Game Day (Exhibition): Spurs @ Suns, Thurs 10/16/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Game Day (Exhibition): Spurs @ Suns, Thurs 10/16/14

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote: I'm kind of surprised the Spurs owner didn't get involved actually.
Now that would have been uncalled for.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote: I'm kind of surprised the Spurs owner didn't get involved actually.
only classless people would respond to that (provocation, stunt, baiting... if you like) in that manner, and pop is one.

sarver never mentioned any spurs names, but it still hit the intended target (pop).

right out of Rule #6 of the Alinsky rules: “A good tactic is one you enjoy doing.”
Last edited by SDC on Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
Maybe. If it were a player talking about an owner the way Pop did, something would have been said. I guarantee you. It's only that Pop enjoys the status that he does that he's not being taken to task for it.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

carey wrote:http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnatio ... at-sarver/
“We had five guys we didn’t send. Patty Mills had a shoulder operation over the summer. Tiago Splitter (calf) has been out the whole preseason. Kawhi Leonard (eye infection) was out and is still out for 10 more days. The other two, Duncan and Ginobili, are two of the oldest guys in the league who just came back from a 13-day European trip.

“The only thing that surprises me is that he didn’t say it in a chicken suit. I’ll just leave it at that.”
Pop is kind of an asshole.
Maybe a bit so...but still...I had to laugh...! :D

Cap

Post by Cap »

Pop is out of line. Sarver didn't say anything about him. He mere acknowledged the fans' disappointment and offered a gift to make it up to them. If Pop is denying the fans' disappointment then he, not Sarver, is the one with his facts wrong. If he's saying it's inappropriate for the owner to acknowledge and compensate the fans' disappointment, he's being a jerk.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:Pop is out of line. Sarver didn't say anything about him. He mere acknowledged the fans' disappointment and offered a gift to make it up to them. If Pop is denying the fans' disappointment then he, not Sarver, is the one with his facts wrong. If he's saying it's inappropriate for the owner to acknowledge and compensate the fans' disappointment, he's being a jerk.
pop is a well known jerk around the league. he even made doris burke cry (@ the 30 minute mark of the zach lowe podcast). the only coach doris dreads interviewing

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-l ... ris-burke/

SDC

Post by SDC »

Cap wrote:Pop is out of line. Sarver didn't say anything about him. He mere acknowledged the fans' disappointment and offered a gift to make it up to them. If Pop is denying the fans' disappointment then he, not Sarver, is the one with his facts wrong. If he's saying it's inappropriate for the owner to acknowledge and compensate the fans' disappointment, he's being a jerk.
i dont know whose idea it was to force tony parker to come back from an injury just to play in the all star game, then go back to being injured the next day--denying a potential all star replacement selection to dragic. i sense the dark hand of popovich in that one too. cant forgive goran for game 3, eh?

Tony Parker wants to play (feb 13, 2014)
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10451 ... -star-game

Tony Parker out for 'foreseeable future' with a 'variety of maladies' (feb18, 2014)
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-bas ... f-injuries