Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
AmareIsGod

Re: Suns News: Week of 4/7 to 4/13

Post by AmareIsGod »

So I'm seeing on Twitter that the Suns are putting together a plan to get Melo and surround him with young talent. Really?!?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Not gonna happen. Melo isn't leaving NY for Phoenix regardless of who else is on either team.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agreed. Realized that it was a single Tweet with no merit. Move along, nothing to see here ;)
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

TOO

Post by TOO »

Melo fits what we do offensively with all the isolations. Melo at the 4 for us would be dynamic. 'm probably the only guy that would welcome him in Phoenix. After the season he's had with that turd of a situation, he's changed my mind about him.

JeffreyLee

Post by JeffreyLee »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Melo fits what we do offensively with all the isolations. Melo at the 4 for us would be dynamic. 'm probably the only guy that would welcome him in Phoenix. After the season he's had with that turd of a situation, he's changed my mind about him.
Im with ya, your not alone.
You sold me two quier giraffes

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Forgot to post this here earlier today - little 28 minute tribute I put together for the 2013-2014 season:

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

No Melo. Selfish me first player.

No Thanks
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

JeffreyLee wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Melo fits what we do offensively with all the isolations. Melo at the 4 for us would be dynamic. 'm probably the only guy that would welcome him in Phoenix. After the season he's had with that turd of a situation, he's changed my mind about him.
Im with ya, your not alone.
Sure, if you want to undo every bit of progress we have made this season....

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:No Melo. Selfish me first player.

No Thanks
That would change here. He couldn't dominate the ball because the offense wouldn't run through him.

I don't like him, but it would be a significant talent upgrade. If the Suns are hellbent on retaining Bledsoe, then I couldn't care less if they brought in Melo.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I'm not a huge Melo fan, but I'd take him here. As INFy says, he would be such a gigantic talent upgrade for us that we'd have to do it.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Dragic and Melo would be incredibly hard to stop. Would probably cost us Bledsoe, but there are a lot of good PGs in the draft.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Why would it cost us Bledsoe? Just sign Melo outright. I'm sure you could move the Morris Twins for cap space.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Then it'll cost us Dragic after next year, no way they pay all 3 huge money. I think Bledsoe will price himself out of the equation.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

no way they pay all 3 huge money
Sure you can. Dragic isn't going to command the max. If you get Bledsoe under the max, it would be very manageable, especially if Len actually becomes an impact player (he would still be on his rookie deal).

TOO

Post by TOO »

I enjoy your optimism. We'd be awfully hard to guard with that trio.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

The team would need a defensive anchor. Move Plumlee and Frye to Houston for Asik, and that team could contend.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

To each there own, but no way I bring Melo here. I rather spend that money in other places.

Carmelo Anthony will never be the best player on a championship team IMO...atleast not the way he plays, he is an incredibly talented scorer who is a bad defender and a ball stopper...Especially on this team that sorely lacks interior defense or scoring.

I get the argument for bringing him here, its just not a move I would do as a GM...he isn't worth it to me.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I agree. I wouldn't bring him here either. But I also wouldn't bring back Bledsoe, and that isn't happening.

carey

Post by carey »

Morris has scored more points than any NBA reserve this season and the fourth most of any Suns sub, behind Sixth Man Award winners Leandro Barbosa, Dan Majerle, and Eddie Johnson.
I wouldn't have guessed it but probably time to finally bury the whiff.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:
Morris has scored more points than any NBA reserve this season and the fourth most of any Suns sub, behind Sixth Man Award winners Leandro Barbosa, Dan Majerle, and Eddie Johnson.
I wouldn't have guessed it but probably time to finally bury the whiff.
Told ya. :lol:
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."