OT: College hoops, Larry Nance Jr.

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Dan H

OT: College hoops, Larry Nance Jr.

Post by Dan H »

Larry's son looks like a pretty decent player from what little I got a chance to see. Has some range on his shot.

The Bobster

Re: OT: College hoops, Larry Nance Jr.

Post by The Bobster »

I don't know if he's going to be drafted, but he should play professionally somewhere.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

I'm so happy for him that he got drafted in the 1st round.

I am totally bummed that he is going to the Lakers and got caught deleting a tweet calling Kobe Bryant a rapist. That's not going to be a fun conversation. Apparently the Lakers were unaware of the tweet. I'm surprised they didn't scour his social media history before drafting him.

That said, I agree with Richard Sherman. We should stop judging athletes for what they said on social media as teenagers.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm seeing a similar thing in politics lately. Now that gay marriage is legal, people are going through old speeches and tweets and things from various politicians and saying things like, "See? Hillary didn't support gay marriage in 2004." or whomever / whenever. My attitude is, well, we should be happy when politicians evolve their opinions over time based on new data or new experiences or social change. We shouldn't hold past wrong opinions against them if they're willing to change their minds. The same goes for the various Republican candidates who are coming out against the other day's gay marriage ruling.