2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 7/8/15)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
The Bobster

Re: 2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 6/27/15)

Post by The Bobster »

Gladiator wrote:
carey wrote:I wish I had a $1 for every time McDonough trotted out the "borderline All-Star in the East" thing for Knight.
That is getting really tired, isn't it? He's nowhere near an All-Star in the West, that's for sure.
Neither is anybody else on this team. That's the real problem.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Indy

Post by Indy »

The Bobster wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
carey wrote:I wish I had a $1 for every time McDonough trotted out the "borderline All-Star in the East" thing for Knight.
That is getting really tired, isn't it? He's nowhere near an All-Star in the West, that's for sure.
Neither is anybody else on this team. That's the real problem.
Ding ding ding.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think our problems go even deeper than the fact that none of our guys is an All-Star. It's that they don't play well together, don't complement each other, don't make each other better. Each one of them is just out there doing his own thing. Markieff is taking his mid-range jumpers. Bledsoe is crashing into the lane and losing the ball. Tucker is dribbling the ball up the floor forgetting that he isn't a PG. Len occasionally catches the ball and tries out a questionable jumper. The rooks and second-year guys come in and try to show off to get more minutes.

It's much more a collection of players than a team.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea, but that also falls on the coach to get guys in line and have them stick to their roles. We also lost our identity. Were we a running team? A halfcourt team? A down and dirty defensive team?

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:I think our problems go even deeper than the fact that none of our guys is an All-Star. It's that they don't play well together, don't complement each other, don't make each other better. Each one of them is just out there doing his own thing. Markieff is taking his mid-range jumpers. Bledsoe is crashing into the lane and losing the ball. Tucker is dribbling the ball up the floor forgetting that he isn't a PG. Len occasionally catches the ball and tries out a questionable jumper. The rooks and second-year guys come in and try to show off to get more minutes.

It's much more a collection of players than a team.
Minimal changes can make big differences. The 13/14 team played together very well. Take away Frye and add IT and its a mess. Add a big that spreads the floor, limit Mook's minutes, see that Knight buys in, and you will have drastically different team.

Cap

Post by Cap »

carey wrote:2015 Phoenix Suns Salaries.
Bledsoe $13.5 Million
Tucker $5.5 Million
Len $3.81 Million
Markieff $8 Million
Marcus $5 Million
TJ Warren $2 Million
Bullock $1.25 Million
Goodwin $1.16 Million
Granger $2.1 Million (Opted IN)
Leur $1.03 Million
Booker $1.71 Million
McNeal $.85 Million (Team option currently undecided.)
Knight's Cap Hold $9 Million
Wright's Cap Hold $9.5 Million
Gerald Green's Cap Hold $6.65 Million

Important numbers.
2015 Salary without McNeal and all Cap Holds released: $45 Million
2015 Salary without McNeal, including Knight's Cap Hold, all others released: $54 Million
2015 Salary without McNeal including Knight & Wright's Cap Hold, all others released: $63.5 Million
2015 Salary without McNeal including all Cap Holds: $70.2 Million
2015 Salary including McNeal and all Cap Holds: $71 Million
Mook + Granger + Bullock = $8.35 Million

Subtracting that figure from the sums above,

2015 Salary without McNeal and all Cap Holds released: $36.65 Million
2015 Salary without McNeal, including Knight's Cap Hold, all others released: $45.65 Million

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JCSunsfan wrote: see that Knight buys in
I don't think it's a matter of him buying in; they're taking him out of the role that he thrived in and putting him in a role that isn't conducive to getting the best out of him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

carey

Re: 2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 7/8/15)

Post by carey »

Updated with minimum salary roster holds, Wright's departure, and Chandler's contract.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote: see that Knight buys in
I don't think it's a matter of him buying in; they're taking him out of the role that he thrived in and putting him in a role that isn't conducive to getting the best out of him.
It is interesting talking to Milwaukee fans. Bledsoe seems to be a combo guard but a pg/sg. Knight is also a combo guard but a sg/pg. While each can handle the ball and distribute they are different enough to mesh. At least that is what I am hoping.

Ring_Wanted

Re: 2015 Suns Salary Cap (update 7/8/15)

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Great job Carey.