THE PLAYOFF PUSH

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Big Jake Little Jake

Re: THE PLAYOFF PUSH

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

Spurs would eat us alive. It's the teams that lack the discipline to hammer it down low that we do well against. We need that 7 seed. I think we could at least win two games against OKC. Against the Spurs, I just don't like our chances to win more than 1.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I don't care if we get 7th or 8th seed. It's all about the experience. The chances of moving on are slim either way.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

This isn't meant as a rebuttal, but if you want some Sun fan goosebumps, go rewatch this clip of Dragic whipping out his dragon and breathing fire all over the Spurs in the 2010 playoffs. One of the great Suns moments of all time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLWjQ7nZTkI

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:This isn't meant as a rebuttal, but if you want some Sun fan goosebumps, go rewatch this clip of Dragic whipping out his dragon and breathing fire all over the Spurs in the 2010 playoffs. One of the great Suns moments of all time.

Yeah, I remember when watching it live it was such an incredible and mind blowing experience. It was like a waking dream.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

I totally thought that was our year...remember all the articles about 76 and '93 that were coming out then, about the exact 17 year intervals, and how we would be defeating all our greatest rivals enroute to a '76 rematch, and after the Spurs series, it felt so destined;

I don't know who I hate more - Artest, for getting lucky, or Amare, for being a pussy...

SDC

Post by SDC »

Big Jake Little Jake wrote:Spurs would eat us alive. It's the teams that lack the discipline to hammer it down low that we do well against. We need that 7 seed. I think we could at least win two games against OKC. Against the Spurs, I just don't like our chances to win more than 1.
the suns were the last team to destroy the spurs.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:This isn't meant as a rebuttal, but if you want some Sun fan goosebumps, go rewatch this clip of Dragic whipping out his dragon and breathing fire all over the Spurs in the 2010 playoffs. One of the great Suns moments of all time.

Yeah, I remember when watching it live it was such an incredible and mind blowing experience. It was like a waking dream.
i remember richard jefferson being co-MVP of that series.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Spurs up by 12 on Mavs with 4 to go
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

@paulcoro: Tony Parker (back) sits out but SA wins at DAL (48-32), putting PHX (47-31) in 7th by % points. #SunsAtMavs is Saturday. MEM (46-32) is 9th.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

SDC wrote:
Big Jake Little Jake wrote:Spurs would eat us alive. It's the teams that lack the discipline to hammer it down low that we do well against. We need that 7 seed. I think we could at least win two games against OKC. Against the Spurs, I just don't like our chances to win more than 1.

It was beautiful.
You sold me two quier giraffes

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

According to Spurfan, Coach Pop is likely to sit at least 2 of the Spurs' Big 3. Duncan and Parker most likely to sit. Manu may or may not play.

SDC

Post by SDC »

JeffreyLee wrote:
SDC wrote:

It was beautiful.
elaborate: the last time the spurs were destroyed in the playoffs was in 2010. and the last time the spurs were crushed in the 2014 regular season was from the hands of the suns.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

SDC wrote:
JeffreyLee wrote:
SDC wrote:

It was beautiful.
elaborate: the last time the spurs were destroyed in the playoffs was in 2010. and the last time the spurs were crushed in the 2014 regular season was from the hands of the suns.
2007 will never be paid in full.....

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:go rewatch this clip of Dragic whipping out his dragon
Uh, I'm a Dragic fan, but I'll pass on that one.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The way Patty Mills is playin, they wont miss parker too much.

Now Duncan on the other hand...that would be huge.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:The way Patty Mills is playin, they wont miss parker too much.
Say what?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

They are 9-2 without Parker.

He makes a difference, obviously, but They would still be favored with us if Duncan plays

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

And Denver's making it interesting in GS - up 98-97 on the home team with 13 seconds left.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

.....and now we're one game back of the 6th seed.....