Around the NBA Summer League (2015)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Around the NBA Summer League (2015)

Post by ShelC »

We may need a general SL thread to talk other teams/players.

A few guys who have caught my eye...

Justice Winslow is a beast. Physically ready to play, was a grown man out there in Orlando.

JP Tokoto is a freak athlete. Mudiay can really pass the ball and looks physically ready to play. Walter Tavares is BIG. Okafor is a Okafor, just a natural post scorer. KAT had a strong first game, didn't do much last night. Stanley Johnson just makes things happen. Could be a better Josh Smith/Matrix type of player.

Bobby Portis will be a solid player, perfect for the Bulls. Really surprising seeing him hit those 3s last night. Could stand to get a little bigger/stronger but he'll be just a solid player. I liked what I saw from Aaron Harrison in Orlando. He's playing for Charlotte and looked solid.

Shabazz

Re: Around the NBA Summer League (2015)

Post by Shabazz »

I think Jeremy Tyler has some Hassan Whiteside late-bloomer potential. Only 24 years old.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Agreed. I've always been interested in him.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote: Justice Winslow is a beast. Physically ready to play, was a grown man out there in Orlando.
I felt on draft night that NY should have drafted him.

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:I think Jeremy Tyler has some Hassan Whiteside late-bloomer potential. Only 24 years old.
He beasted last game for the Mavs. They could take a flyer on him, they have a big whole at C. I get frustrated that teams know big men take a long time to develop yet won't give young athletic big men the time they need. Why even draft them then?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Portzingis highlights look solid. Seems a fairly smooth bball player for someone 7'3. Smooth stroke, can pass and looks like he can finish around the hoop. Will need to add size and strength obviously. Looks like a good fit for the triangle offense also. Mind you I have only seen his highlights so I cant see what mistakes he is making out there

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

He's not making a lot of mistakes out there, just gets pushed around a little, with his lack of strength. His Bball IQ is pretty good and he has a high level of skill. He's going to be an excellent player.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Mudiay is having a good summer league. Felt like he was the 4th best player in the draft coming out. My only concern was the off the court with all the prime prep/ineligibility stuff. Think He's a darkhorse for R.O.Y if Denver Deals Lawson.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

This Leuer trade is gonna kill me. Johnson, Dawson, and Powell all playing well. Ugh.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

[quote="Think He's a darkhorse for R.O.Y if Denver Deals Lawson.[/quote]

bingo!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Any other young athletic bigs we could take a flyer on?

I see thabeet managed to get ejected from a summer league game

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The knicks have a nice young player who's more a 4/3...Maurice Ndour. Not sure he's what we need tho. I'd definitely add Harrellson. Very skilled, smart player, good per minute rebounder. He could stand to lose another 15lbs which I think is due to him being out of basketball so long. But again, with our training staff, they could whip him into shape. And at the very least, he's another character guy, good at keeping the lockerroom loose.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:The knicks have a nice young player who's more a 4/3...Maurice Ndour. Not sure he's what we need tho. I'd definitely add Harrellson. Very skilled, smart player, good per minute rebounder. He could stand to lose another 15lbs which I think is due to him being out of basketball so long. But again, with our training staff, they could whip him into shape. And at the very least, he's another character guy, good at keeping the lockerroom loose.
I like Harrellson, and I hope that he and James get a camp invite, because I think that both could make the roster. If this basketball thing doesn't work out for Harrellson, he might be able to get a gig on Game of Thrones.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I love Winslow. I think he has Iguodala potential. Have not seen Stanley Johnson yet but from the NCAA everybody in Arizona loocked ugly the times I watched.

Hezonja and Porzingis are holding their own pretty well. Neither is going to suck, and there is a shot a stardom.

Serious doubts about D'Angelo, but I believe he has the talent and IQ to adapt and be good but he will have to work a lot.

Okafor is my first horse for ROTY at this moment. NBA length will be a problem but he has too many tricks up his sleeve and too many players are too dumb not to bite.

Oubre Jr impressed me when he played against the Suns. He is a tall ankle breaker.

Mudiay has a lot of Tyreke but is not too selfish so I guess that's where the Wall comparisons come from. He wishes (by the way Carey I have to give it to you, Wall is awesome).

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Oh, and I think our guys basically look the same from last summer. More muscle here or there but skills and weaknesses remain relatively unaltered.