Game Day: Suns (20-16) @ Bucks (18-17), Tues 1/6/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Game Day: Suns (20-16) @ Bucks (18-17), Tues 1/6/15

Post by specialsauce »

INFORMER wrote:Double figure rebounds for Markieff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

da_suns_fan wrote:That alphabet player is pretty good.
The single most interesting young player in the NBA by a mile.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Xylus wrote:Love these Bucks announcers. Smart analysis, very little homerism.
Yep, one of my favorite.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Alex Len's play this season has been desperately needed breath of fresh air.
Completely agree
How about this stat line tonight:

4-7 from the field for 9 points, 8 boards, only 2 PFs, and 5 blocked shots in 24 minutes.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Gladiator wrote:
Xylus wrote:Love these Bucks announcers. Smart analysis, very little homerism.
I was just about to post something similar. I've been impressed
Yep, those guys are professionals. Very fair and balanced. They've been together for 25 years according to Ernie Johnson.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Alex Len's play this season has been desperately needed breath of fresh air.
Completely agree

4-7 from the field for 9 points, 8 boards, only 2 PFs, and 5 blocked shots in 24 minutes.
It was great, especially considering he isn't just taking 7 shots around the basket. The last couple games he is not hesitating to take the 10-15 foot jumper. And last game he took that 18 footer near the top of the key.

Once we figure out how to throw him the ball better (he isn't good with low bounce passes) I think he really could be a pick and pop guy. And with his athleticism, he might be a good pick and roll guy.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Completely agree

Its progress. He is building consistency. His rim protection is fantastic. Not only does he have those blocks, but the blocks come from straight up defense (not weak side) which means he is also altering alot of shots.

carey

Post by carey »

Watching the 4th Quarter now. Kidd went with an unusual lineup to start the 4th.

Marshall-Knight-Mayo-Dudley-Henson. Very strange. He was matching up with IT-Dragic-Green-Marcus-Markieff. Our small lineup. Though I just heard the announcers say "Bucks are playing a 3 guard lineup, they are playing a 2 guard lineup." Does anyone really consider Green a SF? He almost always plays with another SF on the floor.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

I was very surprised by Marcus' move with 9 minutes on the clock. A crossover split of two defenders for a +1 layup.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Oh, Gerald Green's 3-point streak ended at 24 straight games with at least one 3. Curry was the only one ahead of him and he was at 25. Bummer man.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:I was very surprised by Marcus' move with 9 minutes on the clock. A crossover split of two defenders for a +1 layup.
Me too.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

carey wrote:Watching the 4th Quarter now. Kidd went with an unusual lineup to start the 4th.

Does anyone really consider Green a SF? He almost always plays with another SF on the floor.
I'd prefer him on the wing, catching and shooting. When he handles the ball too much, bad things happen.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Completely agree

Its progress. He is building consistency. His rim protection is fantastic. Not only does he have those blocks, but the blocks come from straight up defense (not weak side) which means he is also altering alot of shots.
It was hilarious when I was watching the Pelican's broadcast and Joel Meyers repeatedly kept saying that Len wasn't a shot blocker. Where do these guys get this stuff?

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Completely agree

It was hilarious when I was watching the Pelican's broadcast and Joel Meyers repeatedly kept saying that Len wasn't a shot blocker. Where do these guys get this stuff?
The same place ESPN got their text for the power rankings this week.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote: It was hilarious when I was watching the Pelican's broadcast and Joel Meyers repeatedly kept saying that Len wasn't a shot blocker. Where do these guys get this stuff?
Possibly something to do with what EDC said:
EDC wrote:I think his low minutes keep him out of the talks. Too many people just looking at per game totals and not watching the games.
If you look at the blocks leaderboard, you won't find Len's name. He blocks "only" 1.4 shots per game on the season.

He's averaging 2.7 over the last ten games, which would be good for #2 on the leaderboard, so maybe we'll see him start to gain attention as the season goes on and he pulls up his season average.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote: It was hilarious when I was watching the Pelican's broadcast and Joel Meyers repeatedly kept saying that Len wasn't a shot blocker. Where do these guys get this stuff?
Possibly something to do with what EDC said:
EDC wrote:I think his low minutes keep him out of the talks. Too many people just looking at per game totals and not watching the games.
If you look at the blocks leaderboard, you won't find Len's name. He blocks "only" 1.4 shots per game on the season.

He's averaging 2.7 over the last ten games, which would be good for #2 on the leaderboard, so maybe we'll see him start to gain attention as the season goes on and he pulls up his season average.
He currently ranks 6th in blk/48. Ahead of DJordan, Hibbert, Ibaka, Duncan, Gasol, and Sanders. While I know per 48 stats can be deceiving, Len seems to perform better with more minutes as as long as he can stay out of foul trouble.