Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/567430311424712705

carey

Re: Suns News: Week 17 2/16-2/22

Post by carey »

You gotta at least wait until the day is over before you do my job there, Wally.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

League sources say Amar'e's committed to Dallas.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I'm just glad it's not the Spurs. That would be so wrong.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

No it wouldn't.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

ShelC wrote:League sources say Amar'e's committed to Dallas.
no wonder oneal didnt push through with his comeback plans.

carey

Post by carey »

According to the RealGM insider most of you believe is full of shit:
The discussion today is about what exactly Dragic is requesting and if we offer him a large contract (the best offer) if he will take it.

After today (maybe tonight if it leaks) but tomorrow look for a smaller trade. If the talks don't go well and he wants out and wants to be the ball handler (this is possible) we will look to move Dragic by Thursday. Per his request. We will not under any circumstance be trading Bledsoe.

McD knows with a true SG Bledsoe is the best point guard for us given his contract.

Our preference. Let me REPEAT. OUR PREFERENCE: Is to keep Dragic long term with Bledsoe. That is our priority. Everyone else is up for grabs for the right place. Even Len. Especially Green and the twins. And we are willing to overpay to get a star. Just not many stars available.

Cousins is not up on the block at the moment. We've tried.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Kings won't move Cousins now with Karl coming on. They'll want to see what those two can do together.

I do think the front office wants to keep Dragic, but not if he's unhappy playing the 2spot. I think he wants to be the primary ball handler. Question is, where does he go? Denver wants to move Lawson...a three way with Boston?

Denver gets - Dragic, Morris Bros, Thornton
Phx gets - Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass, Afflalo
Boston gets - Lawson, Plumlee, Chandler

Is that egregious? We definitely make out in the short term, tho I hate Bradley's deal. But I like the idea of Bass and Afflalo is the 2guard shooter we can put in the backcourt with Bledsoe. Both Bass and Afflalo are ending deals so if it doesn't work out, we wipe them off the books. Boston gets Lawson (who they want), a young big in Plums and an ending contract in Chandler. Denver gets Dragic and the Morri and an ending deal in Thornton.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

ShelC wrote: Denver gets - Dragic, Morris Bros, Thornton
Phx gets - Avery Bradley, Brandon Bass, Afflalo
Boston gets - Lawson, Plumlee, Chandler

Is that egregious? We definitely make out in the short term, tho I hate Bradley's deal
Wow, that's terrible. I'm not a fan of Afflalo at all. We trade arguably the two best players, and clearly end up with none of the three best players, in this deal. Every team but us gets an upgrade. Boo.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

carey wrote:According to the RealGM insider most of you believe is full of shit:
The discussion today is about what exactly Dragic is requesting and if we offer him a large contract (the best offer) if he will take it.

After today (maybe tonight if it leaks) but tomorrow look for a smaller trade. If the talks don't go well and he wants out and wants to be the ball handler (this is possible) we will look to move Dragic by Thursday. Per his request. We will not under any circumstance be trading Bledsoe.

McD knows with a true SG Bledsoe is the best point guard for us given his contract.

Our preference. Let me REPEAT. OUR PREFERENCE: Is to keep Dragic long term with Bledsoe. That is our priority. Everyone else is up for grabs for the right place. Even Len. Especially Green and the twins. And we are willing to overpay to get a star. Just not many stars available.

Cousins is not up on the block at the moment. We've tried.
Seems plausible enough. I just don't understand why we like this backcourt so much. Are we that concerned about selling tickets?

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I like to watch players develop. I think a Bledsoe/Dragic back court stifles player development. And I don't think their ceiling is that high. Pls break it up.

EDC

Post by EDC »

Bledsoe is untouchable but Len isn't? I hope that isn't true but it would be just our luck as Suns fans if it were.

Who needs defense when you can just fill the court with guards who jack up threes. I'm so tired of being a shitty defensive team.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I think if Cousins were on the market, Len would be available. But I don't think we're throwing him into any deals. Cousins, Love, Aldridge...

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I'd love LaMarcus Aldridge for this team. Actually I'd love him for any team. He's one of my favorite bigs in the NBA.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/567732883209854976

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/567733528771956736

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Figured a package of IT and Green would come up. Take the expiring deal with the long term one. Miami would jump at those guys i think, but don't have anything we'd want.

Philly keeps coming to mind but I don't love their guards. MCW is a big PG but needs the ball in his hands so he wouldn't work with Bledsoe.

Brooklyn? Portland wants a SF but no need for IT.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

ShelC wrote:Figured a package of IT and Green would come up. Take the expiring deal with the long term one. Miami would jump at those guys i think, but don't have anything we'd want.

Philly keeps coming to mind but I don't love their guards. MCW is a big PG but needs the ball in his hands so he wouldn't work with Bledsoe.

I'd take Deng and a second round pick for IT3 and PJ.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
ShelC wrote:Figured a package of IT and Green would come up. Take the expiring deal with the long term one. Miami would jump at those guys i think, but don't have anything we'd want.

I'd take Deng and a second round pick for IT3 and PJ.
That's really bad value for the Suns.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I like Deng but wouldn't trade for him under the current circumstances.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

ShelC wrote:I like Deng but wouldn't trade for him under the current circumstances.
Why not? He's an upgrade over PJ and balances out the roster nicely. And if he gets hurt, we have 6 other small forwards who can step in for him.