Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Post by Superbone »

NBA Trade Deadline: Thursday, 12:00 pm PT / 3:00 PM ET

I'm getting dizzy going from thread to thread. Here's a single place to talk about Dragic's fate. Time is running out.

...and go!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Re: Goran Dragic Trade Watch

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Thank god. Bone. I was very close to doing this 3 hours ago haha.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /23643943/

Goran Dragic breathes fire but the Suns might find a cool trade market
"To be a point guard, to run the team, to have the ball in my hands, to try to make plays for others," Dragic said. "That's who I am. That's why I'm not happy to stand in the corner. I did a lot of sacrifices for this team but unfortunately I didn't want to."

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Thank god. Bone. I was very close to doing this 3 hours ago haha.
Sorry. I've been very busy at work and finally got around to it.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Nottraxxe said Celtics pulled out after Dragic's press conference. Apparently that really turned them off. He also said George Karl tried to call the Dragic camp and Bill Duffy said don't even try under no circumstance would he sign there.

Not surprised Ainge pulled out after the presser. Probably didn't want to deal with Dragic complaining about Marcus Smart having the ball in his hands to much.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Nottraxxe said Celtics pulled out after Dragic's press conference. Apparently that really turned them off. He also said George Karl tried to call the Dragic camp and Bill Duffy said don't even try under no circumstance would he sign there.

Not surprised Ainge pulled out after the presser. Probably didn't want to deal with Dragic complaining about Marcus Smart having the ball in his hands to much.
That method only works 75% of the time. 9 months from now, they may be looking at a new player on their team :geek:

SDC

Post by SDC »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Nottraxxe said Celtics pulled out after Dragic's press conference. Apparently that really turned them off. He also said George Karl tried to call the Dragic camp and Bill Duffy said don't even try under no circumstance would he sign there.

well, ainge and mcdo are close.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Said it yesterday, I believe he ends up in LA for Hill and scraps. Maybe Clarkson gets added, but we don't need another G.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Said it yesterday, I believe he ends up in LA for Hill and scraps. Maybe Clarkson gets added, but we don't need another G.
Sucks if that's all we get for him.

TOO

Post by TOO »

iLLmatic wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Said it yesterday, I believe he ends up in LA for Hill and scraps. Maybe Clarkson gets added, but we don't need another G.
Sucks if that's all we get for him.
Yup, that'd be awful. I hope it'd be more, but my confidence in the FO is trending down.

TOO

Post by TOO »

So what happens if we don't trade him? How does this season play out?

SDC

Post by SDC »

http://www.csnne.com/blog/celtics-talk/ ... ation-suns

SACRAMENTO, Calif. – One of the oldest coaching adages goes something like this: Sometimes your greatest strength can also be your greatest weakness.
That appears to be the case with the Boston Celtics and their interest in Goran Dragic who has demanded the Suns trade him by tomorrow’s 3 p.m. (EST) deadline.

The close relationship between Boston’s president of basketball operations Danny Ainge and his counterpart with the Suns, ex-assistant Celtics GM Ryan McDonough, might actually work against them in getting a deal done.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Broussard is saying there's no way Dragic signs an extension with any team not on his wish list, meaning he won't sign with Houston, Sacramento, Indy or Boston and is focused on Miami, NY and LAL. Also saying Sarver's pissed and won't accommodate the trade request.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Hard take on Dragic:

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2015/2/19/8 ... stereotype

So, Dragic is requesting to be traded from a rather good team to one of three rather bad teams for some combination of money, spotlight and nightlife. This is the most stereotypical NBA trade demand of all time. And it's coming from Goran Dragic...By my count, Dragic's request is even more brash, especially coming just days before the deadline. Melo's simmered for months, well in advance of his free agency.

Dragic's list of acceptable destinations is a combined 45-113 this season. At least the Knicks in 2010-11 had floated to a respectable .500ish level with Amare Stoudemire as Melo pushed. At least there had been talk about adding a third star (like Chris Paul) and creating a superteam. There's none of that with Dragic. And he can't honestly believe he'll be better off playing with Nick Young and Wes Johnson than with Eric Bledsoe and Markieff Morris.

It'll be interesting to see how the media treats Dragic, especially if he lands on a preferred team. (It's highly unlikely, given the dearth of assets those teams hold.) If there was ever reason to ridicule an NBA diva for his blatant embodiment of the stereotypes of the modern NBA star, it's Dragic and it's now.

Bruiser

Post by Bruiser »

Superbone wrote:NBA Trade Deadline: Thursday, 12:00 pm PT / 3:00 PM ET

I'm getting dizzy going from thread to thread. Here's a single place to talk about Dragic's fate. Time is running out.

...and go!
Thank you!!

And WTF is going on with Goran Dragic? Who put all this BS in his head? All of this completely self-inflicted media drama seems so un-dragic-like. What the **** happened?

I don't even care anymore (at least not that much) what we will get in return for him - and I am truly sorry to say so because I always loved him and he will never lose that special place in my heart. BUT I want him to be gone now and put away from the rest of the team as fast as possible. He really seems to be totally out of control :/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Miami supposedly offering two 1sts as per Broussard.

carey

Post by carey »

Broussard is reporting that Miami is offering 2 future firsts for Goran. They won't be the best picks in the world but you can package them for stuff hopefully.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

If Goran really wanted out, he should have shut his mouth. I undermined his own agenda. Stupid.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Totally agree. He wants out and wants the Suns to bend over and take it on any deal they make. Now he's pissed off the owner. It's really odd he's been so vocal.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

carey wrote:Broussard is reporting that Miami is offering 2 future firsts for Goran. They won't be the best picks in the world but you can package them for stuff hopefully.
Best Deal I've heard of so far. Hopefully opens up playing time for the younger guards.