Phxsuns.net is dead, long live phx-suns.net!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SwingMan

Re: Phxsuns.net is dead, long live phx-suns.net!

Post by SwingMan »

Mori Chu wrote:
SwingMan wrote:As I stated above, as long as Andy isn't made a mod, everything's cool.
Indy wrote:What if he was Swing? Then what?
SwingMan wrote:Then things will not be cool & hell will be raised - simple.
If anyone is ever made a mod but abuses the mod powers, then the other mods and I will discuss it, and if we feel it's gone too far, we'll remove that mod. We have already done this in the past. But I think anything anybody did at the old site is water under the bridge. New site, new management, new rules. We'll try to keep everybody accountable.

Andy S is more than welcome here. Just like SwingMan and everybody else. If anybody causes problems, we deal with it and we move on.

I just want a low-drama, friendly, happy Suns fan site. If people are being abusive or being jerks, I'll talk to them or put a stop to it or whatever needs to be done.
I sure hope so, Mori - just don't make him a mod to begin with.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Nodack wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Nodack wrote:I see some things never change.
Care to elaborate?
Didn't mean to start anything. Was just excited to see everybody and remembered I had an old email of Andy S and thought I would let him know about the new place. I soon learned he was already here with a different name and that you are still really mad at him Swingman.

The some things never change comment just means somebody is always fighting with somebody over trivial stuff around here no matter who is hosting it.

I was so excited to find this place and see all the old names posting again. Brought back a lot of Suns history. When it comes to Suns, most of us are great friends.

Let me just say this. My favorite part of phxsuns.net after awhile under sose became the political folder. I became addicted to fighting the political wars that went on there. Unfortunately the political folder claimed a few members I believe. Dan H and I used to battle there all the time. I think he got pissed off or frustrated or whatever and quit the site over something and I always felt partly responsible for that. The whole Swingman/Andy S thing started in the politics folder and bled into everywhere else. Sose banned the politics folder and I was pretty upset. I had stopped posting in the Suns sections and then the politics section was banned. I pretty much stopped posting for a long time after that.

Don't get me wrong, I still follow politics, but I think it tries to divide us into two groups. Our group and the other evil crazy group. I glanced at some of the threads here and saw some political arguments going on and saw Dan H and thought, just like old times. Then I thought about how horrible these political arguments always go in the end. I thought about how cool it is when we all just talk basketball and don't know or care what the other guy you are talking to's political party is.

I was so tempted to join the discussion there, but I know it's poison to this site. I wouldn't suggest banning politics, but in today's world people get really worked up by it and it spills into basketball causing flame wars. I was mad that sose banned politics, but he may have been right.
Nah, it wasn't you.

I had a full-time job, a baby, and went back to college. If I was on the computer I needed to be writing papers and not goofing off. Put it this way - I still haven't beaten Half-Life 2. That's how little 'fun' computer time I've had the past 5-6 years, heh.

The only person that ever really got on my nerves was Ladmo (and Cubby, of course, when he was in psycho mode).

I glanced at some of the threads here and saw some political arguments going on and saw Dan H and thought, just like old times. Then I thought about how horrible these political arguments always go in the end.

Didn't think there were really any arguments in there? Unless you count debating on whether or not The Strain sucks and if Farmer Rick was good or bad. :lol:

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I think you missed most of the fun by a couple weeks, Dan....

YGR

Post by YGR »

Thanks v9, it’s very kind of you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan wrote:Didn't think there were really any arguments in there? Unless you count debating on whether or not The Strain sucks and if Farmer Rick was good or bad.
Same here Dan. Just because we disagree and argue doesn't mean anything is acrimonious.

pickle

Post by pickle »

if ladmo were here, i'd ask him about the jimmer!

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

SwingMan wrote:
Nodack wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Care to elaborate?
Didn't mean to start anything. Was just excited to see everybody and remembered I had an old email of Andy S and thought I would let him know about the new place. I soon learned he was already here with a different name and that you are still really mad at him Swingman.

The some things never change comment just means somebody is always fighting with somebody over trivial stuff around here no matter who is hosting it.

I was so excited to find this place and see all the old names posting again. Brought back a lot of Suns history. When it comes to Suns, most of us are great friends.

Let me just say this. My favorite part of phxsuns.net after awhile under sose became the political folder. I became addicted to fighting the political wars that went on there. Unfortunately the political folder claimed a few members I believe. Dan H and I used to battle there all the time. I think he got pissed off or frustrated or whatever and quit the site over something and I always felt partly responsible for that. The whole Swingman/Andy S thing started in the politics folder and bled into everywhere else. Sose banned the politics folder and I was pretty upset. I had stopped posting in the Suns sections and then the politics section was banned. I pretty much stopped posting for a long time after that.

Don't get me wrong, I still follow politics, but I think it tries to divide us into two groups. Our group and the other evil crazy group. I glanced at some of the threads here and saw some political arguments going on and saw Dan H and thought, just like old times. Then I thought about how horrible these political arguments always go in the end. I thought about how cool it is when we all just talk basketball and don't know or care what the other guy you are talking to's political party is.

I was so tempted to join the discussion there, but I know it's poison to this site. I wouldn't suggest banning politics, but in today's world people get really worked up by it and it spills into basketball causing flame wars. I was mad that sose banned politics, but he may have been right.
Yep - and you piled right on with the hate towards me because of it, never mind that it was Andy who brought it to a head with his actions and the fact that I never had a single beef with you.

Hell, even Ladmo - of ALL people - questioned Andy's censorship acts towards me. :lol:

EDIT : And do you know HOW it bled into everywhere else? Because he deleted my posts OUTSIDE of that damn folder as well, again, regardless of content - it got to the point where he deleted every post he saw of mine.
I piled on with the hate towards you? When have I ever piled on hate towards anybody in the history of Phxsuns.net? I don't think I have ever called a single person here a name ever. I don't remember all the details at this point anymore, but I do remember you going completely ballistic. Whatever Andy did you probably deserved. You can try to make him out to be an evil troll, but I spent many years reading his posts and he has always been one of my favorite even tempered posters here. If he has a flaw it's that he always says what's on his mind and doesn't back down. I don't care that he deleted some of your posts. They were probably laced with colorful metaphors and insults that nobody would miss anyway.

I came here to have fun and talk B-Ball with my old Suns buddy's and this is the opposite of fun Swingman. I posted one comment about being happy to be back with my friends and thought I could find one more guy missing and you right away came in and rained on the parade. I am not going to start hating Andy S or Ghost just because you think I should. Andy or Ghost has earned my respect a long time ago and that isn't going to change no matter what you say about him now. If you can't let this go then you have the problem, not anybody else. Just put me on ignore and I will do the same and we should be fine.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Nodack wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Nodack wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
Care to elaborate?

Yep - and you piled right on with the hate towards me because of it, never mind that it was Andy who brought it to a head with his actions and the fact that I never had a single beef with you.

Hell, even Ladmo - of ALL people - questioned Andy's censorship acts towards me. :lol:

EDIT : And do you know HOW it bled into everywhere else? Because he deleted my posts OUTSIDE of that damn folder as well, again, regardless of content - it got to the point where he deleted every post he saw of mine.
I piled on with the hate towards you? When have I ever piled on hate towards anybody in the history of Phxsuns.net? I don't think I have ever called a single person here a name ever. I don't remember all the details at this point anymore, but I do remember you going completely ballistic. Whatever Andy did you probably deserved. You can try to make him out to be an evil troll, but I spent many years reading his posts and he has always been one of my favorite even tempered posters here. If he has a flaw it's that he always says what's on his mind and doesn't back down. I don't care that he deleted some of your posts. They were probably laced with colorful metaphors and insults that nobody would miss anyway.

I came here to have fun and talk B-Ball with my old Suns buddy's and this is the opposite of fun Swingman. I posted one comment about being happy to be back with my friends and thought I could find one more guy missing and you right away came in and rained on the parade. I am not going to start hating Andy S or Ghost just because you think I should. Andy or Ghost has earned my respect a long time ago and that isn't going to change no matter what you say about him now. If you can't let this go then you have the problem, not anybody else. Just put me on ignore and I will do the same and we should be fine.
Just don't lie, is all.

What part of "deleted my posts regardless of content" did you ignore?

If you'd have put your fucking pride aside, you'd have discovered this board months ago.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Nodack wrote:If he has a flaw it's that he always says what's on his mind and doesn't back down.
.....and yet you hate on me for the same reason - double standard much? :lol:

I believe we now know where the real (political) problem lies in this scenario. ;)

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Funny, I just said the same thing about Swing the other day. Speaks his mind, right to the point and doesn't back down. Two stubborn people in conflict are never going to end well. Its nobodies place to decide what is worthy of being posted or what someone else may or may not miss. There is nothing wrong with colorful metaphors, and in those situations things MUST be applied equally to ALL or NO ONE... or resentment is inevitable.

*edit* i started writing this like half hour ago but got distracted. this was in before Swing's post, or so i thought....

Indy

Phxsuns.net is dead, long live phx-suns.net!

Post by Indy »

Phoenix219 wrote:Funny, I just said the same thing about Swing the other day. Speaks his mind, right to the point and doesn't back down. Two stubborn people in conflict are never going to end well. Its nobodies place to decide what is worthy of being posted or what someone else may or may not miss. There is nothing wrong with colorful metaphors, and in those situations things MUST be applied equally to ALL or NO ONE... or resentment is inevitable.

*edit* i started writing this like half hour ago but got distracted. this was in before Swing's post, or so i thought....
Yeah, that's what mods do.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:Funny, I just said the same thing about Swing the other day. Speaks his mind, right to the point and doesn't back down. Two stubborn people in conflict are never going to end well. Its nobodies place to decide what is worthy of being posted or what someone else may or may not miss. There is nothing wrong with colorful metaphors, and in those situations things MUST be applied equally to ALL or NO ONE... or resentment is inevitable.

Yeah, that's what mods do.
But it's not a mod's job to use his/her powers to carry out personal vendettas - that's what busted Andy, period.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think we all have a slightly different recollection of what happened Swing. Either way, like Mori said, that's water under the bridge.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hey, I have a radical idea. How about we let the old bullshit from the other site go?

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

I think we all have a slightly different recollection of what happened Swing. Either way, like Mori said, that's water under the bridge.
If so, they must be colored by the effects of what little time has passed. ;)
Mori Chu wrote:Hey, I have a radical idea. How about we let the old bullshit from the other site go?
If *everyone* else is game, so am I.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I created this thread to celebrate phxsuns.net/phx-suns.net and then we get to read this.

<sigh>

Let's please all move forward and appreciate the second chance.
"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Superbone wrote:I created this thread to celebrate phxsuns.net/phx-suns.net and then we get to read this.

<sigh>

Well 'Bone, you're a moderator - you can always delete this thread and start a new one.

I'm sure Andy - or "Ghost" - would approve. ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SwingMan wrote:
Superbone wrote:I created this thread to celebrate phxsuns.net/phx-suns.net and then we get to read this.

<sigh>

Well 'Bone, you're a moderator - you can always delete this thread and start a new one.

Dude - just stop.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

<sigh>

Yeah, there is a lot of old dirt to be told, but truth is that most of us do not care to recall it and do not want to bring it over to this new site. It is a public and free place, we can decide wich poster to salute, wich poster to interact with and wich one to ignore since post 1.

Please let's keep a bright note on this thread, and take to the general forum the dirt.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Shabazz wrote:
SwingMan wrote:

<sigh>

Dude - just stop.
That was the last one, I promise.

But seriously - if you feel this thread has devolved or what I have to say doesn't matter, I'd say delete this thread and create a fresh one.