NBA Playoffs: Finals

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: NBA Playoffs: Finals

Post by Wally_West »

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Well now that's just terrible.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If I were the Warriors, I wouldn't be too depressed about losing Game 3. They had a lot of encouraging signs in defeat, like Steph Curry finally finding his shot, or David Lee emerging as a usable weapon.

But Game 4 has become a must-win for them. If they drop both in Cleveland, it's over.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

DELLY! DELLY! DELLY!
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:If I were the Warriors, I wouldn't be too depressed about losing Game 3. They had a lot of encouraging signs in defeat, like Steph Curry finally finding his shot, or David Lee emerging as a usable weapon.

But Game 4 has become a must-win for them. If they drop both in Cleveland, it's over.
It's very similar to the situation they were in with the Grizzlies. I'd be surprised if they didn't adjust and win game 4.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

[tweet][/tweet]
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I'm not a career Lebron hater, but does it seem at the end of nearly every game late in the Playoffs on cue he gets some kind of knock late in the game, starts hobbling toward the bench, then waves off any possible replacement, like he's trying to get hero points or something, like he's hoping they include that in the video to make his performances seem even more epic. That and I can't stand his almost pre-prepared post game celebrations and interviews. He is playing great though. No other player in the league could have taken that team this far.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I thought Woj was supposed to be a LeBron hater?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-lebron ... soc_trk=ma

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Classy gesture. The King bows to old royalty ...

http://www.ohio.com/blogs/cleveland-cav ... p-1.599430

LeBron James was focused on basketball and ready for the tip to begin Game 3 of the NBA Finals on Tuesday when he caught a glimpse of Jim Brown sitting courtside at Quicken Loans Arena. Suddenly, even on this stage, basketball could wait.

James turned and bowed to the Browns legend prior to Game 3, saying Thursday he places Brown in a historic category with guys like Lew Alcindor (later Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) and Muhammad Ali.

“I just gave him the respect and the salute that he deserves,” James said Thursday prior to Game 4. “Himself, Lew Alcindor, Bill Russell, Jesse Owens, Muhammad Ali, those guys meant something more than just to the sport they were actually competing in. I think we all should know those stories and them setting the foundation for guys that came after them all the way to this point where I am today.”
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

All tied up at 2-2. The momentum swings back in favor of the Warriors.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Went to go watch Jurassic World so I didn't catch the game but WHAT THE FUCK!?? :lol:

LeBron James Accidentally Flashes Penis on Live TV Before NBA Game
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/lebr ... me-n374151

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Thought this was interesting.
Most Golden State Warriors fans probably have never heard of Nick U'Ren. As the special assistant to the head coach, U'Ren quietly stays behind the scenes doing whatever he can to make Warriors coach Steve Kerr look great.

But after U'Ren suggested the drastic lineup change for the Warriors – starting Andre Iguodala in place of center Andrew Bogut – that helped them beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 103-82 and even the NBA Finals at two games apiece Thursday night, Kerr felt it was only right to give U'Ren a shout-out.

"He's behind the bench, he's 28 years old, he's a kid," Kerr said. "We have a staff that is very cooperative. Whoever has the idea, it doesn't matter. And he brought me the idea."
"I went and brought it up at dinner to mixed reviews, which is fine and totally normal," U'Ren said.U'Ren refused to give up on the idea and did more research. He watched the Spurs in the first halves of Games 3 and 4 of last year's Finals. He began to believe even stronger that if the Warriors went small like the Spurs it would work well against Cleveland. After Walton also embraced the idea, U'Ren sent Kerr a text at about 3 a.m. on Thursday suggesting Iguodala replace Bogut in the starting lineup.

"I just explained that they started Diaw instead of Splitter and starting Andre is something to consider," U'Ren said. "We wanted to tell him in time to watch the film for himself and make the decision."

Kerr woke up to the suggestion and liked it because he believed it would help the Warriors increase the game's pace. It didn't hurt that Iguodala also had played well in the series' first three games, averaging 12.3 points, 4.6 rebounds and four assists off the bench while doing a respectable job of defending James.
Back when Kerr was the Phoenix Suns' general manager from 2007-10, he hired U'Ren for the video department. U'Ren worked for three general managers in Phoenix before Kerr hired him with the Warriors last offseason. During their time together, U'Ren has built a level of trust with Kerr.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-myster ... 09364.html

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

Wally_West wrote:Thought this was interesting.
Most Golden State Warriors fans probably have never heard of Nick U'Ren. As the special assistant to the head coach, U'Ren quietly stays behind the scenes doing whatever he can to make Warriors coach Steve Kerr look great.

But after U'Ren suggested the drastic lineup change for the Warriors – starting Andre Iguodala in place of center Andrew Bogut – that helped them beat the Cleveland Cavaliers 103-82 and even the NBA Finals at two games apiece Thursday night, Kerr felt it was only right to give U'Ren a shout-out.

"He's behind the bench, he's 28 years old, he's a kid," Kerr said. "We have a staff that is very cooperative. Whoever has the idea, it doesn't matter. And he brought me the idea."
"I went and brought it up at dinner to mixed reviews, which is fine and totally normal," U'Ren said.U'Ren refused to give up on the idea and did more research. He watched the Spurs in the first halves of Games 3 and 4 of last year's Finals. He began to believe even stronger that if the Warriors went small like the Spurs it would work well against Cleveland. After Walton also embraced the idea, U'Ren sent Kerr a text at about 3 a.m. on Thursday suggesting Iguodala replace Bogut in the starting lineup.

"I just explained that they started Diaw instead of Splitter and starting Andre is something to consider," U'Ren said. "We wanted to tell him in time to watch the film for himself and make the decision."

Kerr woke up to the suggestion and liked it because he believed it would help the Warriors increase the game's pace. It didn't hurt that Iguodala also had played well in the series' first three games, averaging 12.3 points, 4.6 rebounds and four assists off the bench while doing a respectable job of defending James.
Back when Kerr was the Phoenix Suns' general manager from 2007-10, he hired U'Ren for the video department. U'Ren worked for three general managers in Phoenix before Kerr hired him with the Warriors last offseason. During their time together, U'Ren has built a level of trust with Kerr.
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-myster ... 09364.html
The more I read about Kerr's tenure with the Suns, the more I think he must of just been totally marginalized here. When he got the opportunity to do his thing, he took other unheralded assets with him.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Elhassen tweeted that if you counted all the lost assets of the Suns it would be a crater. Look at all the great people and players(or rumored lost draft picks) that are in this Finals(although, the players have been marginalized). Griffin, Jones, Marion, Gentry, Kerr, U'Ren, Welts, Barbosa, along with Iggy(who the Suns wanted but thought he wouldn't be available at 7 in 2004, and Curry, who they thought they had a deal with Warriors for.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Mountain out of mole hill. As far as the Cavs' guys...Griffin was awful as GM here and only looks good now because LeBron DECIDED he was going back to the Cleveland. He didn't sell LeBron on anything or build a team that attracted LeBron. And once LeBron was on board, so was Love (and James Jones and Mike Miller). Marion hardly plays.

Kerr walked into a winning situation with a ready made roster. Welts...whatever. His time came and went with Phx and he moved onto a better situation in GS. Barbosa was done here when he left. The only regretful move was getting rid of Gentry.

If anyone should be pissed, it should be Knicks fans seeing Shump, JR, and Mozgov playing in the Finals. The Knicks got absolutely nothing for two starting players that the Cavs were desperate for. And Mozgov has been a difference maker in the middle while the Knicks are currently looking to draft/sign a center. Even David Lee made his mark last night while the Knicks bought out Amar'e in the middle of the year.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

If anyone should be pissed, it should be Knicks fans seeing Shump, JR, and Mozgov playing in the Finals. The Knicks got absolutely nothing for two starting players that the Cavs were desperate for. And Mozgov has been a difference maker in the middle while the Knicks are currently looking to draft/sign a center. Even David Lee made his mark last night while the Knicks bought out Amar'e in the middle of the year.
It really shows how much better Lebron is than Carmelo. Melo had a similar supporting cast (sans Kyrie and Love who are out injured anyway) and he could barely get to the playoffs.

jkalldaway

Post by jkalldaway »

Griff was anything but awful in PHX. He was a tremendous asset to the front office. When Kerr was screwed by Sarver, he walked.

His moves mid-season are what are currently keeping the Cabs afloat (Mosgov, Smith, Shumpert).

Cap

Post by Cap »

jkalldaway wrote: His moves mid-season are what are currently keeping the Cabs afloat (Mosgov, Smith, Shumpert).

TOO

Post by TOO »

:lol:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Gotta love autocorrect.