Is Alex Len a bust?

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Is Alex Len a bust?

Yes, he is a major bust.
No votes
Sort of; he is a disappointment, but not a total bust.
8%
Not really; he has a lot of potential.
25%
It is too soon to tell.
67%

Total votes: 24

Phoenix219

Re: Is Alex Len a bust?

Post by Phoenix219 »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Leandro broke his hand!
Read this out of context, and got scared that LB broke his own hand last night or something... lol

EDC

Post by EDC »

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

Fuck. There goes his season....... god DAMMIT.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not intentionally! This wasn't an Amare meets fire extinguisher glass type situation.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Nope, he cracked it early on in the game on a drive to hoop. He's toast for the season.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Lazarus in the house!!!
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Hiya, Boneman. This is a fun team to watch, eh?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:Hiya, Boneman. This is a fun team to watch, eh?
Never in a million years did I think we'd turn it around so fast. From the depths of despair to hope once again in the span of a year.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Who'd ever guess Dragic would do a great Paul Westphal imitation?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

LazarusLong wrote:Who'd ever guess Dragic would do a great Paul Westphal imitation?
He's a joy to watch just like my favorite player as a kid, Westy. I never imagined the kid from Slovenia would ever reach these heights. I guess Kerr and the old scouting staff knew what they were doing.
"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

All he needed was playing time. He had that great game and series against the Spurs in the playoffs, then the Suns "braintrust" reward him by bringing in a crapload of guards. Then he was traded for "bad attitude" for the whole cut foot thing. He got his chance in Houston and started to blossom. Give credit to Sarver for courting him back to Phoenix.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Does the emergence of Dragic cause anyone to re evaluate Kerr as a GM? Kerr engineered our draft day trade with the Spurs to get him. Kerr also drafted Robin Lopez, who left but is now quite a reliable starting center in Portland.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Kerr did hire Terry Porter ...

Overall, SK was a good observer of the game. I thought he didn't have the fire in his belly to take the team to the next level. But then, we wasn't worse than any other GM of that Suns era ...

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Whenever I think of Steve Kerr's tenure with us, the "I might be a moron" quote sticks out, regarding the Shaq trade.

It's funny, I know our training staff gave Shaq the last hurrah of his career. And you can even probably say that, at 36, he was the best center we ever had. Even still, can't say I'll ever remember his time with the Suns all that fondly.

Here's to you, Alex!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I don't recall him having bad hands at Maryland, so I don't know if it's going to always be a concern. To me it usually looked like he was trying make moves before he actually caught the ball.
I would say he had inconsistent hands at Maryland. Some nights, it would seem like he was catching everything, and other nights it seemed like he couldn't catch anything. That goes for passes and rebounds.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote: Honestly, I wouldn't mind if Plumlee sat a few more games so Len could get in to some sort of groove.
Agreed.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:Who'd ever guess Dragic would do a great Paul Westphal imitation?
He's a joy to watch just like my favorite player as a kid, Westy. I never imagined the kid from Slovenia would ever reach these heights. I guess Kerr and the old scouting staff knew what they were doing.
I'm sorry, but I thought that was evident from day one. No, Dragic wasn't an instant sensation, but even on draft night, acquiring him was the only thing that kept me from jumping off the building after they drafted Robin Lopez. I'm still waiting for a great draft night.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:Whenever I think of Steve Kerr's tenure with us, the "I might be a moron" quote sticks out, regarding the Shaq trade.

It's funny, I know our training staff gave Shaq the last hurrah of his career. And you can even probably say that, at 36, he was the best center we ever had. Even still, can't say I'll ever remember his time with the Suns all that fondly.
I never hated Kerr. I hated some of the moves he made, but I didn't want him to go. When he left, I really thought he was on the verge of turning the corner. Of course I hated the Shaq trade from day one, and that was the beginning of the "Legacy of Excellence," but I always felt like Kerr had a good read on the game, and what it took to build a winner. His moves just didn't always manifest his sound philosophy.

Culburn369

Post by Culburn369 »

Superbone wrote:
LazarusLong wrote:Hiya, Boneman. This is a fun team to watch, eh?
Never in a million years did I think we'd turn it around so fast. From the depths of despair to hope once again in the span of a year.
When you've rung that's when you'll have turned it around from despair. Quit being small time charlies. You went frightened & cheap instead of bringing Pau across the border and tromping on the accelerator pedal. This NBA, THIS one is ripe for anything to happen. The Clippers ain't no better than you. They just look fancier being no better than you. Who else? The Warriors? No. The Rockets? It's hands off Hack-a-Howard now, wait till Silver takes the choker chain off the dogs. OKC? Maybe....if Durant doesn't foul his shorts first, or, they insist on not setting Westbrook ahead of Durant.

Only the Spurs because they own your soul. Or, you still believe they believe they do.

But, it's too late now. You have to wait till next year. That makes you feel better doesn't it? Permits Donough & Babby to sleep like babies.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Probably my biggest grudge against Kerr is how he didn't stand in Sarver's way when he ordered moves that everybody knew were extremely harmful, but did so when it was time for 'rewards' after the 2010 run.

Still, not the only stain. Shaq was an abomination, even if you wanted to use him in a reduced role under Mike D. You don't trade for a 20M per role player, period. Then Porter.

So maybe some felt he was turning the corner after getting to the WCF, but I didn't exactly cry when he left.

In my opinion he looks better now than at the time because what came after him was awful beyond words, but I wouldn't give him more than a C.