NBA Playoffs: Finals

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

NBA Playoffs: Finals

Post by carey »

Tune in sometime next month to see who wins!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Re: NBA Playoffs: Finals

Post by ShelC »

Should be a good one. Warriors are the more complete team but LeBron is playing the best ball of his life. Hope Kyrie is healthy so we see the teams at full strength. Interesting matchups too.

carey

Post by carey »

ShelC wrote:Should be a good one. Warriors are the more complete team but LeBron is playing the best ball of his life. Hope Kyrie is healthy so we see the teams at full strength. Interesting matchups too.
But, but... efficiency!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

ShelC wrote:Should be a good one. Warriors are the more complete team but LeBron is playing the best ball of his life. Hope Kyrie is healthy so we see the teams at full strength. Interesting matchups too.
Love's still out, so the Cavs won't be "at full strength."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Debatable.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Warriors in 6!

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
Debatable.
I agree. I actually think they play better with Thompson starting. I think Van Gundy might have said the same thing during one of the ESPN broadcasts. I think if I were the Cavs, I'd really try and push for a decent sign and trade deal to keep Thompson the starter and maybe get a good draft pick for Love.

Indy

Post by Indy »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Indy wrote:
Cap wrote:
Debatable.
I agree. I actually think they play better with Thompson starting. I think Van Gundy might have said the same thing during one of the ESPN broadcasts. I think if I were the Cavs, I'd really try and push for a decent sign and trade deal to keep Thompson the starter and maybe get a good draft pick for Love.
I think if they end up winning a ring this year, you almost have to go that route. Love still gets his ring, so people don't lose face, but you get to bolster your roster on the cheap.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

They don't NEED Love. As long as Thompson is rebounding and finishing at the rim, he's doing his job. They weren't featuring or playing thru Love so he was being marginalized.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I haven't looked at their cap situation, but they might not even be able to keep both Love and Thompson. It would either be impossible under their cap or would put them deep into the luxury tax. If they could flip Love for some first-rounders and salary flexibility, maybe that's something they have to do.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

All I know is that INF has to be jumping up-and-down for joy the way they keep saying that Thompson's going to get paid big time this off-season. Another big win for Rich Paul and Co.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:All I know is that INF has to be jumping up-and-down for joy the way they keep saying that Thompson's going to get paid big time this off-season. Another big win for Rich Paul and Co.
And a possible big win for us.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

TT is a nice player (bonus points for being Canadian), but he's a classic case of someone playing well in the playoffs and getting a contract he doesn't deserve. He's an elite offensive rebounder, a good defensive rebounder, but he's not much of a rim protector and can't shoot outside the paint. That makes him difficult to play alongside someone like Mozgov. It worked against the shabby, tiny East. It's going to get exposed against Golden State.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea TT isn't anything special but he may not have to be next to LeBron. He can be a 14-9 guy and that's all they'll need. The issue is going to be when he has to guard Bogut or Ezeli or guard Barnes and Green on the perimeter.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Hmm, Klay Thompson officially is out now with a concussion until further notice. Hope he'll be okay.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/ ... concussion

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:Hmm, Klay Thompson officially is out now with a concussion until further notice. Hope he'll be okay.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/ ... concussion
That's weird. Saw a bunch of reports saying he was officially cleared. I guess they were premature.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I like this Warriors team a lot. I think they can beat Cleveland even if Klay misses some games or isn't 100%.

The one thing I'd criticize about the Warriors is that they haven't lost a lot of games this year or faced a lot of true adversity. They seem to kind of tighten up under pressure, like when Houston started to show signs of life. But I think on sheer talent they will still take the series.

TOO

Post by TOO »

LeBron in 6, because he's still the best player on earth and nobody on GS can do anything to stop him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm going to go with the Warriors in 7 because Curry is the best shooter on earth and nobody on the Cavs can do anything to stop him.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:LeBron in 6, because he's still the best player on earth and nobody on GS can do anything to stop him.
as usual, the unoriginalunoriginal is wrong again by a huge margin.

4-1 or sweep.