2015 NBA League Pass

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

2015 NBA League Pass

Post by carey »

I thought this was interesting enough to post in a thread since there are changes this year. Usually I do the broadband choice where you pick 5 teams and you can watch those games. It started out at 89.99 but last year it rose to 129.99. Now for the first time they are selling single team passes and single game passes. http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/23 ... le-At-$699
NBA League Pass will be priced at $199.99 for the 15-16 season.

For a single Team Pass, the cost is $119.99.

There is also an option to buy a single game on League Pass for $6.99.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

OE32

Re: 2015 NBA League Pass

Post by OE32 »

Someone posted a link to an alternative to League Pass last year. Does anyone have that link? The price for LP is ridiculous, though it might still be worth it if it weren't for the blackouts. The blackouts piss me off so much that I'd like to see what else is available.

carey

Post by carey »

OE32 wrote:Someone posted a link to an alternative to League Pass last year. Does anyone have that link? The price for LP is ridiculous, though it might still be worth it if it weren't for the blackouts. The blackouts piss me off so much that I'd like to see what else is available.
http://www4.ballstreams.com/
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'm glad you posted this. I've had LP for over 20 years running. I might save a little money and go for the single team pass.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

If LP didn't blackout Phoenix, I would sign up in a minute. I don't have cable or satellite. I would only want it to watch Suns games, but don't want to pay for everything else that I don't watch.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:If LP didn't blackout Phoenix, I would sign up in a minute. I don't have cable or satellite. I would only want it to watch Suns games, but don't want to pay for everything else that I don't watch.
Does it black out Suns games if you are in Phoenix?

carey

Post by carey »

In2ition wrote:If LP didn't blackout Phoenix, I would sign up in a minute. I don't have cable or satellite. I would only want it to watch Suns games, but don't want to pay for everything else that I don't watch.
You're a good candidate for ballstreams then.
Indy wrote:Does it black out Suns games if you are in Phoenix?
Yes.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
You're a good candidate for ballstreams then.
Indy wrote:Does it black out Suns games if you are in Phoenix?
Yes.
Didn't realize that. I would drop DirecTV if I could get Suns games and D-Backs games locally.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think it's lame that they locally black out games. I know it's to get people to go attend the game in person, but, it's 2015 and I'm not going to go to a lot of games in person. I live in the Warriors' area, but they're in Oakland and I'm in Santa Clara. It's over an hour's drive, probably more like 90 minutes, to get there for a game. It's usually in horrendous traffic both directions. The tickets are ~$100+ each, the food is a rip-off, parking costs a fortune. And then it's just some mostly meaningless regular-season game where they'll rest Steph Curry in the 4th quarter. And when you're at the game in person, all the play stoppages, timeouts, TV timeouts, pumped-in noise, fouling at the end of the game, etc. really start to take their toll. You can't jump off the couch and go to the bathroom, surf channels, etc. when you're sitting there in the arena. All you can really do is goof around on your phone. The in-person game experience is neat, but honestly, it's better as an occasional treat once or twice a year at the very most. So why can't I watch the other 40-41 Warriors/Suns home games on my freaking TV? I give plenty of money and time in support of the team. Don't they want me to get to watch the team and root for them?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I doubt the rule is for people to go to the games, since the game could be sold out, yet the blackout still applies. I think they have a deal with the cable and satellite companies, to make sure local broadcast programming is the only way to watch your local games. Meaning, you either have to have season tickets or buy a subscription to cable or satellite in your local area to see the local team.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:I doubt the rule is for people to go to the games, since the game could be sold out, yet the blackout still applies. I think they have a deal with the cable and satellite companies, to make sure local broadcast programming is the only way to watch your local games. Meaning, you either have to have season tickets or buy a subscription to cable or satellite in your local area to see the local team.
Exactly. It isn't about ticket sales. It's about their TV contracts. And to be clear, no games are blacked out on fox sports if you are in Phoenix.

OE32

Post by OE32 »

Thanks Carey! Now I can watch all the games of my beloved SPURS.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

OE32 wrote:Thanks Carey! Now I can watch all the games of my beloved SPURS.
Where's the instaban button?!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Internationally, there's only the choice to buy the full LP. I mostly watch Suns' games, with none of that blackouts you mention. But still, is a hefty price for a couple games a week I manage to catch, but I grew tired of watching streaming games with chinese audio

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

OE32 wrote:Thanks Carey! Now I can watch all the games of my beloved SPURS.
Mods! Sieze him!! :-)

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Aztec, we have more than one option internationally, but all of them now comes with all teams. 2013 I was given the choice to get a limited number of teams, but that package didn't include playoffs.
I signed premium last season, but with the dollar rising like it is in Brazil, I probably will get the cheaper package this season.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

I'm not sure why anyone uses LP anymore when you have sites like Ballstreams out there. I chose it primarily because it's cheaper than LP and there are no blackouts for Suns games since I'm in the Phoenix area.

carey

Post by carey »

iLLmatic wrote:I'm not sure why anyone uses LP anymore when you have sites like Ballstreams out there. I chose it primarily because it's cheaper than LP and there are no blackouts for Suns games since I'm in the Phoenix area.
I still use LP because it has a PS3 app and I can watch it in HD on the big screen. Basically the only reason.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

would ball streams work via a smart TV browser? And what quality is it?

Robot

Post by Robot »

the blackouts just take money out of the NBA's pocket because if you want to watch a game online you will - and you will find it free on one of several streaming sites .

The blackout rule makes no sense in this day and age and needs to be removed

There is no reason to get LP when they blackout national games as well as your team's games - for people who don't waste money on cable, it could and should be the alternative

Lastly .$6.99 is WAY too much for a single game. It should be .99 - $1.99 MAX . Why spend $7 when you can find a decent stream for free? But of $1-2 ? Totally worth it. They would sell so much more imo

- R