and Ennis.

Green alone, I think the right trade nets you a low-ish 1stR, because the receiving team would have Early Bird rights and that allows a new contract starting at ~$6M, while still retaining the MLE and smaller crap.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Since draft day I am wondering what you can get for Green and Ennis.

Green alone, I think the right trade nets you a low-ish 1stR, because the receiving team would have Early Bird rights and that allows a new contract starting at ~$6M, while still retaining the MLE and smaller crap.
Mid as well throw Archie into the mix too.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

iLLmatic wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:Since draft day I am wondering what you can get for Green and Ennis.

Mid as well throw Archie into the mix too.
No way. Archie has real potential. I want to develop him.

Ennis is different. He is supposedly a more tangible product, but a pretty redundant one at this time for us, and above all he is still brand new. The positive angle I see, if you can call it that way, is that he could be stashed in the DLeague on a exclusively owned team.