Phx-Suns.Net Nodack No-Trade Talk Super Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Phx-Suns.Net Nodack No-Trade Talk Super Thread

Post by Superbone »

In honor of my friend Nodack, I have created this thread to talk about your Phoenix Suns as they currently stand. That means this is a No Trade Talk zone. Any trade content will be deleted. You have been warned. 8-)

Go Suns!!!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Re: Phx-Suns.Net Nodack No-Trade Talk Super Thread

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Refreshing concept!!!

To scream about how X player must be sent out packing, counts as a trade talk?
It's not about only talk nice, but as Nodack said, sometimes people are killing players for ONE bonehead play, or one bad game.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Thanks Superbone. Nodack the trouble maker.
To scream about how X player must be sent out packing, counts as a trade talk?
Not in my book. Trade talk is when you supply another players name on another team and start talking about the likelihood of said trade being pulled off.

My point of view is that this is the card we are dealt for this year. You don't get to reshuffle. Work with what you've been dealt. Hating on a player is ok in my book as long as long as it isn't spamming trolling type stuff.

I know this is kind of a joke to everybody, but I can't be the only one that feels this way.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I know this is kind of a joke to everybody, but I can't be the only one that feels this way.
You could be!
If I say I wish we could find a way to get a true PF that can rebound and defend in the post, is that trade talk?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Well since we are here I don't mind talking Suns basketball at all. I think I miss on average about two Suns games a year for the past couple of decades or so. I just watched the end of the Mavs game. That was fun. I know it's not cool to say that out loud but, oh well.

Is it me or has something changed in the Suns between the 5-6 game losing streak and the 4 game winning streak? Wasn't that about the time Len was put in the starting lineup and also the official introduction of small ball? You know the lineup with Dragic, Bledsoe and IT in it near the end of games? Could it be that there is starting to be good things happening on the floor when all three are out there? It was Tucker and Green as the other two tonight in small ball time.

We weren't small ball all night. Len had a great game imo. He has become such a presence down there. They are starting to get him the ball in places he can score and he is staying high with the ball and with his hands on defense. Even my least favorite player Plumlee wasn't horrible tonight.

We are talking about the swiss cheese Mavs though. Whatever, the Suns got it done for their fourth in a row and are looking more balanced at times. Not all outside jump shots.

Indy

Post by Indy »

That was fun. I know it's not cool to say that out loud but, oh well.
I am confused. Why is it not cool to say it is fun to watch the Suns? Isn't that why we are all here?

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
You could be!
If I say I wish we could find a way to get a true PF that can rebound and defend in the post, is that trade talk?
Not in my book. I already spelled out my definition of trade talk. You didn't supply a name of another player on another team and you didn't discuss the likelihood of said trade taking place.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
That was fun. I know it's not cool to say that out loud but, oh well.
I am confused. Why is it not cool to say it is fun to watch the Suns? Isn't that why we are all here?
I don't know why everybody else is here. I can only speak for myself. I figured having fun watching the Suns win was a homer thing. A real fan would talk about the missed free throws and the turnovers.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think you are being very cynical. And yes, fandom includes wanting our team to play better. That means we regularly focus on what could go better.

I think you just need a hug. Wish MEE were here.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Indy wrote:
You could be!
Not in my book. I already spelled out my definition of trade talk. You didn't supply a name of another player on another team and you didn't discuss the likelihood of said trade taking place.
So if I added that I wish we had Munroe, that still wouldn't be enough. It would only be if I added that I thought we could get him with a 2nd rounder and a nice love letter from Sarver, that is crossing the line?

I'm a rules guy so I always have to know my boundaries so I can work around them.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Indy wrote:
You could be!
So if I added that I wish we had Munroe, that still wouldn't be enough. It would only be if I added that I thought we could get him with a 2nd rounder and a nice love letter from Sarver, that is crossing the line?

I'm a rules guy so I always have to know my boundaries so I can work around them.
I think you nailed it. Saying you wished you had Munroe would be pushing into the red area a little bit, but not setting off the alarms yet. You also didn't mention a Suns player you wanted to trade him for. You said a future non named 2nd rounder and a nice letter from Sarver. Once again good on all counts.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Indy wrote:I think you are being very cynical. And yes, fandom includes wanting our team to play better. That means we regularly focus on what could go better.

I think you just need a hug. Wish MEE were here.
Maybe you are right and I do wish she was here.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nodack wrote:
Indy wrote:
Nodack wrote:
Indy wrote:
You could be!

I think you nailed it. Saying you wished you had Munroe would be pushing into the red area a little bit, but not setting off the alarms yet. You also didn't mention a Suns player you wanted to trade him for. You said a future non named 2nd rounder and a nice letter from Sarver. Once again good on all counts.
Funny. You are good with talking about giving away future assets because they aren't on the team yet, but saying we wanted to trade Tolliver would send it into the full out alarm mode. :)

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Are you sure you aren't a Detective or a Psychiatrist Indy?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:Are you sure you aren't a Detective or a Psychiatrist Indy?
:lol:

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:Is it me or has something changed in the Suns between the 5-6 game losing streak and the 4 game winning streak? Wasn't that about the time Len was put in the starting lineup and also the official introduction of small ball? You know the lineup with Dragic, Bledsoe and IT in it near the end of games? Could it be that there is starting to be good things happening on the floor when all three are out there? It was Tucker and Green as the other two tonight in small ball time.
There's definitely been a change in energy. The guys were actually having fun playing together. The ball has seemed to move better too. Also, the winning streak seems to have coincided with the benching of Tolliver. I don't hate the guy but we definitely seem to play better without him. The Len insertion into the starting lineup has also been a very positive change. He's really starting to blossom before our very eyes.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:Are you sure you aren't a Detective or a Psychiatrist Indy?

Pretty sure. I would make an awful detective because I can't remember details unless they are movie quotes or Suns-related. And I can't stand talking to people, for the most part, so that rules out psychiatrist. I think I'm good where I'm at.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:Is it me or has something changed in the Suns between the 5-6 game losing streak and the 4 game winning streak? Wasn't that about the time Len was put in the starting lineup and also the official introduction of small ball? You know the lineup with Dragic, Bledsoe and IT in it near the end of games? Could it be that there is starting to be good things happening on the floor when all three are out there? It was Tucker and Green as the other two tonight in small ball time.
There's definitely been a change in energy. The guys were actually having fun playing together. The ball has seemed to move better too. Also, the winning streak seems to have coincided with the benching of Tolliver. I don't hate the guy but we definitely seem to play better without him. The Len insertion into the starting lineup has also been a very positive change. He's really starting to blossom before our very eyes.
Part of my preseason predictions was Len would be starting by December 1st. I think he absolutely earned it by then but Coach was a little stubborn.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Part of my preseason predictions was Len would be starting by December 1st. I think he absolutely earned it by then but Coach was a little stubborn.
Yeah, I agree that Hornacek has been old school when it comes to playing his rookies and a little slow to change.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I think we all were waiting for Len to be the starter at some point. The sooner the better.

Looks like Toliver is gone. I told you they wouldn't make a trade. :shock: