Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Post by SDC »

the lottery teams are not going to give up their high first round picks for a rental.

only playoff teams with low (or multiple) 1st round picks will take the chance.

here are the playoff teams that may need goran's services and may be willing to give up a late first rounder.

LA Clippers
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... s-clippers

Houston
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... on-rockets

a desperate OKC? he's better than all the guards other than westbrook. could play 2 pg system here. good chance goran might stay here for less money because it is championship caliber. as long as durant's around.
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... ty-thunder

cleveland? dellavadova is the backup and jr smith is the shooting guard. a rental move for a championship push.
http://espn.go.com/nba/team/depth/_/nam ... -cavaliers

carey

Re: Possible places to trade goran before trade deadline

Post by carey »

I'd move this to the trade deadline thread but I'm on my phone. Needless thread.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SDC

Post by SDC »

dont be stupid.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

SDC wrote:dont be stupid.
Many people have recomended you the same, and you keep doing stuff like this.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

That was unnecessary.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

SDC -- I wonder if you might benefit from a few months away from the board?

EDC

Post by EDC »

I don't think there is much wrong with having a thread to speculate on possible destinations for Dragic.

As for the "dont be stupid" I'm pretty sure the same has been said to SDC at least half a dozen times in the last month. No one called for a ban then. People need to relax around here.

Do we really want to be that type of board? Where people feel they can't post a new thread and if they dare step out of line they will be banished?

As for teams that might be interested I think you hit the major players. I just can't see any of them being desperate enough to actually give us any real value for a possible rental. I just can't see McD winning any trade involving Dragic before the deadline.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think it's fine to have a thread just for discussing possible Dragic trades.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

If we can have a thread about Jermaine O'Neal then why not Dragic?

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

virtual9mm wrote:SDC -- I wonder if you might benefit from a few months away from the board?
For clarification purposes, my comment was addressed at SDC and not the forum mods. SDC has not done anything to merit being "kicked off" the board. However, given the tenacity with which SDC has rammed unpopular ideas down other peoples' throats, I wonder if it might be healthy for him to take a break. And the problem is not the ideas themselves. I don't see people talking openly about putting Inf on ignore. If you're constantly making yourself a laughingstock, perhaps it's good to reassess your motives for being on a board and the way you are attempting to communicate your thoughts.

SDC

Post by SDC »

virtual9mm wrote:SDC -- I wonder if you might benefit from a few months away from the board?
you can always "ignore" me.

i also wonder if you might benefit from disappearing for a few years like you did the last time. :lol:

SDC

Post by SDC »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Many people have recomended you the same, and you keep doing stuff like this.
really? you think this is a "needless" thread?

i think any suns player who becomes a front page item on espn deserves their own thread. and marc stein has a lot of tweets re dragic today.

SDC

Post by SDC »

mcdo obviously did not follow my advice. and it is predictable that something like this would leak to the press
if i were mcdo, i'd made it known to the other teams that all THREE PGs are on the trading block. this is done to protect the feelings of bledsoe (because this will leak to the press). once the offers start coming in, i'd turn down all trade offers for dragic and IT (unless they blow me away) and be open minded to every bledsoe offer.

Cap

Post by Cap »

virtual9mm wrote:
For clarification purposes, my comment was addressed at SDC and not the forum mods. SDC has not done anything to merit being "kicked off" the board. However, given the tenacity with which SDC has rammed unpopular ideas down other peoples' throats, I wonder if it might be healthy for him to take a break. And the problem is not the ideas themselves. I don't see people talking openly about putting Inf on ignore. If you're constantly making yourself a laughingstock, perhaps it's good to reassess your motives for being on a board and the way you are attempting to communicate your thoughts.
Eh. I'm not a big fan of SDC's posts. His takes are unconvincing and he posts like a broken record. But compared to the malicious trolls this community has endured in the past, it's nothing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SDC: I think part of the negative reaction to your thread is because of the person posting it. Your takes on the Suns have rubbed some folks here the wrong way.

I disagree with almost all of what SDC says about the Suns, especially the #McDoOUT stuff, but as long as he isn't being overtly mean or trollish about it, I think it's okay for people to express contrarian opinions about the Suns here. If somebody doesn't want to hear SDC's takes or anybody else's, that's what the Ignore feature is for. I know Ignore isn't perfect because quoted posts are still seen, but, well, it's the best we can do.

Having said that, I really appreciate the job the mods are doing to keep the site clean and functional and free of spam and trolls. Currently we don't have as many spam accounts on the site because I disabled new user registration, but the mods were doing a great job at deleting spam threads as they popped up in the past. At some point I'll try to re-secure that and turn it back on. And several mods make great contributions of content to the site, such as Superbone's Game Day threads and carey's weekly Suns News and Around the League threads complete with lots of good links. You guys are the best.

Maybe I'm just being sappy because it's Valentine's Day. *sniff* I love you guys!! P.S. I got my girl some pistachio flavored gelato for the occasion, and I think that's going to go over well, haha.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Cap wrote:
virtual9mm wrote:
Eh. I'm not a big fan of SDC's posts. His takes are unconvincing and he posts like a broken record. But compared to the malicious trolls this community has endured in the past, it's nothing.
Agreed 100%. And I will go further. SDC has been trying to be constructive, in his own way. Just wish he would cut it out with the broken record act.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Mori Chu wrote:P.S. I got my girl some pistachio flavored gelato for the occasion, and I think that's going to go over well, haha.
Go all over what well?

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:If somebody doesn't want to hear SDC's takes or anybody else's, that's what the Ignore feature is for. I know Ignore isn't perfect because quoted posts are still seen, but, well, it's the best we can do.
That's what the scroll feature is for.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I fully expect us to hold on to Dragic. But Wonder what we're asking for? Stein claims alot, I would assume that means a 1st rd pick and a player.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SDC

Post by SDC »

Mori Chu wrote:SDC: I think part of the negative reaction to your thread is because of the person posting it. Your takes on the Suns have rubbed some folks here the wrong way.
that's tough. he has a history with me in the last sose forum (mostly one sided, him trolling me). and then he's going to use his moderator powers on me here?