Morris twins charged with felony assault

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
In2ition

Re: Suns News: Week 25 4/13-4/14

Post by In2ition »

Markieff and Marcus have been charged with felony assault
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

In2ition wrote:Markieff and Marcus have been charged with felony assault
Ruh roh.

Wonder if there is any sort of clause in their contract should they be convicted.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Dan H wrote:
In2ition wrote:Markieff and Marcus have been charged with felony assault
Ruh roh.

Wonder if there is any sort of clause in their contract should they be convicted.
There has to be.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Really hope this seals their fate here. Not sure I could stomach another season of these boneheads.

Indy

Post by Indy »

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12735 ... ny-assault
The Morris twins are among five men charged in the alleged assault of a 36-year-old man at the Nina Mason Pulliam Recreation Center. Another of the men, Gerald Bowman, was a safety at USC who is preparing for this year's NFL draft. Their first court appearance is scheduled for May 7.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Can we trade them to China for Starbury?

carey

Post by carey »

Who's going to take them now? Probably stuck with them unless their contracts are voidable.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Sell em for pennies on the dollar, someone will take them. I feel like Denver would take them to unload Faried.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Being a Suns fan really sucks sometimes (lately - most of the time).

Mori Chu

Morris twins charged with felony assault

Post by Mori Chu »

Morris twins charged with felony aggravated assault for Jan. 24 incident
Phoenix Suns forwards Marcus and Markieff Morris have been charged with felony aggravated assault following an incident on Jan. 24 at a Phoenix recreation center.

The Morris twins are among five men charged in the alleged assault of a 36-year-old man at the Nina Mason Pulliam Recreation Center. Another of the men, Gerald Bowman, was a safety at USC who is preparing for this year's NFL draft. Their first court appearance is scheduled for May 7.
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12735 ... ny-assault

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:Being a Suns fan really sucks sometimes (lately - most of the time).
Yep. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. The team's quote was interesting as well:
"This is a serious matter, and we will treat it as such.
Sounds like they're giving themselves an out.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Being a Suns fan really sucks sometimes (lately - most of the time).
Yep. It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. The team's quote was interesting as well:
"This is a serious matter, and we will treat it as such.
Sounds like they're giving themselves an out.
That's a fair take. I wouldn't be surprised if the front office is getting a bit tired of their routine and weighing up if what they bring to the table is worth the other issues, even without this.

The Bobster

Re: Morris twins charged with felony assault

Post by The Bobster »

They're morons.

This is probably going to cost them a big chunk of money, or even worse, time behind bars.

If you have time to drives somewhere and find somebody and beat him up, you have time to use your brain and decide that this isn't a good idea.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Cap

Post by Cap »

Who misses Jerrod Mustaf? Anybody?

SDC

Post by SDC »

because mustaf isnt a good player to begin with?

Robot

Post by Robot »

We should try and trade them and our first round pick this year for a uncertain RFA in 2016. Here is hoping

- R

Cap

Post by Cap »

SDC wrote:because mustaf isnt a good player to begin with?
Yeah, but at least he went the distance. If we're going to populate our roster with villains from Daredevil, let's get guys who are committed to the part. Taking out a hit on a pregnant woman because you don't want the baby is about as fucked up as it gets. The Morrii are wannabes.

Dan H

Post by Dan H »

Cap wrote:Who misses Jerrod Mustaf? Anybody?
What's crazy is I remember reading that after they acquired Barkley the initial plan was to start Mustaf at 4 and Barkley at 3. The ended up going small ball with Dumas and Ceballos and the rest is history.
Cap wrote:
Yeah, but at least he went the distance. If we're going to populate our roster with villains from Daredevil, let's get guys who are committed to the part. Taking out a hit on a pregnant woman because you don't want the baby is about as fucked up as it gets. The Morrii are wannabes.
I denounce myself for LOLing.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
"It Mustaf been looooove, but it's ooooooover now...."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

They broke some dudes nose who was apparently was sending shit to their mom that was inappropriate. You gotta be smarter then that and realize whats going on but honestly if My Moms involved I'm probably going to blow my lid too. Most likely outcome is they settle this with some big payoff to the dude. The guy was apparently 36...wait.....whats Delonte West doing nowadays?

It was a very immature and stupid way to handle the matter, plus I mean....5 guys? really? Is this guy like the hulk they were attacking? Kinda a punk way to handle the matter 5 on 1
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”