NBA Regular Season, opening night!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Nodack

Re: NBA Regular Season, opening night!

Post by Nodack »

I enjoyed watching Lebron lose too.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I enjoyed watching Alvin Gentry get his ring. Made me miss the "good ol' days" so to speak. Nothing against Hornacek but the Gentry era definitely had a more endearing collection of players. Glad Alvin got one. Just wish it would have been with us.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Nodack wrote:I enjoyed watching Lebron lose too.
We have their pick this year. Its in our best interest.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

pickle wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Still beating my FG%.
did you watch the game? this is highly uncharacteristic for AD, to say the least... 5 turnovers? did draymond green bear hug him for 40 minutes?
Nope. He took too many contested pull up and fadeaway shots. Green guarded him, but so did Bogut and others, and instead of taking the slower guys off the dribble all the way to the hoop, or working in the post, he settled for the jumper. The fact that he was hit hard whenever he got close to the rim didn't help either.

By mid 2nd quarter NOP got up one point actually, 44-43 I believe, but then they had that stretch of bad shot selection. Not just Davis, who probably got too stubborn although I don't know if the coach forced him to look for his own too much. Eric Gordon tried too hard as well, all kind of stuff that was denied because, well, the Ws play great team defense and he doesn't have the explosion or lift anymore. The rest available pieces barely looked like NBA talent at that point with the exception of, get this, Kendrick Perkins who abused Bogut at the start of the game with shots and moves that would make him lose a HORSE game any other day.

Gentry took Davis out (had a brief talk with him) Gordon missed everything, NOP couldn't grab a rebound and Curry plus said team defense dismantled the Pels beyond repair the rest of the quarter.

pickle

Post by pickle »

thanks for the analysis. i looked at a couple of quarters of the game after i got home from work, and i agree... gordon has lost the lift in his legs. felt like davis was bothered by the physicality, and new orleans not being able to spread the floor didn't help either.