College Basketball: 2015-2016

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: College Basketball: 2015-2016

Post by INFORMER »

Grayson Allen has got my attention.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:Grayson Allen has got my attention.
Wooo.. INF sees it too.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Simmions

Ingram
Bender

Dunn
Raab

Those are my top 5 right now. I think Simmons is the best prospect since Durant/Odom. He might even be a better prospect in College then KD was. Love me some Simmions.
I like Raab better then Jaylon Brown his cal teammate. If those 2 played for....say UNC....they'd be getting alot more pub. Diamond Stone and Buddy Heild are on my radar too.

Like others have said no to Skal. He's been called essentially soft by Calipari. His body is a few years off.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I'm starting to have some doubts about Simmons.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:I'm starting to have some doubts about Simmons.
Interesting, what are your doubts?
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I worry about his scoring ability at the next level. I worry about his being able to rebound against NBA size, speed, and athleticism.

And the numbers he's putting up reminds me of Michael Beasley at Kansas State. Aside from the obvious work ethic and off the field issues, the shocking thing about Beasley was how bad he was at defending and how ineffective he was on the boards after dominating the boards at the collegiate level.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Thoughts on Henry Ellenson INF? He seems to have a lot of tools in his basket from what I've seen.
Jones and Vogel out, Lue or Lee in, draft Grant Nelson or Tyler Kolek.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Haven't seen him yet. I believe I have a Marquette game on my DVR that I haven't gotten to yet.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

INFORMER wrote:I worry about his scoring ability at the next level. I worry about his being able to rebound against NBA size, speed, and athleticism.

And the numbers he's putting up reminds me of Michael Beasley at Kansas State. Aside from the obvious work ethic and off the field issues, the shocking thing about Beasley was how bad he was at defending and how ineffective he was on the boards after dominating the boards at the collegiate level.
You don't think Beasley could have been better in the pros if he didnt have a brain the size of a peanut?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

There is a huge difference between the two of them in BballIQ.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Anyone watching Oklahoma vs LSU?

Simmions line is 6-6 14pts, 7Rebs, 5asst. But if you're watching the game it doesn't give justice just how effortlessly he does things. He is sucha presence. My only gripe with him right now is he is way too unselfish, but if I think that'll get better with age. He's going to be a monster
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Buddy Heild is on fire. 29pts...OU by 1. It's a great game and it's on ESPN if anyone wants to tune in.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think hield is gonna be good. Might be Bradley Beal in the nba. If we had a second lottery pick I'd take him

Split T

Post by Split T »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Anyone watching Oklahoma vs LSU?

Simmions line is 6-6 14pts, 7Rebs, 5asst. But if you're watching the game it doesn't give justice just how effortlessly he does things. He is sucha presence. My only gripe with him right now is he is way too unselfish, but if I think that'll get better with age. He's going to be a monster
Great game. I watched the last ten minutes. Hield is quite the shooter. I wish lsu would get the ball to Simmons more. I'd like him to be more aggressive, but I think we will see that more in the nba

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I understand them not getting him the ball. He doesn't really have scoring instincts, he doesn't have range on his shot, and he settles too often for those weak floater flip shots.

It was a tremendous game.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

It's scary that either one of the California duo is a projected lotto pick.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I really hope they find a way to get kids to stay in college for 2 years. This 1-and-done business hurts both college and the NBA. I'm not ever going to get into college hoops as long as the players are all rotating in and out every season like this, then going straight to the NBA underprepared to contribute.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

I get nervous about Hornacek coaching a high draft pick. Especially from what INF has said about Simmons. Hornacek either wouldn't have the stones to teach him any discipline or would just bench him and miss out the teaching part. Currently its not a good environment for a talented pick who might need some pushing to come into. Somethings need to change before we can make the most of that kind of player.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Danimal wrote:I get nervous about Hornacek coaching a high draft pick. Especially from what INF has said about Simmons. Hornacek either wouldn't have the stones to teach him any discipline or would just bench him and miss out the teaching part. Currently its not a good environment for a talented pick who might need some pushing to come into. Somethings need to change before we can make the most of that kind of player.
Well, this is the last year on Hornacek's deal and I've not heard any word yet on whether an extension is even being considered.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:It's scary that either one of the California duo is a projected lotto pick.
I do like Rabb a lot, but Brown is top 5? I don't see it but people seem to like him.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!