Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Danimal

Re: Phoenix Suns 2014: Offseason Moves

Post by Danimal »

That site also has an article about how the Suns are now in 1st place to get Love. But the article goes on to say we are willing to give them Bledsoe and Goran for Love. There are a number of things wrong with that proposal but I would be curious to see how fans would react.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/06/1 ... lticsGrid0

carey

Post by carey »

No thanks.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

carey wrote:No thanks.
To patty mills or that articles proposal for Love? I assume no to both

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I think Patty Mills is a good target if Bledsoe leaves.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Shabazz wrote:I think Patty Mills is a good target if Bledsoe leaves.
One concern after watching him play a solid game 4, I hope he doesn't ended up suffering from 'Ringitis'. That is a role/bench player who ends up getting overvalued because he was on a championship winning team and people expect them to keep going upward with a change of scenery (yes I just made that up). Some teams always end up overpaying for these sorts of players. I would want him as a quality bench player, who could be used to play decent minutes if required.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Danimal wrote:That site also has an article about how the Suns are now in 1st place to get Love. But the article goes on to say we are willing to give them Bledsoe and Goran for Love. There are a number of things wrong with that proposal but I would be curious to see how fans would react.

http://www.rantsports.com/nba/2014/06/1 ... lticsGrid0
What. The. Fuck.

INF, after viewing the above article, I hereby apologize to you for knocking your guy Spears - now THIS is fucking fanboy shit. :roll: It's shoots past "speculative" right into "fruit loops" land.

I love how we somehow picked up the 13th & 29th picks. :lol:

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Patty Mills is a gunner off the bench. That's his role in the Spurs and if you sign him you need to be ready for some Greald Green-esque unconsciousness. I like the player but unless some big changes are made to the roster I don't think we need him.

And good point on overvaluing role players on title teams. The Wolves can't wait to get rid of JJ Barea, for instance.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

In2ition wrote:Lol, yes, just like my post to it.

So...to fix the Suns, they just have to do everything that they did last year. There. Done. Fixed.
Somewhere Lance Blanks is taking notes and thinking what a great idea it is.

SDC

Post by SDC »

patty mills? sure. we'd have a superpowered backcourt with bledsoe, dragic and mills.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think Ed Davis is going to be a target that the Suns pursue.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

I hope so.
Jones and Vogel gotta go.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:I think Ed Davis is going to be a target that the Suns pursue.
I like Ed Davis, a little. He can't shoot FTs, but he at least rebounds and kind of defends. I don't see him as a areal upgrade in talent over Markieff though. Are we talking back-up PF? I guess we're all assuming Frye is a goner at this point?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I think potentially Davis gives you better defense and rebounding. But Markieff is absolutely more versatile and skilled offensively.

Davis is a risk though. He's shown flashes, and just about every time he's gotten minutes he has produced. He ate Frye and Markieff alive this past season. But he'll be looking for MLE money for 3-4 years. That's a substantial commitment and one not to be made lightly, especially for someone who hasn't been a regular starter.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Kris Humphries is probably cheaper and less risky than Davis if we wanted strenght in the paint. Depending on what happens in the draft I'd pass on either. Other names in tht mold would be Jordan Hill, Emeka Okafor if he can play. Trevor Booker had a nice stretch of games for the Wizards this season.

And I'd keep an eye on Jan Vesely. He could flourish in a small ball role.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Vesely is an incredible athlete in terms of playing above the rim and running the floor. But boy is he an awkward player and very limited.

Kriss Humphries and Ed Davis are very different. Davis is more of an interior scorer and gives you better length and rim protection on the defensive end. Humphries, on the other hand, can hit the mid-range shot and can be a beast on the boards. I wouldn't mind Humphries at all though.

Jarnell Stokes would make adding Humphries unnecessary.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

So whats the story with Okafor? Is he still injured or already exploring options with other teams. Was kinda hoping that if he got healthy he wouldnt mind playing here at a decent price since he has always played for losing teams/organisations and we appear to be on the up. But I imagine if he is at all healthy, he would be in high demand

I liked the idea of us having a veteran big man around. Some are mentioning Gasol but I dont mind someone purely having someone more as a mature bodied role player to help ease the burden on our young bigs - for example when Plumlee getting gassed in the 2nd half of the season. I just thought we got exposed in that area at times last year and Okafor would have filled in nicely but he never healed.

One thing which no-one talks about was that since his injury was so bad he didnt spend anytime with the team, and just think of the defensive mentoring he could have provided to Plumlee and Len. It was a real shame

Any other suggestions who may come at a decent price along with modest expectations? I always got the impression Kaman was disliked on this board, but he was someone I was thinking of since he has just been bouncing around the last few years.

Your thoughts?

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

And good point on overvaluing role players on title teams. The Wolves can't wait to get rid of JJ Barea, for instance.[/quote]

Didnt they give a stupid contract to Travis Knight once also. Those Wolves

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

According to this site, Miama seem to be targeting several of our players (there is a 2nd one about them targeting Bledsoe). Yes they are bs articles but the main question is, besides awfully late picks, what could they possibly trade on their roster?!

And you know its the off season when articles keep going on about 2 players sharing the same agent so they are destined to end up playing together. I don't really buy the logic. Is their agent that lazy they want all their clients on one team so they can cut down their meetings and travel.

http://fansided.com/2014/06/17/nba-rumo ... or/#!0KQch

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

What a horrible article. It wasn't even saying the heat were targeting Suns players just throwing names around who might help Miami.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

First part of the address should've tipped you off. ;)

More fanboy bullshit - and it's only going to get worse as the draft draws closer.....