Game Day (SL): Suns (1-0) @ Rockets (1-0), Sun 7/12/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Phoenix219

Re: Game Day (SL): Suns (1-0) @ Rockets (1-0), Sun 7/12/15

Post by Phoenix219 »

Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:It really is a shame that Mickey is only 5 ft tall.
Hey now... I know he's just a little guy, but he's still 6 ft... :D

highlight video from the d league

I like the guy. Very Nash like and he doesn't seem to be mistake prone.
He's a true point guard. That makes him unique among Suns players, and a safe bet not to make the regular season roster.
It is a sad day when we can say that about the Suns. That used to be / should be the absolute most important piece of the roster - a true point, not these combo guards.

Even if Knight and Bledsoe are much superior players, the team will run better with someone like Mcconnell (or any true point) controlling the pace, getting people the ball in open spots (which rookie was looking forward to that, not realizing that we're not that team anymore?) ... meanwhile we are paying the 2 combo guards a gajillion dollars...... sigh.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Phoenix219 wrote:
Cap wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Phoenix219 wrote:
carey wrote:It really is a shame that Mickey is only 5 ft tall.
Hey now... I know he's just a little guy, but he's still 6 ft... :D

highlight video from the d league

I like the guy. Very Nash like and he doesn't seem to be mistake prone.
He's a true point guard. That makes him unique among Suns players, and a safe bet not to make the regular season roster.
It is a sad day when we can say that about the Suns. That used to be / should be the absolute most important piece of the roster - a true point, not these combo guards.

A PG is not the most important position. It has been for the last 30 years of Suns basketball and we have nothing to show for it except some great players at that position. Big deal. Don't keep lamenting Nash being gone. It's been a long damn time. Let's focus on getting this rebuild right and getting the kids some burn to see if they are keepers or something we can package for someone in the future. We need a franchise player and I could care less what position he plays, as long as he is a top 5 player in the league and can lead a team.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Oh, and did anybody else see Hornacek's daughter? She's a beauty.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Superbone wrote:Oh, and did anybody else see Hornacek's daughter? She's a beauty.
I did notice that, yes.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

https://twitter.com/suns/status/621111165402230785

In case anyone doesn't know what we're talking about

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Yes sir a solid 7.

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

https://twitter.com/abbyhornacek/status/611288096928215040

Only a 7?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Yes sir a solid 7.
You're crazy.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

7?
I wonder how a solid 10 would looks like on your book...
I mean, not even a solid 8?

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hahah I am joking. She is better than a 14.

TOO

Post by TOO »

10/10 I'd SSOL her.

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:10/10 I'd SSOL her.
What a perfect and horrible response.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:10/10 I'd SSOL her.
What a perfect and horrible response.
:lol:

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

SHAZAM!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

No jokes about feeling a little "Horny"?

Phoenix219

Post by Phoenix219 »

A PG is not the most important position. It has been for the last 30 years of Suns basketball and we have nothing to show for it except some great players at that position. Big deal. Don't keep lamenting Nash being gone. It's been a long damn time. Let's focus on getting this rebuild right and getting the kids some burn to see if they are keepers or something we can package for someone in the future. We need a franchise player and I could care less what position he plays, as long as he is a top 5 player in the league and can lead a team.
It hasn't been a long time - Dragic is less then a year departed. Our string of pass-first point guards goes back decades, so no, it has not been a long damn time. I want this rebuild done right, but disagree that building around Bledsoe and/or building around 2 combo guards without anyone able to encourage good ball movement is a mistake. We need to build a *team* not keep our fingers crossed for one maybe superstar "franchise player." Getting good players with no one to get them the ball in the best positions is a mistake. A good leader can control the style and pace of the game, and a good leader does not have to be the "All Star" of the team. I have to disagree with almost everything you just posted.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would love to have a pass-first PG running our team. But we have to be careful not to fall into a false dichotomy fallacy. A player can be unselfish and make those around him better without being a Nash-level pure PG. We do need guys to look for the open man more than Bledsoe did last year, but we could certainly build a championship team without one Nash-like guy. Plenty of great teams simply had a bunch of players who made the right play, a bunch of guys who could get 3-5 assists in a game when needed. That would be fine with me.

carey

Post by carey »

Loved Nash. Favorite player ever. Not a fan of how teams could be physical & take the ball out of his hands thereby killing our entire offense. That sucked & is probably some of the thinking behind switching to a dual ball handler offense.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Phoenix219 wrote:

It hasn't been a long time - Dragic is less then a year departed. Our string of pass-first point guards goes back decades, so no, it has not been a long damn time. I want this rebuild done right, but disagree that building around Bledsoe and/or building around 2 combo guards without anyone able to encourage good ball movement is a mistake. We need to build a *team* not keep our fingers crossed for one maybe superstar "franchise player." Getting good players with no one to get them the ball in the best positions is a mistake. A good leader can control the style and pace of the game, and a good leader does not have to be the "All Star" of the team. I have to disagree with almost everything you just posted.
We have a young team. You don't want to spoil the kids by giving them a Nash to make their jobs too easy. ;)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Phoenix219 wrote:

That's fine. Disagree all you want. But doing what we've done in the past, and hoping that this time it will work out differently, well, I think there is a saying for that.