Game Day: Suns (46-31) @ Pelicans (32-45) , Wed 4/9/14

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Game Day: Suns (46-31) @ Pelicans (32-45) , Wed 4/9/14

Post by carey »

SwingMan wrote:
Sunsfan4life wrote:Yea, but there is a reason why the suns are battling for the 8th seed. Great story this yr, but its not like we're competting for a championship. This was always going to be a tough game IMO, this Hornets team is still better then the Laker team that just routed us on the road.
Uh, no - this team, without Davis, Gordon, Holiday and Anderson is not better than the current Lakers team. No excuse whatsoever for the Suns to let NO be this close.
Yeah, this is a *really* bad Pelicans team. Their leading scorer was Jeff Withey. They are so screwed at PG they have to give Rivers 30 minutes there and he's awful. I know it's the NBA and it's hard to win on the road, especially late and the season, but the effort just wasn't all there tonight. A lot of guys looked tired even though we just had 3 days off. I think it just adds to the trend that we are really bad on 2 or more days of rest for some reason.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

A win's a win, but they didn't look great tonight. What did impress me is that when they need a stop down the stretch, or need a crucial bucket, they so often find a way to get them. That's encouraging in terms of possible playoff games. I remember so many frustrating years where the team couldn't get a basket down the stretch. Glad to see it isn't that way as much any more.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Aminou and Johnson probabaly are equally bad, but atleast Aminou hits the boards.
Roberts is better then Marshall.
Evans is better then Meeks.
Withey is better then Kelly.

All of those are IMO, but thats My opinion. I'm not sure how this got into a Laker vs Pelicans debate, but All I was saying is if they could get clobbered by LA on the road, then I would say tonight's outcome wasn't to shocking. The Suns also lost to the Kings in a back to back earlier this yr and at home to the Jazz. I don't think anything should be taken for granted. Anthony Davis is by far their best player, but they just beat the clippers a week ago with Davis going 5-19 from the field and the exact same guys around him. Darius Miller went for 16 in that game BTW. They also have Anthony Morrow who would start on the Lakers
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Xylus

Post by Xylus »

I know a win is a win but this didn't feel much like a win to me, not with Memphis dominating the Heat in the 4th quarter.

I don't know how the hell we're going to contain Randolph and Gasol this Monday.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The Grizz are a terrible matchup for us, as evident by there 3-0 recrod vs us.

Memphis takes advantage of Phoenix's giant whole int he middle probabaly better then any team in the league. Hopefully Green gets hot from 3's, I think that's are best chance is going small and trying to beat them from the outside.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Anyone else noticing Bledsoe really favoring his wrist? He's holding it constantly throughout the game with a look of pain on his face the whole time.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

He hurt it again vs the Thunder on sunday. I think Kendrick Perkins grabbed it trying to stop an and 1.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

AmareIsGod wrote:Anyone else noticing Bledsoe really favoring his wrist? He's holding it constantly throughout the game with a look of pain on his face the whole time.
A shin, knee, and wrist, all in the same season.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Xylus wrote:I know a win is a win but this didn't feel much like a win to me, not with Memphis dominating the Heat in the 4th quarter.

I don't know how the hell we're going to contain Randolph and Gasol this Monday.
If I'm OKC or San Antonio, I'm rooting for Dallas and Phoenix. True Phoenix has given OKC fits and Dallas has a hall of famer, but Memphis is so tough and has a squad built for the playoffs.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This game was brutal.

Also, I know Shavlik had a few nice moments for us a few days ago, but he really shouldn't be playing over Len. Same for Ish and Archie (which I understand more, but I don't have to like).

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It's the price of winning; it changes every coach.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I don't think Ish is a better backcourt-mate for Dragic than Archie. And while Shav is probably a better rebounder, our interior D was getting smoked. I think Len's better in that area. Shav can barely jump.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Ish has earned it though. He's been a positive difference-maker in enough games to the point that he's earned his trust. And with the playoffs in his reach, it's hard for any coach, let alone a first-year one, to play two raw rookies over guys with experience who at least know the game, know how to play, and know where to be on the court.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Sunsfan4life wrote:The Grizz are a terrible matchup for us, as evident by there 3-0 recrod vs us.

Memphis takes advantage of Phoenix's giant whole int he middle probabaly better then any team in the league. Hopefully Green gets hot from 3's, I think that's are best chance is going small and trying to beat them from the outside.
the suns lost all three games to memphis without marc gasol.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, these guys can be infuriating. They need to learn how to get up for and take out early these bad teams. They let the Pelicans hang with them the whole game and were fortunate to be able to get a basket every time they needed one at the end. That Markieff shot was money. Phew!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Ish is firmly ahead of Archie in the rotation, and given what they have done on the court, I can't complain if we are fighting for a playoff berth.

I'd try Len against Dallas and Memphis instead of Shavlik, but probably more due to the mathup than anything, because new guy has played decently the role of Plumlee. Particularly against Dallas I think Len's size can help us big time, but we'll see what Hornacek puts out there.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Big Jake Little Jake

Post by Big Jake Little Jake »

Man Bledsoe was getting destroyed on D. His guy (even Austin Rivers) was just blowing by him every single possession. It's really putting a lot of strain on our rotations. His recoveries to get back to his man or pick up the switch are pretty amazing, but I'd rather it not come to that every position.

Not sure if it's an effort thing or he's just confused on what to do on screens.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

SwingMan wrote: And I still wouldn't include P.J. Tucker in a trade package for Kevin Love.....
I know we're supposed to be shocked by this statement, but after INF said he wouldn't include Alex Oriakhi in a package for Anthony Davis nothing surprises me anymore.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Shabazz wrote:
SwingMan wrote: And I still wouldn't include P.J. Tucker in a trade package for Kevin Love.....
I know we're supposed to be shocked by this statement, but after INF said he wouldn't include Alex Oriakhi in a package for Anthony Davis nothing surprises me anymore.
It's not intended to shock - I've maintained this stance since last year and am re-affirming it, is all.....