2015 Suns NBA Summer League

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

2015 Suns NBA Summer League

Post by Superbone »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /28822041/

The schedule has been set. All games will be shown on NBATV.
The Suns team, which will be coached by new player development coach Nate Bjorkgren, will play three preliminary round games on July 11, 12 and 14 at Nevada-Las Vegas before a 24-team tournament begins on July 15. The Suns will play at least two more games in the tournament, which culminates with a July 20 championship.

The Suns' summer team will open with a 3 p.m. game against Washington on July 11 at UNLV's Cox Pavilion. They will also play twice at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center -- at 1:30 p.m. on July 12 against Houston and at 4:30 p.m. on July 14 against Utah.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Re: 2015 Suns NBA Summer League

Post by carey »

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /29372635/
Booker now has two teammates for his Suns debut.

Patric Young, 23, who played at Florida, and Josh Harrellson, 26, who played at Kentucky and in 75 NBA games, are expected to join the Suns' summer league team when it competes in Las Vegas. The Suns' first game is July 11.

Young played last season for a Turkish team.

•Jason Fraser will join the Suns coaching staff as player development coach, likely focusing on the big men. He most recently served as assistant coach for the NBA D-League Austin Spurs.Booker now has two teammates for his Suns debut.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Harrellson's a dirt worker with a good outside jumper. Not a physical specimen by any means but knows how to rebound and is a good guy to have at the end of the bench.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I can see why Warren might not be on the SL team this year. He smashed the competition last season. He's ready for the next level. Best to give the other young guys a chance.

I wonder what'll happen to Archie.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Jorts!

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:I can see why Warren might not be on the SL team this year. He smashed the competition last season. He's ready for the next level. Best to give the other young guys a chance.

I wonder what'll happen to Archie.
I'm sure Warren will be there. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see Goodwin there again though typically 3rd year players don't play.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

This is going to be a make it or break it year for Archie, at least with the Suns. Give the man a chance to demonstrate that he can knock down the 3-point shot. Booker also needs to be there, as well as Warren and Len. I want to see the young Suns just destroy their competition over the summer, and have that carry over into the season. I can't seem to remember how many veterans are allowed to play, though. If anyone can sit out the summer, it is Len.

carey

Post by carey »

Don't forget that games start Saturday. :D
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Any other names on the roster?

Archie, Booker, TJ, Len (?), Young, Harrellson, Alec Brown?

carey

Post by carey »

I asked Coro but haven't heard back yet. Here's a recent addition.

Edit: Check that, he just replied that we'd know it later today.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/618097864913371136

Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

[youtube][/youtube]

Looks very athletic. Not sure he does anything else but dunk but we'll see.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Not quite a full list but there's some recent additions: http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /29774439/

Looks like we'll be seeing Archie and Alex which I like. Get some work in.
The Suns' NBA Summer League team will have a familiar look with returning players Alex Len, Archie Goodwin, T.J. Warren and Jerel McNeal taking part alongside three big men with brief NBA histories.

The Suns' squad will include first-round pick Devin Booker, 2014 Suns second-round pick Alec Brown, former NBA big men Josh Harrellson, Justin Harper and Luke Harangody and free agent guards Mickey McConnell and Justin Carter. An official roster with one possible addition will be announced Tuesday, when the team starts two-a-day practices in preparation for Saturday's summer league opener in Las Vegas.
McConnell played at St. Mary's and shot like 51% from 3 one year and 46% the next.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

We added 25-year-old Justin Harper to the team. He's a 6' 10" guy that can really shoot it from the outside.

[youtube] [/youtube]
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Are we placing bets which game Len will get injured in?

carey

Post by carey »

iLLmatic wrote:Are we placing bets which game Len will get injured in?
3rd game 2nd Q.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OK, just so you know, I'm blaming both of you personally if Len gets hurt.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:OK, just so you know, I'm blaming both of you personally if Len gets hurt.
This.

Phoeknicks

Post by Phoeknicks »

Superbone wrote:OK, just so you know, I'm blaming both of you personally if Len gets hurt.
I agree Superbone. Mr. Glass doesn't need this mess. Also what will it take for us to get a decent backup PG on this team? I wonder what KJ is up to this Summer?
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.” ~ Albert Einstein

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't win the SL championship. We have our starting center from last season and our starting small forward for this season in the line-up. I don't think there are any good excuses - we should be favorites.

GO SUNS!

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:I'll be extremely disappointed if we don't win the SL championship. We have our starting center from last season and our starting small forward for this season in the line-up. I don't think there are any good excuses - we should be favorites.

GO SUNS!
It's SL. I don't put much stock in any of it. Bo Outlaw used to score 40 a game with his all-stars.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!