Suns News: Week 1 10/27-11/2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Suns News: Week 1 10/27-11/2

Post by carey »

The Suns are back! Woot!

Suns Schedule.
Wednesday October 29th vs. Los Angeles Lakers 10:00PM EST
Friday October 31st vs. San Antonio Spurs 10:00PM EST
Saturday November 1st @ Utah Jazz 9:00PM EST

Suns News.
Bledsoe focused on earning respect (Carey's note: typical Boivin article.):LINK
3-point prowess sought from Suns Forwards: LINK
Phoenix Suns backcourt game remains on point: LINK
Hornacek, Suns goal is sustained success: LINK
To make playoffs Phoenix Suns will have to reduce foul rate & remain aggressive on defense: LINK
Preseason by the numbers: LINK
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Re: Suns News: Week 1 10/27-11/2

Post by INFORMER »

19. The Suns will convince someone to cough up a future first for Tyler Ennis.

Ennis, the Suns' first-round pick, is a starting-capable point guard, on a rookie contract -- qualities worth their weight in gold in a league increasingly dominated by diminutive ballhandlers. But there just aren't any minutes available for him in the next two years in Phoenix, unless the Suns inexplicably don't re-sign Goran Dragic next summer, and with Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas each freshly inked for five and four years, respectively.

Shabazz Napier has awakened from his Summer League coma, so the Heat won't be in the market. But someone's always getting hurt in this league, and a need for backcourt help will come up sooner rather than later. Maybe Toronto takes another run at the Brampton, Ontario, native?
http://www.nba.com/2014/news/features/d ... =137331366
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

BK may be a fit. Indy maybe.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Phoenix Suns basketball this week, y'all!!!

Two more days!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Predictions for the first three?

Mine:

Lakers - W
Spurs - W
@Jazz - W

Struggled with the Spurs game. I think it may be tight. Went with our energy at home versus the ramping up Spurs.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:

Ennis, the Suns' first-round pick, is a starting-capable point guard, on a rookie contract -- qualities worth their weight in gold in a league increasingly dominated by diminutive ballhandlers. But there just aren't any minutes available for him in the next two years in Phoenix, unless the Suns inexplicably don't re-sign Goran Dragic next summer, and with Eric Bledsoe and Isaiah Thomas each freshly inked for five and four years, respectively.

Shabazz Napier has awakened from his Summer League coma, so the Heat won't be in the market. But someone's always getting hurt in this league, and a need for backcourt help will come up sooner rather than later. Maybe Toronto takes another run at the Brampton, Ontario, native?
I suspect Ennis will be gone in a package deal for either Al Horford or Ryan Anderson - probably by mid-season

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Nola isn't giving up Anderson.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

INFORMER wrote:Nola isn't giving up Anderson.
How do you figure?

I know they're a tad thinner up front this year (Withey nonwithstanding), but that's also over $8 million on the bench - plus, I think they've just about had it with Rivers and his game that hasn't translated well at all.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:Phoenix Suns basketball this week, y'all!!!

Two more days!
(Whiny 3yo voice, complete with foot stamping) "Oh, but I want it NOW!"

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/526880180426375169

carey

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote:
How do you figure?
Because he's their second best player. Their G rotation is a mess, but their frontcourt isn't. Plus they love him here. Also, once Monty stops trying to put square pegs in round holes (if he ever does) you'll see a lot of small ball with AD at the C spot and Ryno at PF. Asik is a guy that you have to take off the floor at times because he's so bad offensively (thought not super terrible, just... inept in crunch time).
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

carey wrote:
SwingMan wrote:
How do you figure?
Because he's their second best player. Their G rotation is a mess, but their frontcourt isn't. Plus they love him here. Also, once Monty stops trying to put square pegs in round holes (if he ever does) you'll see a lot of small ball with AD at the C spot and Ryno at PF. Asik is a guy that you have to take off the floor at times because he's so bad offensively (thought not super terrible, just... inept in crunch time).
2nd best player? Thought that was Gordon (when he isn't injured)?

But, since we're playing "if's" here, after engineering the Bledsoe trade while only giving Dudley and a 2nd rounder up, I'd bet on McDonough over Williams finding that peg.

Anyone know how Josh McRoberts looked during pre-season? Miami's guard rotation (especially behind Wade at 2) needs alot of help.

carey

Post by carey »

No, they hate Gordon. They'd trade him if they could.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

to think that we offered gordon the max...

SDC

Post by SDC »

INFORMER wrote:

sacramento would be a good place for ennis, but i think they'd rather have dragic instead.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Jrue, when healthy, is probably their 2nd best player. Ryan is great offensively, but he's not much of a defensive presence

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

Do you need Ryno to be a defensive presence when you have Anthony Davis down low?

pickle

Post by pickle »

i think to be fair, you still need a big man inside to bang bodies. anthony davis is great but he's razor thin... he gets injured a fair bit due to lack of bulk. there're reports that he's put on 20 lbs of muscle, but if i were running the team i'd certainly like for my big man that suits up next to davis to be able to do some of the dirty work. ryan anderson is great and all but if he could rebound like a david lee it would make him that much more valuable.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

pickle wrote:i think to be fair, you still need a big man inside to bang bodies. anthony davis is great but he's razor thin...
They have Asik, a better-than decent defensive center. This frees Davis for more time at the four. They also like Alexis Ajinca, so there's some depth in the post. (Perhaps the Suns might look at Ajinca ...)
Last edited by LazarusLong on Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

New Orleans won't move Anderson because their most successful lineups require his floor spacing. He's the only pure shooter on the roster. This is the era of the stretch 4 and the Pelicans know how valuable Anderson is to them.