Game Day (Pseason): Rockets (1-2) @ Suns (2-0), Tue 10/13/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Game Day (Pseason): Rockets (1-2) @ Suns (2-0), Tue 10/1

Post by Indy »

I still don't like that there isn't really anybody on this team who's going to get you more than 4-5 assists on a given night.
I know with our history we expect to have someone in the top 5 in assists, but I would be completely happy with two guys getting 4-5 assists and a couple more with 3-4. It actually makes us much harder to deal with when we do that.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I've been a big advocate of "spread the wealth" so to speak. It's nice to see the stats and have one of your guys in the top 3 or 5 averaging 7+ assists. But like we learned in the Nash era, teams can key in on that in the playoffs and disrupt the offense. And, if you look at championship teams in the last 20+ years, I think Isaiah was the last PG to lead the league in assists and win a title. The rest...the Rockets, Bulls, Pistons (03), Spurs, Heat, Celtics, Mavs, etc all had PGs in the 4-6 apg range, a wing that got 3-4 apg and a big that got 3-4 apg.

In fact, last year Curry actually averaged 7.7 apg, which is pretty high. But Iguodala, Klay, Bogut and Green all had 3 or so apg. That was also a product of the offensive style.

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

I like how the Suns came back. Warren looks real good out there and Teletovic did good rebounding. They could've easily folded after that horrific 3rd quarter. Though they lost, this team (though still preseason) has shown some fight.
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !