Jermaine O'Neal

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Jermaine O'Neal

Post by SDC »

former teammate of goran, keef, and pj tucker. i think they should try to recruit him.

http://redsarmy.com/2012/11/26/marcin-g ... ine-oneal/

SDC

Re: Jermaine O'Neal

Post by SDC »

the suns should do their part and make it look like they are playoff bound first around february.

but knowing mcdo, he'd wouldnt even consider it. he'd blow it again like he did last season with gasol.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I take it you're not a fan of McDonough? Seriously?!?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

SDC

Post by SDC »

he's not fired yet? signing 3 starting pgs is a good idea + drafting one more?

SDC

Post by SDC »

suns exit interview

SDC

Post by SDC »

warriors highlights

carey

Post by carey »

SDC wrote:he's not fired yet? signing 3 starting pgs is a good idea + drafting one more?
Chris Webber called it the best trio of guards in the league.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
SDC wrote:he's not fired yet? signing 3 starting pgs is a good idea + drafting one more?
lol. dont get me wrong. Isaiah Thomas is better than frye.

but the suns were a better team with frye last season than with IT this season.

SDC

Post by SDC »

carey wrote:
individually yes.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:
And he could be right if by guards he means PGs. Who else has three of them with plausible allstar level. GSW has Curry and Livingston, but Klay is a SG. The ability is there, the only issue is making it work together, and things seems to be better on that front lately.

SDC

Post by SDC »

with oneal, at least the suns will have TWO big men playing in the last 5 minutes of the fourth, :lol:

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote: And he could be right if by guards he means PGs. Who else has three of them with plausible allstar level. GSW has Curry and Livingston, but Klay is a SG. The ability is there, the only issue is making it work together, and things seems to be better on that front lately.
No, he said guards and I believe he meant that. What starting rotation and 3rd guard is better than Phoenix? Parker, Green, Ginobili? Manu has been struggling. Teague, Schroder, Korver? Better than you'd think but Schroder isn't there yet. Curry, Klay, Iggy (he's a SG?)? Maybe. Paul, Reddick, Crawford? Possibly. DeRozan, Lowry, Lou Williams? Maybe.

I'd take our 3 "PGs" against any team's 3 guards I think. All 3 can get to the basket at will. All 3 have a jumper. All 3 can de... just kidding!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think we are #3 at worst. GSW can claim to have a better bunch. I love Atlanta's guys (super fan of Korver) but overall I don't believe they are more potent than ours. Toronto could have a case, but DeRozan is struggling with efficiency this year. Parker-Green-Ginobili (plus Mills) is tough as hell and to this day I still would still favor them in any direct matchup against the Spurs, although a whole regular season is a different story.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SDC wrote:
carey wrote:
individually yes.
Exactly. Also, Chris Webber? Really?
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:
SDC wrote:
carey wrote:
individually yes.
Oh FFS, it's just a talking point man.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Jermaine O'neal is like 45. And he lives in Dallas and is a lock to sign with the Mavs. He'll wait until late in the season so that he doesn't have to play much, and then he'll sign with Dallas.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC, your call for firing McDo seems as juvenile and silly as Robot and whoever else's vitriol towards Len was.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:SDC, your call for firing McDo seems as juvenile and silly as Robot and whoever else's vitriol towards Len was.
Eh, Robot's case was that Len was never going to be healthy enough to play and that his college stats didn't warrant being a top 5 draft pick. Can't really fault him for being skeptical on both accounts. He did say that he hoped Len would prove him wrong and I'm sure that he's happy that it's happening.

Not sure what to say about SDC's McDo issues. It could be a myriad of things, but I think it ties directly into the whole Pau Gasol fascination of his. Then you add in the drafting of a PG when your plan was to have the hydra and drafting of a SF when you're fairly stacked at that position as well. Though mostly I think SDC has his pet players he'd like to see acquired and McDo just sucks because he hasn't acquired them.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

INFORMER wrote:
SDC wrote:
carey wrote:
individually yes.
Haha this made me laugh. I like the fact that he is giving the suns love, but C-Webb is sucha tool. He isn't SHAQ level bad for TNT, but he's close.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”